How good is the Fighting power pool for blasters?

RooGirl

I'm having way too much fun with my pistols/martial Blapper, who is mostly a solo player. I was wondering whether Tough and Weave are good for some extra defense, or if I should just focus on slotting my main skills?

The typical cookie cutter build that gives blasters a good balance of offense and defense will include both the fighting and leadership pools. Defense is the easiest way to augment blaster survival.

This link gives you an explanation of why defense is important.

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Defense_Effectiveness

• Like 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

they are absolutely crucial in making soft capped defense builds but for resistance im not sure honestly cant be bothered trying mostly due to mez powers and amps just being too much cheese for me at least with defense you get a chance to deflect some hold/stuns

• Like 1

For me taking the fighting pool is hugely dependant on whether the power set i am picking can support it alone.

Most blaster sets can and then i will stack it with a patron power mostly charged armour and with a little set bonus you can hit the S/L cap easy.

Some sets can be maxed out on S/L resists and ranged defence with the fighting pool and set bonuses only.

• Like 1

For endgame yes.  Tough is the only place for most blaster builds to slot the two +3 defense unique enhancements.  That alone makes this pool mandatory for a min/max blaster build.  Weave gives a good amount of defense and another place for LotG +7.5% recharge.  And if you have slots and need, Boxing can be a set mule for Kinetic Combat or Mako's Bite to get more defense.

For leveling up, I'd focus on getting attacks slotted first.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Yes.  Get them both.

• Like 1

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

• 4 weeks later
12 hours ago, drgantz said:

I read that Cross Punch is awesome as well.  If you take both Boxing and Kick, then Cross Punch will be even better.

Even with the synergy boosts, the blaster's own native attack powers will outperform Cross Punch hands down.

1 hour ago, Black Zot said:

Even with the synergy boosts, the blaster's own native attack powers will outperform Cross Punch hands down.

Thanks for the response.  I thought of using Cross Punch with DP for a Cowboy theme, but it sounds like it would be weak.  I was using MC, but I just feel like the appearance is wrong for a Cowboy.  I wish we had a StJ secondary, but we don't.

7 hours ago, drgantz said:

I thought of using Cross Punch with DP for a Cowboy theme, but it sounds like it would be weak.  I was using MC, but I just feel like the appearance is wrong for a Cowboy. 

Really, what about Billy Jack? 😆

image.jpeg.0aac7b5bd688cc207c2d093d6ed16970.jpeg

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present