July 2022 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

As always with these posts, I’d like to drop a quick reminder that there are more ways to support Homecoming than just through donations. For a general overview of the different ways you can help Homecoming, check out this thread.

Last Month: June 2022

Last month we accepted $4,392.37 in donations, $87.73 over our target for the month. As always, any additional funding remaining at the end of each month is put towards our operating expenses for the following month.

We paid for a 1-year domain renewal ($10) during June which was not listed in our original breakdown. Additionally, Homecoming’s legal address was changed, costing $240.00 for setup fees and the first year of mail service at the new location.

Here is the breakdown of our operating expenses for June:

• $4,031.87 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $240.00 for our new mailing address / service
    • Incl. setup & 1 year of service
  • $120.97 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $105.00 for our 6-month Invision Community (forums) renewal
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $19.82 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email
  • $10.00 for a 1-year domain renewal
  • $9.73 for security / administration software

image.png.2a8b8915377caad99d9b01e2bbc06301.png

This Month: July 2022

The donation target for July 2022 is $4,340.88. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,031.87 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $133.46 to cover the remaining cost of our new mailing address which billed in June
  • $121.57 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $19.25 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email
  • $9.73 for security / administration software

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $4,340.88 and will automatically close once that target is met.

- The Homecoming Team

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Cipher pinned this topic

Donated.  I was about to come in here and post about how long it was taking to hit the target, then I noticed Cipher only posted this thread 51 minutes ago - so we're in good shape.  🙂

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

7 minutes ago, jhazard99 said:

Donated.  Do these costs occur every month?  I could set up a recurring payment/subscription if that'd help.

They do a funding drive each month, but I don't think you can setup a recurring payment.  I think you can set an alert for when the dev/GM posts about it, though...

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just....made...the...window. Forgot this was the last Saturday of the month.

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Donated.  I was about to come in here and post about how long it was taking to hit the target, then I noticed Cipher only posted this thread 51 minutes ago - so we're in good shape.  🙂

Wait, are you saying we hit our donation mark in two hours? 😮 

Edited by TorontoSunshine
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TorontoSunshine said:

Wait, are you saying we hit our donation mark in two hours? 😮 

That's certainly possible.  I wasn't paying attention and happened to see the Discord message around 5:30 and figured it had been posted around 3:00, which is their usual 'target'.  When I donated, I was surprised we were only around 65% to the target - since I thought it had been about 2-1/2 hours.  Then I came back to the forums to post and saw that it had only been about 50 minutes.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• Cipher unpinned this topic