You are about to do something hard and can only pick one defender...

Lyrium

I have nothing but love for the updated  Trick Arrow, but I agree that it has one major weakness, and that is lacking buffs except for its T9. Debuff is very useful, but it also usually requires application per mob... in Trick Arrow's case all of the powers are clicks. Flash Arrow in particular is vulnerable to new waves of enemies arriving, requiring a re-click. It's a great package overall, but not as reliable as being able to buff folks when things get insane, like they do in some of the AE challenge arcs.

OTOH Trick Arrow, particularly on Controllers, deals a lot more damage than most other buff sets. So even if it's not a top contender for the buff role, it's still going to be modestly a contributor in direct damage, which is always useful. 

On 7/5/2022 at 6:07 PM, GM Impervium said:

Okay folks, 2 things:

1: Keep it friendly... things were starting to veer towards hostile, so I hid some posts.

2: Do NOT mention things that are still in Closed Beta. Talking about the Aeon SF is fine. The other thing? No. Not yet.

The other thing?

Which one you talkin' about? 😜

OIP.jpg

OIP (1).jpg

bnvrLivAhVJnFM3qh0kfIIU3F5j.jpg

addams-family-thing-gif-7.gif

On 7/10/2022 at 1:24 PM, Voltak said:

@Linea and myself would respectfully disagree or say this is wrong.  
Let me explain -  a power boosted Force Field from a Defender, even with Clarion Radial T4, is going to provide a super level of defense with so much buffer that it becomes hard for you to be defense debuffed to dangerous degree since the team, before the bubbles are applied, is already at soft cap defenses.  

You can do the exact same trick - for the same amount - with Cold Domination. Both have toggle auras (+10% defense, status protection vs. +5% defense, F/C/E resist) but Power Boost will only momentarily boost them rather than locking in for the entire duration.

You can pull the same trick with Time, albeit with 12.5% vs. 15% Defense (and +hit) that covers the user as well.

I'd rate both Time and Cold as better than Force Field for the use case you're talking about.

26 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

You can do the exact same trick - for the same amount - with Cold Domination. Both have toggle auras (+10% defense, status protection vs. +5% defense, F/C/E resist) but Power Boost will only momentarily boost them rather than locking in for the entire duration.

You can pull the same trick with Time, albeit with 12.5% vs. 15% Defense (and +hit) that covers the user as well.

I'd rate both Time and Cold as better than Force Field for the use case you're talking about.

Power Boost doesn't work with Cold Domination's shields due to them having an enhanceable resistance component:

This^

Unless you're speaking of something besides Ice and Glacial Shield I ran a Cold/Ice/Power Defender for many issues on Pinnacle.  I could hard cap my own To Hit (PBU+Aim+Tactics) watching it turn blue ("Hi Mako, eat a  Benumb.  Don't care if you popped Elude").  Never once noticed anything boosted about the Shields while doing so.  Doesn't surprise me Force Field could do similar things to defense buffs that happened to my to hit when I hit Power Build Up, a sort of mirroring situation.  

Edit

Edited by Doomguide2005
Clarity

1 hour ago, Hjarki said:

Negative.  Powerboost will boost NONE of the Cold shields.  Why?   They have a resists element to them. 

For sheer Defense, nothing beats a Force Field Defender for team wide defense, individual defense that is, with powerboost and Clarion radial.  

On 7/16/2022 at 4:31 AM, Voltak said:

Negative.  Powerboost will boost NONE of the Cold shields.  Why?   They have a resists element to them. 

For sheer Defense, nothing beats a Force Field Defender for team wide defense, individual defense that is, with powerboost and Clarion radial.  

Just a slight correction: one of FF bubbles also has a +resist component. The difference is, unlike Cold shields, FF bubbles cannot be enhanced for +resist.

• Thumbs Up 1

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

8 hours ago, Falsey said:

Just a slight correction: one of FF bubbles also has a +resist component. The difference is, unlike Cold shields, FF bubbles cannot be enhanced for +resist.

Just to correct slightly here. 

I never said the resist can be enhanced for FF.

Cold has resists that can.

I never said anything to contradict this 

24 minutes ago, Voltak said:

Just to correct slightly here. 

I never said the resist can be enhanced for FF.

Cold has resists that can.

I never said anything to contradict this 

Oh, I'm just adding to what you said so it's clear for those who might not be aware. Not questioning you in

any way.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.