League Chat

STiTcH

Where is the best place to post a request for an update to League Chats Color. Leading leagues I find the color pallet for League chat is extremely bland and does not draw in the leagues attention. Having it stand out like request chat would be beneficial.

• Thumbs Up 1

You used to be able to change chat color by right clicking the chat in the window, not where you type, and choosing to edit the color. However, I think that only applied to custom chat channels and not game set ones.

Edit:

48 minutes ago, STiTcH said:

Leading leagues I find the color pallet for League chat is extremely bland and does not draw in the leagues attention. Having it stand out like request chat would be beneficial.

Also, it would only change the league chat color as you see it, not as anyone else sees it. There is no way to force your palette preferences for chat on others. Which is why some league leaders use the Request channel and warn others to stay off it while the league is running.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

I’m aware of using request chat. I was kind of curious if it was a fix that could be implemented to have the color updated to something more vibrant like the request chat rather than such a bland color. And not force the league to use a specific chat like request chat. Appreciate the response though.

50 minutes ago, biostem said:

Can't you customize the chat colors in the options menu?

I’ve only ever been able to customize created channels not set channels. Just thinking it would be beneficial to leagues/badge runs if the standard color for league chat stood out a little more than it currently does.

2 minutes ago, STiTcH said:

I’ve only ever been able to customize created channels not set channels. Just thinking it would be beneficial to leagues/badge runs if the standard color for league chat stood out a little more than it currently does.

If that's the case, then yes, allow us to customize our chat channel colors!

Customizing the chat channel colors for non-player created channels would only change what that specific player sees on that specific character. From what @STiTcH is saying, the desire is to change the chat color so that everyone sees the new color. Which would require the devs to just change the current color to something else since only that would apply it to everyone. And sure, I could see a more in your face attention grabbing color being used instead of the current pale blue. I could also see just expecting players to actually pay attention to League chat since they need to know what the league is doing or is about to do, but that doesn't seem to work out as well as it should. I guess that makes me indifferent to the suggestion. Good luck with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey @STiTcH, I made a suggestion similar to this not long ago:

Not sure if this is what you had in mind. Of course, such a topic is highly controversial. There's already a setting that allows each player to have a different colored name, which helps me, but I would love for players to have an option to make the team/league leader stand out more.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can play with wdw and chat channels to customize your view when need be like I:

- switch general chat tab to league chat tab

- switch local/broadcast/group tab to group tab

- switch my customized story tab to my customized combat tab

- turn off lfg chat panel

Edited by vicuna

• 2 weeks later
On 8/4/2022 at 3:48 PM, Oklahoman said:

Hey @STiTcH, I made a suggestion similar to this not long ago:

Not sure if this is what you had in mind. Of course, such a topic is highly controversial. There's already a setting that allows each player to have a different colored name, which helps me, but I would love for players to have an option to make the team/league leader stand out more.

Exactly Okie...I was just hoping that they would make the standard color of league chat STAND out for everyone rather than have it a dull color like it is now. Make it stand out like Request chat.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/3/2022 at 7:55 PM, biostem said:

Can't you customize the chat colors in the options menu?

I think you can - but that doesn't mean the players on a given league have done that. Seems like what the OP is after, is for an idiot/lazy proof way to ensure the players can discern league chat from other chat. 

Now, some folks have a special tab set up for league chat, and some folks take the time to color things. But there's a lot of folks who are blissfully unaware that any of the UI can be changed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I think you can - but that doesn't mean the players on a given league have done that. Seems like what the OP is after, is for an idiot/lazy proof way to ensure the players can discern league chat from other chat. 

Now, some folks have a special tab set up for league chat, and some folks take the time to color things. But there's a lot of folks who are blissfully unaware that any of the UI can be changed. 

No, you can't. The only chat customizations in the options menu is what your character's chat bubble looks like. And the only editable text colors in the chat window are player channels, not set game channels like league.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:45 PM, vicuna said:

You can play with wdw and chat channels to customize your view when need be like I:

- switch general chat tab to league chat tab

- switch local/broadcast/group tab to group tab

- switch my customized story tab to my customized combat tab

- turn off lfg chat panel

I am not not talking about editing my own chats. I am asking if it is possible to get an update to change the league chat for the entire population so it sticks out to the entire community. It is currently a very bland color. I am asking if it is possible to have the devs update it to stick out like the request chat does.

• Thumbs Up 1

yea mate... i totally agree... especially for the usual league leaders this is VERY beneficial if the colours for league chat is different (stands out colour) by default

FOR EXAMPLE  ^^^ LIKE THE ABOVE!!!