Enhancement Sets for Kheldians

I left pre-shutdown in i8 or early i9 (I don't know exactly) so IOs and enhancement sets are new to me.

Are the kheldian archetype sets worth completing? (I'm on a peacebringer but they look fairly generic)? I got the Form Empowerment one from Kheldian's Grace and another for the +7% accuracy because they looked worth getting. Is it worth rounding out to five or six for it?

Essence Transfer looks a bit underwhelming. Are there any must-haves? I'll probably go for 3 Overwhelming Force so I can neuter the knockback on the radial nova blast eventually and get the small damage increase.

Lastly, because slots are more of a challenge on kheldians, where would you recommend putting them? At the moment, I'm thinking the nova and dwarf AoEs because they have to go *somewhere* and Overwhelming Force in the nova radial blast makes sense for the knockdown.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

What you'll want to do is use Enhancement Catalysts once you hit 50 to upgrade the sets. The set bonuses on the superior versions are very impressive and the actual enhancement value is also very good. Get both sets eventually.

Now as for where to put them, put them on anything that's worth being 6-slotted. There is an interesting choice you can make though with the essence transfer global heal proc. It seems that it's not a true global, but form based. So if you slot it in a nova power you get the chance to heal added to nova powers, slot it in dwarf and your dwarf attacks can roll it, etc. What's neat is that with i25 your first two human powers are usable, one or the other, in either human or dwarf, so you can take your pick of those and dump the proc in there, which will give the chance to heal to either human and nova or human and dwarf, depending on your choice. This comes at the cost of the 6-slot set bonus, so it's up to you. For reference, on a full build WS with ~1440 hp human and ~2350 hp dwarf, the heal is 54 in human and nearly 300 on dwarf. The percentage is supposed to be 6.5% and I have no idea why it's so high for dwarf, but as of today, those are the numbers.

Edit: Check further down the page for my updated comments.

What's neat is that with i25 your first two human powers are usable, one or the other, in either human or dwarf, so you can take your pick of those and dump the proc in there, which will give the chance to heal to either human and nova or human and dwarf, depending on your choice. This comes at the cost of the 6-slot set bonus, so it's up to you. For reference, on a full build WS with ~1440 hp human and ~2350 hp dwarf, the heal is 54 in human and nearly 300 on dwarf.

That's some really good info, and something I haven't seen elsewhere. +1 to you!

If I can give some general other advice about IOs since you are new to them, don't get locked into thinking you need the full set. It's all about getting the bonuses you want while still enhancing the powers adequately. The bonuses you want for both flavors of Kheld start with recharge, because both Khelds can make their t9 damage resist power permanent with enough recharge, unlike any other AT in the game. What this can mean in practice is that instead of doing the full Essence Transfer set in a power (though you might want to for the defense bonus), you may decide it's better to split the set and do 3 in one power and 3 in another, netting you a total of 20% +recharge. If you split them in a smart fashion too, you can adequately slot certain powers with just the 3 superior versions and nothing else, or maybe on other slot, which saves you more slots to put elsewhere and gain even more set bonuses.

Secondly, you may have seen it and you may not have, but there is a rule of 5, where if you have more than 5 of the exact same set bonus it won't actually apply to your build. What this means is if you have 6 different sets slotted that all give you +7.5% recharge, you will only get +37.5% recharge out of all of them (5x7.5). Special IO's that give bonuses just by themselves (like the Luck of the Gambler +7.5% recharge) follow this rule too, but only check against themselves. So you can actually get 5 sets with 7.5% and five Luck of the Gambler +rech's and end up with 10 x 7.5% recharge that all work. If you use Mids hero planner or Pines, you can click the view set bonuses button to check if you've gotten too many of a particular bonus.

And just a heads up for everyone reading this, don't put the global heal in the pets. I tried it to see if it might make the ws pets heal themselves, and it neither heals the pets nor you if slotted there. Bummer.

For reference, on a full build WS with ~1440 hp human and ~2350 hp dwarf, the heal is 54 in human and nearly 300 on dwarf. The percentage is supposed to be 6.5% and I have no idea why it's so high for dwarf, but as of today, those are the numbers.

This is all pretty excellent... and I was wondering  what the max HP was for dwarf. With essence boost, it can surely be even higher as I go from ~850 to ~2k at level 35 with dwarf and the +HP boost on peacebringer. Maybe the IOs in the crappy bolt attack is a good idea... hmm

Edit: must have been a bug. I was getting double-digit heals in dwarf form and triple-digit heals in human..

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Update for anyone reading through this thread, in the past day I've been watching the numbers and I'm now getting heals in Nova and Human despite having the proc slotted in the blast shared by human and dwarf. Dwarf is not triggering heals from any hits. The healing is also a consistent 54 in both forms.

Point being, disregard my above post as it appears that either I was mistaken, there was a change made in between when I first tested this and now, or it's bugged in some way that makes results unpredictable. In any case just stick with 6 slotting your essence transfer set and enjoy that sweet 5% melee defense.

The heal proc seems very buggy for me as well. Alas. It was clearly not working as intended.

On the plus side... light form seems to let you shapeshift now (as of i24?) - the power description text has been changed as well. This was absolutely news to me, and I can't see it in any patch notes.

It looks like Light Form is a good place to dump all your enhancement sets now, as it benefits from recharge and resistance and a few sets do that with some nice bonuses.

The heal proc seems very buggy for me as well. Alas. It was clearly not working as intended.

On the plus side... light form seems to let you shapeshift now (as of i24?) - the power description text has been changed as well. This was absolutely news to me, and I can't see it in any patch notes.

It looks like Light Form is a good place to dump all your enhancement sets now, as it benefits from recharge and resistance and a few sets do that with some nice bonuses.

That was in one of the patches before shutdown, like i21 or something when Arbiter Hawk took a pass through kheldians and fixed maaany long-time complaints. He also made form shifting effectively instant, which was a huge win. I think he became my favorite Dev during that process...

"dump the proc in there, which will give the chance to heal..."

I'm still a bit confused by procs and I can't find a description of how this one is supposed to work. Does the chance to proc only happen when you use the power it's slotted in? Uf so what is "global" about it? Or does it hits on a regular basis as if it was slotted in a passive ?

"dump the proc in there, which will give the chance to heal..."

I'm still a bit confused by procs and I can't find a description of how this one is supposed to work. Does the chance to proc only happen when you use the power it's slotted in? Uf so what is "global" about it? Or does it hits on a regular basis as if it was slotted in a passive ?

Continuing on with trying to solve this nonsense, I've done more testing just now. Shadow bolt, the shared human/dwarf blast, is where I have my """global""" heal chance proc slotted. It, and it alone, is healing me for in the neighborhood of 320 every few blasts. The combat tab confirms the source. I believe the small bursts of 54 are from something else I've now accounted for and have nothing to do with essence transfer. The description on essence transfer is an absolute lie. It is in no way global and applies only to the power you place the enhancement in.

• 2 months later

this proc is totally weird.. have mine slotted in gleaming bolt.. did not fire in any other power till i used bolt.. and it fired for 400 hp.. im lvl 50+ sitting at 1600 hp (2200 with essence boost.. also this was in atlas park on a lvl 2 minions. then i went in the mission and it only fired for 70hp .. and every once in awhile it fired with the eye power.. now if it fired in the eye power all the time for 400 hp i would be a happy alien.. but i dont think its actually working as intended. 

Has anyone figured any new news on this? I sent in a ticket waiting for devs reply.

IRON ASCENSION - ALL HUMAN PB

IRON-WIDOW - WIDOW

IRON BLADE - PSI/NINJA BLASTER

IRON RAIN - WATER/MA BLASTER

On 6/10/2019 at 9:15 AM, Treacheres The Dastard said:

Continuing on with trying to solve this nonsense, I've done more testing just now. Shadow bolt, the shared human/dwarf blast, is where I have my """global""" heal chance proc slotted. It, and it alone, is healing me for in the neighborhood of 320 every few blasts. The combat tab confirms the source. I believe the small bursts of 54 are from something else I've now accounted for and have nothing to do with essence transfer. The description on essence transfer is an absolute lie. It is in no way global and applies only to the power you place the enhancement in.

Panacea Proc in Health?

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

I can add some observations:

A couple days ago I put the Essence Transfer heal proc in Gravity Well, on a level 21 human-only warshade.  No other forms of healing, so its easy to keep track of when it fires.

Did a solo mission and it fired twice, for 20ish.  Did another and it fired 5 times.  Even accounting for RNG this felt really low.  Was worried it was the Fighting pool attacks, but the proc I found in the log was right after Cross Punch.

For reference, I also have a low 20ish Corruptor with the Scourging Blast heal proc, and it heals for the same amount.  But it's PBAoE, also gives some endurance, and fires a bunch more.  Essense Transfer is a bad deal if it isn't bugged.

Also: I'd noticed with the corruptor you get a bigger heal off of lower level targets.  Seems the same thing happens here.

• 2 weeks later

I did some manual Essence Transfer counting of the combat log, and added a topic to the bugs forum.  I encourage other folks to chime in.

TLDR: Doesn't fire for Gravity Well and Kick, and at lower-than-reported rate for Shadow Blast and Cross Punch.  Or the global rate is around 3% and Kick and Gravity got unlucky.

• Thanks 1