Hard Mode Content Participation Poll

Seed22

Hard Mode Content Participation  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the choices below best describes you? Feel free to elaborate moreso in the comments!

• I actively participate in Hard Mode content
    • I sometimes join Hard Mode content
    • I don't participate in Hard Mode content

2 minutes ago, Excraft said:

You don't need super pimped out builds for the higher level difficulty.

Sure, you can get carried on a 4-star HM TF/SF but where's the fun in that?

3 minutes ago, Excraft said:

And I don't think anyone suggested it isn't optional.

Perhaps not, but knowing some people they think stuff that doesn't cater directly to them is bad stuff.

4 minutes ago, Excraft said:

Making even more tedious content is never going to bring back anyone who got burned out for sure.

Nothing can, with a 100% guarantee, get people to come to CoH or come back to it.

Burn out is only really healed by time.

• Like 2

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

6 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

While true, I can confidently say that during the times I am online, I never see any hardmode TFs being advertised.  Not in LFG and in none of the teaming channels I belong to. 

Same here.

The only place I see them advertised is on Discord.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

4 minutes ago, Marbing said:

And, yes the rewards aren't worth the time investment. But, this suggests that if the rewards were worth the time investment more people would do it.

Can't speak for anyone else, but they can increase the rewards a hundred fold and I still wouldn't run it, nor would 99% of the people I run with.  Boring, tedious snoozefests of content aren't our thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Excraft said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but they can increase the rewards a hundred fold and I still wouldn't run it, nor would 99% of the people I run with.  Boring, tedious snoozefests of content aren't our thing. 

So it isn't about the rewards or the time investment, you just find it boring. Good, that was easy. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

2 minutes ago, Excraft said:

Dang then the rest of the content must put you into a coma.  

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

5 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Dang then the rest of the content must put you into a coma.  

Not really.  I like playing to feel super.  Turning every encounter into a boring, tedious slog where I need a healer to keep me alive against a couple of minions isn't my idea of fun.  When I was a kid reading comics, the superheroes I liked all mowed through low level bad guys like grass and had the occasional big boss fights against baddies like Thanos or Darkseid that needed a team.  If you like having your ass handed to you by a minion, more power to you.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Excraft said:

Turning every encounter into a boring, tedious slog where I need a healer to keep me alive against a couple of minions isn't my idea of fun. 

Ah there it is!  The bullies beat you up.  

Feeling "super" is knowing how capable these minions now are and being able to shrug them off without needing your healer.  Maybe if you got a bit better and built your character wiser you'd find it less boring dieing so much...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

4 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Huh?

Feeling "super" is knowing how capable these minions now are and being able to shrug them off without needing your healer.  Maybe if you got a bit better and built your character wiser you'd find it less boring dieing so much...

That's how you define super, not me.  And my builds are fine, thanks.  I never said I died a lot.  All I said is I don't enjoy tedious, boring slogs of encounters.  Nice try though. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

You must play in some sub-optimal teams if even the minions are giving you trouble.

Or you play some wacky builds. In which case: More power to you, but you did that to yourself.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

unknown.png

11 minutes ago, Excraft said:

where I need a healer to keep me alive against a couple of minions

Straight from the horses mouth.

Just now, Excraft said:

That's how you define super, not me.  And my builds are fine, thanks.  I never said I died a lot.  All I said is I don't enjoy tedious, boring slogs of encounters.  Nice try though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

8 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

So anyone who plays for different reasons and has different views on what is or is not "super" means they have a bad build and do not know how to play?  That seems insulting to me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Straight from the horses mouth.

You're misunderstanding what I meant, but I can see how what I wrote it can be confusing, so sorry for that.  No, I don't need a healer all the time. 

5 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

You must play in some sub-optimal teams if even the minions are giving you trouble.

Or you play some wacky builds. In which case: More power to you, but you did that to yourself.

Not at all what I said, but again I can see how you'd misunderstand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, ShardWarrior said:

So anyone who plays for different reasons and has different views on what is or is not "super" means they have a bad build and do not know how to play?  That seems insulting to me.

Some people quit things because its too hard.  Others power through and get better.  All of that is perfectly fine.  

But lets call a spade a spade.  Being down on content because its too hard for some and yet others can adapt is more reflective on the ones stuck in the mud.  

I'm glad there's other content @Excraft can enjoy where it doesn't feel so tedious getting hurt so much, I say bring me more minions!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

31 minutes ago, Excraft said:

Turning every encounter into a boring, tedious slog where I need a healer to keep me alive against a couple of minions isn't my idea of fun.

This is what you said. It came with the implication that you yourself need a healer against minions.

Be a little clearer and you won't get the sort of response you've gotten.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Mezmera said:

Some people quit things because its too hard.  Others power through and get better.  All of that is perfectly fine.  

But lets call a spade a spade.  Being down on content because its too hard for some and yet others can adapt is more reflective on the ones stuck in the mud.  

I'm glad there's other content @Excraft can enjoy where it doesn't feel so tedious getting hurt so much, I say bring me more minions!

I could very well be wrong, but I believe @Excraft is saying the content is not too hard, just tedious and therefore boring.  As I read it, he also has done a few runs on the ASF hard mode to get badges with those in his circle.  I have to agree, hard mode is not in any way "hard", just tedious and boring. 

Insulting people's build or ability to adapt is not helping the situation and just makes you look quite childish in my opinion. 

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

I could very well be wrong, but I believe @Excraft is saying the content is not too hard, just tedious and therefore boring.  As I read it, he also has done a few runs on the ASF hard mode to get badges with those in his circle.  I have to agree, hard mode is not in any way "hard", just tedious and boring. 

Insulting people's build or ability to adapt is not helping the situation and just makes you look quite childish in my opinion. 

He says it himself: 

30 minutes ago, Excraft said:

Some groups have learned to obliterate these groups of minions without bringing along any dedicated healers.  A better build would allow for someone to not have to spend time on the ground or watching their health bar and thus can do more pew pewing which in turn sounds much more fun.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

Anyways, back on track. I like the content. I hope they keep expanding it to more stuff. Would I like to see the rewards increased? Sure. But it was still much needed in my opinion. I understand it isn't everyone's cup of tea. There are different skill levels of players in this game and that is fine. There are also different opinions and viewpoints on what is/is not boring, that is also fine.

All this being said: Anyone wanna schedule a run through of ITF or ASF hard mode with me? We can get a solid team together and try a 3 or 4 star one night. I may be running another one here soon with my SG/Friends. 🙂 

Edited by Marbing
Bad grammar is bad
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

6 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

This is what you said. It came with the implication that you yourself need a healer against minions. Which tracks given your post and reaction record so far.

Not our fault you weren't clear that you're an Epic Gamer that Totally Doesn't Faceplant at the sight of that scary minion.

I know what I wrote and I've already acknowledged and apologized I wasn't clear.  I wasn't speaking literally, more figuratively.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Thank you.  Yes, I wasn't exactly clear and that's on me.  As I said above, I wasn't being literal. 

6 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

You've been here long enough, do you expect any less?  lol

• Thumbs Down 1

Marb out here being a true lad getting the thread back on track.

EDIT: Excraft, you hand out thumbs downs like a candy store.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

unknown.png

He says it himself: 

Some groups have learned to obliterate these groups of minions without bringing along any dedicated healers.  A better build would allow for someone to not have to spend time on the ground or watching their health bar and thus can do more pew pewing which in turn sounds much more fun.  

Well again, I think you are misunderstanding the post.  But whatever, you seem to be stuck on that and just want to insult people so good day to you. 

So I can see by subsequent posts that I was correct in my assumption.

Edited by ShardWarrior
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2