Ourobous Bank MIssions Flashbacks

Has anyone suggested a [Paragon City] Bank Mission Flashback Taskforce? I'd like to add to the conversation (or my support to those who may have suggested):

1. Villain and Rouge to help get the Invader Badge;
  2. Everyone can earn merits for paper, radio missions (PRM). Say two per mission (to be given when leaving Task Force), and two and a bonus of two per PRM for (stopping) a bank job;
  3. As people use the Willing to Join...option in the LFG tab people can earn a minimum of two Merits;
  4. Maybe add a PVP option to the Bank Job with a 2:1 Villain:Hero ratio;
  5. A Homecoming [Safeguard, Mayhem] Accolade that is a +3% fear effect bonus and increases to +5% for having both Safeguard and Mayhem accolades;
  6. To come later - maybe. 

A full Atlas Bank Mission Taskforce would earn eight merits.

*Soft Core Squid looks at the fourth wall* "I enjoy reading about killing your citizens in the news, 'heroes'. "

Edited by Canadian Anvil
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

There are both red (Lord Schweinzer) and blue (Agent Hassell) contacts that give you access to all the bank robbery/safeguard missions. You need the Hero Slayer badge red side and the Villain Disruptor badge blue side.

• Thumbs Up 3

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

14 hours ago, Uun said:

There are both red (Lord Schweinzer) and blue (Agent Hassell) contacts that give you access to all the bank robbery/safeguard missions. You need the Hero Slayer badge red side and the Villain Disruptor badge blue side.

What manner of wizardry is this?!  I've never heard of them before, but sure enough, there they are.  This info is going onto my master list of game trivia that I keep so I won't forget it.  (Maybe a bit onerous to unlock them, but then again, I haven't kept track of how many villains or heroes I bash as I level, maybe they add up faster than I think)

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

What manner of wizardry is this?!  I've never heard of them before, but sure enough, there they are.  This info is going onto my master list of game trivia that I keep so I won't forget it.  (Maybe a bit onerous to unlock them, but then again, I haven't kept track of how many villains or heroes I bash as I level, maybe they add up faster than I think)

If you run the Signature Story Arcs or Provost Marchand's arc you can knock out these badges.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 6/11/2022 at 2:05 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

You'll unlock the Hero Slayer Badge, Villain Disruptor Badge to access the contacts for Mayhem and Safeguard missions. (I do it for my villains at or before 45 because the Invader badge is easier to unlock the powered accolade.)

What I'm proposing is more then unlocking the Invader Accolade. I'm proposing a flashback that is another backdoor to the Invader and Safeguard Badges, a new revenue path for merits, a reason to select Join In Progress in the LFG system (if it even works), a PvP/Arena option, and a new Homecoming powered accolade that has a two stage boost for the Status Effect: Fear by collecting all the Mayhem and, or Safeguard badges. Almost every team is running radio, paper missions (mainly radio) but ignoring bank jobs even thought bank jobs give great rewards: Resuscitation (Self Resurrect); Summon Teammates; movement, endurance, health and regeneration boosts.... They could just modify the bank job rewards to include merits and add the Homecoming Accolade via the Lord Schweinzer and Agent Hassell as they are technically Flashbacks. And if they did decide to do this, then in the following issues, more Homecoming powered accolades for other status, mez, effects like immobilize, taunt..., and then onto boost like 5% psionic damage (3% for unlocking the Hero/Villain then 5% for unlocking both) link to existing (echo) badges, plaques and defeats. I already "cheat" to unlock the Marshall Badge by unlocking the The Atlas Medallion Badge as few run the LRSF.

Edited by Canadian Anvil
grammar; minor idea edit
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2022 at 2:05 PM, Clave Dark 5 said:

(Maybe a bit onerous to unlock them, but then again, I haven't kept track of how many villains or heroes I bash as I level, maybe they add up faster than I think)

Redside regular missions will give you enough opportunities to kill 8 (or is it 25) heroes for the badge without paying attention to it. I just get notified that Lord Schwienzer has been unlocked usually around 35-40. You'll definitely go against the entire Vindicators by 45.

I wish they'd have a counter for the mailbox/phone/hydrant/newspaper stand badge. like how many of each do I still need. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Six-Six said:

Redside regular missions will give you enough opportunities to kill 8 (or is it 25) heroes for the badge without paying attention to it. I just get notified that Lord Schwienzer has been unlocked usually around 35-40. You'll definitely go against the entire Vindicators by 45.

I wish they'd have a counter for the mailbox/phone/hydrant/newspaper stand badge. like how many of each do I still need. 

25, that's why most do the work around to unlock it via Provost Marchand's Story Arc. A few missions and badge/contact unlocked.

Never noticed if those badges have counters, becuase counting a 1000 silly civilians is a piece of cake.

On 6/10/2022 at 9:05 AM, Canadian Anvil said:

Everyone can earn merits for paper, radio missions (PRM). Say two per mission (to be given when leaving Task Force), and two and a bonus of two per PRM for (stopping) a bank job

You want two merits per paper/radio mission?! Those are typically fast missions. Why should papers/radios get merits for random repeatable missions when other random repeatable missions like in First Ward and Night Ward are worth jack all? No.

As people use the Willing to Join...option in the LFG tab people can earn a minimum of two Merits

And you want to earn merits just for joining. You already get merits for joining the content in the LFG tab. So no to merits just for using the LFG tab. No merit reward on top of the merit reward for content just because you joined using the LFG tab.

Has anyone suggested a [Paragon City] Bank Mission Flashback Taskforce?

On 6/10/2022 at 9:18 AM, Uun said:

There are both red (Lord Schweinzer) and blue (Agent Hassell) contacts that give you access to all the bank robbery/safeguard missions.

As stated by @Uun, you can already flashback to any Safeguard/Mayhem you want.

Maybe add a PVP option to the Bank Job with a 2:1 Villain:Hero ratio

If you want a Safeguard/Mayhem PvP accessible through like the arena, then fine. I don't care. If you want to make Safeguards/Mayhems PvP? I can't say my reaction without getting banned.

A Homecoming [Safeguard, Mayhem] Accolade that is a +3% fear effect bonus and increases to +5% for having both Safeguard and Mayhem accolades;

Why are people fixated on getting even more buffs on their characters? I want to say no to this. I really, really, really want to say no to this. Instead I'll say I don't really care other than this bonus only benefits a specific sub group of players. So thank you for coming up with an accolade reward that tells the majority of characters where they can stick it. Actually, I guess that is still a no.

Okay, so I don't really care if yet another accolade to buff the characters exists, but I do care that the proposed accolade is geared to benefit only some characters. (Edit: Not even mezzers in general. Just strictly characters that use fear.)

Villain and Rouge to help get the Invader Badge

How would they help get the badge? You get the badge by getting all the explores. What do you even mean by this?

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uhm... you can already get the temps from the Safeguards and Mayhems by going through Agent Hassle and Lord Schweinzer. You can do all the Safeguards and Mayhems on demand through them. I unlocked Lord Schweinzer without even trying. Agent Hassle took a little work, but that was probably because I started red side and didn't go blue side until late.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/12/2022 at 1:32 PM, Rudra said:

You want two merits per paper/radio mission?! Those are typically fast missions. Why should papers/radios get merits for random repeatable missions when other random repeatable missions like in First Ward and Night Ward are worth jack all? No.

Ah man, I bet you're the life of the party, eh. You justify your "no" becuase something else in this game is "jack all"? A lot of what's in this game is "jack all". For example, I can join a mission arc team which only benifits the team lead in merits if I haven't unlocked the contact or too high or low a level for the contact.

And you want to earn merits just for joining. You already get merits for joining the content in the LFG tab. So no to merits just for using the LFG tab. No merit reward on top of the merit reward for content just because you joined using the LFG tab.

That over simplifies and you're cherry picking. Aren't merits rewarded at the end of a mission? And we all can already get merits by doing "jack all" by door sitting every mission of a TF, SF.

As stated by @Uun, you can already flashback to any Safeguard/Mayhem you want.

Address in a previous post.

If you want a Safeguard/Mayhem PvP accessible through like the arena, then fine. I don't care. If you want to make Safeguards/Mayhems PvP? I can't say my reaction without getting banned.

Is this an oxymoron or are you just against PvP in general? Or are you asking about the ratio that is prefaced by Maybe.\?

Why are people fixated on getting even more buffs on their characters? I want to say no to this. I really, really, really want to say no to this. Instead I'll say I don't really care other than this bonus only benefits a specific sub group of players. So thank you for coming up with an accolade reward that tells the majority of characters where they can stick it. Actually, I guess that is still a no.

Okay, so I don't really care if yet another accolade to buff the characters exists, but I do care that the proposed accolade is geared to benefit only some characters. (Edit: Not even mezzers in general. Just strictly characters that use fear.)

How is this a "stick it" if anyone can earn it and I do suggest it can lead to other HOMECOMING specific powered accolades and suggest taunt, immobilize and psionic damage? The game HAS ALWAYS BEEN LITTERED with buffing from powers like Invulnerability's Dull Pain, and Fire Blast's Aim, enhancements, IO sets buffs (which can be used to add a specific damage to a non-damage mez like fear), the Incanate system.... You sound so much against buffs I'm guessing you also hate the buff option from DFB, and would like a NO BUFF FOR ME THANKS AS I'M GOOD AND LIKE DRIVING CARS WITHOUT POWER STEERING AND BRAKES option at the end. But make up yor mind as your posting is littered with "no" and "I don't care" on a singular point.

How would they help get the badge? You get the badge by getting all the explores. What do you even mean by this?

If I join a mission team on the blue side at level 9, and not really paying attention and go to level 15, I miss the chance to go back and do paper missions to unlock the bank job unless I get lucky and team with someone at a lower level to do the bank job or wait till I unlock Lord Schweinzer. Are you also against multiple paths to a reward, zone? For example, Steel Canyon has multiple transfer points like two train (the old Green and Yellow lines), base, Cosmic, Wentworth, Universities via Midnighters, Sewer Network....

But I can't wait to see how you're gonna react to my next suggestion that I'm formulating for a Homecoming Ouroboro Echo Accolade that's unlocked a Ouroboros Echo Portal by adding multiple Ouroboros Echo transfer points at the old transfer points like Galaxy City in Atlas.

I look forward to your reply.

49 minutes ago, Canadian Anvil said:
On 6/12/2022 at 11:32 AM, Rudra said:

Ah man, I bet you're the life of the party, eh. You justify your "no" becuase something else in this game is "jack all"? A lot of what's in this game is "jack all". For example, I can join a mission arc team which only benifits the team lead in merits if I haven't unlocked the contact or too high or low a level for the contact.

Yep, the party goes to hell when I get there. Merits are awarded based on the duration and difficulty of the missions/arcs. Radios and papers are single shot missions. Typically on small maps. Their value for the merit system? Zero. So their reward? Zero. I am opposed to merit rewards for papers and radios because it takes so little effort and time to do them.

51 minutes ago, Canadian Anvil said:

That over simplifies and you're cherry picking. Aren't merits rewarded at the end of a mission? And we all can already get merits by doing "jack all" by door sitting every mission of a TF, SF.

I don't care if people door sit their way through an arc and get the rewards. I do care if people are going to get merits just for joining though. The merit rewards for doing something are already there. I am opposed to bonus merits just for using LFG to join. What is to stop people from simply using LFG to grab 2 quick merits, quitting, then using LFG to grab 2 more quick merits. Merits are awarded at the end, and they are already awarded based on what is being done. Getting merits for just using LFG to join anything is just asking for free merits. So, no.

53 minutes ago, Canadian Anvil said:

Is this an oxymoron or are you just against PvP in general? Or are you asking about the ratio that is prefaced by Maybe.\?

What maybe are you talking about? And yes, I am against PvP in general. I don't want PvP to go away, because there are players that enjoy it. So huzzah, enjoy PvP. No skin off my back. Mayhems and Safeguards as PvP options is fine. If done through a PvP venue. Making Mayhems and Safeguards themselves PvP however, I am against. Yes, you said "the option" for it. I acknowledge that. As long as Mayhems and Safeguards stay PvE, I don't care if there is a PvP version. Just addressing a previous concern (from a different thread admittedly) that asked for Mayhems and Safeguards to become PvP instead. You want a PvP Mayhem/Safeguard? Sure, great, go for it. As long as the PvE version stays.

58 minutes ago, Canadian Anvil said:

How is this a "stick it" if anyone can earn it and I do suggest it can lead to other HOMECOMING specific powered accolades and suggest taunt, immobilize and psionic damage? The game HAS ALWAYS BEEN LITTERED with buffing from powers like Invulnerability's Dull Pain, and Fire Blast's Aim, enhancements, IO sets buffs (which can be used to add a specific damage to a non-damage mez like fear), the Incanate system.... You sound so much against buffs I'm guessing you also hate the buff option from DFB, and would like a NO BUFF FOR ME THANKS AS I'M GOOD AND LIKE DRIVING CARS WITHOUT POWER STEERING AND BRAKES option at the end. But make up yor mind as your posting is littered with "no" and "I don't care" on a singular point.

You are comparing completely unrelated things. I have no problems with buffs. Not from specific missions granting buffs, or IO set buffs, or whatever. My comment is strictly about accolades and accolade powers themselves. We already have ample buffs from accolades. Further, the proposed accolade and its associated power only benefits that percentage that uses fear effects. It benefits no one unless they have a fear power. That is a highly specific buff.

1 hour ago, Canadian Anvil said:

If I join a mission team on the blue side at level 9, and not really paying attention and go to level 15, I miss the chance to go back and do paper missions to unlock the bank job unless I get lucky and team with someone at a lower level to do the bank job or wait till I unlock Lord Schweinzer. Are you also against multiple paths to a reward, zone? For example, Steel Canyon has multiple transfer points like two train (the old Green and Yellow lines), base, Cosmic, Wentworth, Universities via Midnighters, Sewer Network....

Thank you for not answering my question. You get the Invader badge by getting all the Mayhem explores. If you have out-leveled a Mayhem, you can already get help from other villains and rogues by them letting you join them so you can grab the explore. And I am sure there are villains and rogues that would welcome you to their team for the sake of more mobs and more things exploding sooner. All of which is already possible. So how would villains and rogues help get the Invader badge other than how they already do? What are you asking to be implemented?

You like to contrast completely unrelated things like asking if I am against multiple zone connection points in response to my asking how could villains and rogues help others get the Invader badge. Which they already can do. And which I do for anyone asking me or in broadcast when I am on. It makes taking you seriously difficult.

37 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Thank you for not answering my question. You get the Invader badge by getting all the Mayhem explores. If you have out-leveled a Mayhem, you can already get help from other villains and rogues by them letting you join them so you can grab the explore. And I am sure there are villains and rogues that would welcome you to their team for the sake of more mobs and more things exploding sooner. All of which is already possible. So how would villains and rogues help get the Invader badge other than how they already do? What are you asking to be implemented?

You like to contrast completely unrelated things like asking if I am against multiple zone connection points in response to my asking how could villains and rogues help others get the Invader badge. Which they already can do. And which I do for anyone asking me or in broadcast when I am on. It makes taking you seriously difficult.

I'm only going to answer the above quoted point (again) and one other point. And hopefully this one point will show some of the other inconsistencies and some of your other points have been already addressed and you seem to be trolling, and I'm ending my discussion with you on this topic:

I clearly stated multiple times in this thread: it's another path to the invader accolade. Another path, hence not "completely unrelated" as I used the example of how there are multiple paths to Steele Canyon. Maybe I should have use another example but I did not, and you failed to see the metaphor.

48 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Yep, the party goes to hell when I get there. Merits are awarded based on the duration and difficulty of the missions/arcs. Radios and papers are single shot missions. Typically on small maps. Their value for the merit system? Zero. So their reward? Zero. I am opposed to merit rewards for papers and radios because it takes so little effort and time to do them.

True. And again, this is all merely a suggestion where the reward could just be the number of merits for the bank job based on the number of missions participated in getting to the bank job, and other factors. However, there is technically an exception to this: SBB. But selecting the Overwhelming Force enhancement, you technically earned an easy 100 merits for a few simple missions of short duration. Other examples of equal merits as suggested: GMs that are taken down relatively quickly - especially Adamastor (10 (once ever 24 hours I believe) then 6 ever hour for less that 5 minutes for a team of 8.

47 minutes ago, Canadian Anvil said:

I'm only going to answer the above quoted point (again) and one other point. And hopefully this one point will show some of the other inconsistencies and some of your other points have been already addressed and you seem to be trolling, and I'm ending my discussion with you on this topic:

I clearly stated multiple times in this thread: it's another path to the invader accolade. Another path, hence not "completely unrelated" as I used the example of how there are multiple paths to Steele Canyon. Maybe I should have use another example but I did not, and you failed to see the metaphor.

The only alternate route to get Invader that makes any sense is if it follows some of the other badges and is awarded when you go villain/rogue while already having the Stouthearted badge. And vice versa.

47 minutes ago, Canadian Anvil said:

True. And again, this is all merely a suggestion where the reward could just be the number of merits for the bank job based on the number of missions participated in getting to the bank job, and other factors. However, there is technically an exception to this: SBB. But selecting the Overwhelming Force enhancement, you technically earned an easy 100 merits for a few simple missions of short duration. Other examples of equal merits as suggested: GMs that are taken down relatively quickly - especially Adamastor (10 (once ever 24 hours I believe) then 6 ever hour for less that 5 minutes for a team of 8.

You are again comparing unrelated things. I don't care how many merits any given GM awards. You are asking for 2 merits for every radio or paper mission completed. The closest comparison to that is the repeatables. The repeatables in First Ward and Night Ward give zero merits. Why? Because they are short duration one shot missions. Missions that give merits? Are the arcs that give merits dependent on how long the arc is and how difficult it is. The only repeatables that give merits are the Dark Astoria incarnate content. Which gives 2 merits if you have not done any of the repeatables in the past 24 hours. Otherwise they give 1. With incarnate level foes as your opposition. (Edit: And SBB is a 4-person TF that requires 4 players to do. So again, not a good comparison.)

So to me at least, you are asking for free merits. You want merits just for clicking a button. And you want merits for facing off against standard foes in unconnected missions on typically small maps. There are LOTS of ways to get merits. You get 6 merits for each GM, except for Adamastor who gives 10 for some reason. And several GMs, including Adamastor, can be summoned by any player whenever they want. You get 80 merits for defeating Hamidon if you have not defeated him in the past 24 hours. Otherwise you get 40. You get merits for TFs and SFs. With 1 TF giving I think 144 merits. You get merits for completing the morality mission (after competing 10 alignment missions). You get merits for completing any arc in Ouroboros. (Not single badge mission, arc.) And you want merits for clicking a join button and paper/radio missions.

The devs will do whatever they want. I don't see this happening though.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1