Illusion/?? A Naruto Shippuden Based Character

smnolimits41

I've got one of those. My first attempt at Trollers. And man is he fun... and stronk! too strong that I'm almost finding him boring... almost. 😃 

I took Experimentation pool for the Ninja Speed-o-Sound (sonic... cough... One Punch... cough), Ninja poison dart, and corrosive Vial. In my head, the poison dart and spectral wounds animation are him thowing shurikens. Incidentally, the poison dart does additional damage after you cast Blind.

As for the concept, I think you can go with Kin, Time, Electric, or Dark. I went with Dark. totally depends on how you want to spin it.

Edited by Six-Six
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, smnolimits41 said:

alright, i think i'm gonna try Illusion/Time.  Kakashi, uses Shadow Clones, just not as many as Naruto.  He also can manipulate time.  Now to come up with a costume and a name.

Taifu Uzamaki

I think theme wise I'll/storm would the closest as Naruto is a wind element character and tornado looks close enough to his signature moves (rasengan and it's upgrades) bonus points if you get the fire armour epic for sage of the six paths mode

• Thumbs Up 2

I only took superior invisibility. Its stealth is as good as Stalker Hide that I can stand in the middle of a mob and pick their noses without them noticing. I didn't want to make phantom army invisible with group invisibility as it defeats the purpose of them taking initial aggro instead of me. /dark has Shadow Fall, which I didn't take, but I did take Fade for a panic button. I don't think Time has any stealth powers. If you're talking about concealment pool it would seem redundant, besides, the def you get is only active when you're not being attacked... (though my combat attributes sometimes says otherwise, but I combat attributes is sometimes not on the level with the stats) which yeah you don't want to be, but it defeats the purpose of defence once you do get attacked.

5 hours ago, smnolimits41 said:

Alright, Ramen Lad is now lvl 20.  I'm curious, would you take all the stealth powers ??  I now you can't use them at the same time.

I took Superior Invis. because I can go to end and then ATT.  You would think, Group invis could do that for the group as a whole to do it, but then some players get the invis and don't get the idea.

Also, took Group Invis anyways but as one of the last two powers, for the LotG slot 😛 

On 8/19/2022 at 6:37 AM, Six-Six said:

I only took superior invisibility. Its stealth is as good as Stalker Hide that I can stand in the middle of a mob and pick their noses without them noticing. I didn't want to make phantom army invisible with group invisibility as it defeats the purpose of them taking initial aggro instead of me. 

I'm fairly certain Group Invis does not work on Phantom Army.  The PA cannot be touched by any buff, which is why debuffs on foes is so important with Illusion.

As a toggle, you don't need to worry about Superior Invis expiring just when you are in the middle of a crowd.  That's why it is Superior.

The combo of S.I. and Deceive makes Illusion the best for stealthing missions.  Since Deceive does not draw aggro, you can confuse all foes standing near the glowie, send out P.A. and then get the glowie with little danger of drawing aggro.

• Thanks 1

cool beans. I didn't know that. still a newb troller. 😃

I am aware of how awesome deceive is. 

On a slightly different note, I did try (for the first time) the concealment pool for my Beast/ MM. I use Grant Invisibility on my wolves and lions primarily for theme: they're supposed to be stealthy hunters that sneak up on their prey. I tried monitoring their def and while the description says that the def drops when the stealth does, I don't see it in combat attributes. I don't know how to test it further.

Another tangent with Group Invis or Grant invis with teams is something I read in another thread. Some people in teams don't like their costumes obscured by stealth powers. This is apart from what @BrandX pointed out about not using stealth to actually stealth. 

• 2 weeks later