Top Debuffers

smnolimits41

8 hours ago, Doomrider said:

Acid Arrow, by the description alone, sounds really great.
Maybe if you had an entire team of TAs it would be more noticeable but even then, I'm not so sure.

Not so sure about Acid Arrow but recall doing an AE mission full of TA/Ice and Dark/Ice Defenders.  OMG couldn't see my own hands even while running Tactics and trying to run away to let the debuffs fall off was near impossible if you weren't very careful given the Ice blasting.  This was well before HC on Live.  Not sure Winter's Gift was available at the time much less all the other bonuses we can rack up now.

56 minutes ago, Voltak said:

I was doing Acid Arrow reducing the resistance of a foe by 40% to debuffs. 
Since AVs have no resistances to resistance debuffs, I am applying minus 40% to any resists to debuff they may have. 

That's it. 

You can do it any way you prefer. I'm just telling you how the game does it.

Only one way matters.

You can test this in about 5 mins on testserver if you don't have a TA already.

At this point I think you need to do this yourself as you are adamant about maintaining your stance despite the mechanics being explained and Doomrider giving you in-game results vs a +3AV

Take care

59 minutes ago, Voltak said:

I was doing Acid Arrow reducing the resistance of a foe by 40% to debuffs. 
Since AVs have no resistances to resistance debuffs, I am applying minus 40% to any resists to debuff they may have. 

That's it. 

Except, AV's do resist Acid Arrow's resistance debuff. They resist it a fair bit. Helps to use Power Analyzer to check the numbers.
See below vs even level AV.

1840861308_Screenshot(640).thumb.png.211be39c1502512b093812abc59bf2b1.png

Edited by Doomrider

10 hours ago, Doomrider said:

Ice Arrow applied took his recharge to -2.11.
w/ Acid Arrow applied it took him to -2.52.

You were on a controller right?

If so, perfect. Otherwise this isn't making sense.

A defender should have boosted the -rech to 

2.66%

2 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

You were on a controller right?

If so, perfect. Otherwise this isn't making sense.

A defender should have boosted the -rech to 

2.66%

Yeah I was an Ill/TA controller. Numbers were taken directly from the Combat Monitor.

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 1

In addition to a lot of the great comments on primaries, Rad Blast and Dual Pistols are also favorites of mine for Defenders. Sonic Blast is a pretty obvious one, but Dual Pistols also offers some resistance debuffing in Piercing Rounds as well as some negative defense (multiple powers). That's just using the default ammo. You can also use Chemical Ammo for damage debuffing, and Cryo Ammo for slows. Nice options there when paired with a flexible primary. 

Rad Blast is really just overkill on defense reduction, especially so on Defenders, but if you really, really, want to floor defense values it is a hoot. 

• Thumbs Up 1