"New" Ice control: slotting Cold Snap and Ice Slick

Randolk

Ice Slick, I'm slotting Ragnarok.  Not necessarily for the damage increase but instead for the set bonuses and the large amount of +Rech the set offers to a now buffed power.  

Cold Snap, I'm still not taking the power.  In my tests I didn't like it.  But I do see the possibility of maybe slotting some procs in it.  But I don't enjoy adding a Cone into a build that I prefer to play more in melee.  

All in all, Ice Slick's changes are the big win IMO.  I'm happiest with my Ice/Time, it got a small boost to damage and the ability to slot a meaningful set bonus into a must take power that offers some of the set's soft mitigation.  On the Dominator side, my Ice/Ice/Ice gets to drop Ice Slick+Sleet+Ice Storm on a group of Immobilized foes for absolute hilarity and Ice Slick contributes to the already massively raining numbers.

• Like 1

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

2 minutes ago, Randolk said:

I think Arctic Air is a...bigger win than Ice Slick. It now confuses foes like crazy.

Absolutely, I was just addressing Ice Slick and Cold Snap.  Arctic Air defines Ice Control and it just became a must take instead of a skip when you don't want to play in melee.  

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

16 hours ago, Dahle said:

Cold Snap, I'm still not taking the power.  In my tests I didn't like it.  But I do see the possibility of maybe slotting some procs in it.  But I don't enjoy adding a Cone into a build that I prefer to play more in melee.  

I did some low-level  radio missions yesterday with my Ice/Dark Controller together with an Emp/Rad Defender. So far I really like the changes to Cold Snap because it lets you get into melee range without getting hit and Arctic Air can start to work its magic.

I'm still not sure if I would take the power for an endgame build. If you solo a lot it's still a nice power. Especially when you combine it with Combat Teleport.

Which procs would be worth slotting in Cold Snap?

back in the days: Zukunft (EU) ... nowadays: Everlasting

I've always taken Cold Snap and Flash Freeze on my Ices, because they're an excellent 1-2 opener, then I pop into melee and start tackling the bosses.  The damage in ice slick kind of borks Flash Freeze, but the fear in Cold Snap and more effective Confuse in AA make up for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Per the patch notes, Ice Slick shouldn't deal damage to sleeping enemies:

• Ice Slick:
    • Now does damage.
    • Now accepts Accuracy and Damage enhancements.
    • Now accepts Ranged AoE and Universal Damage sets.
    • Damage will only apply to enemies that are not asleep.

Even damaging Interface procs shouldn't affect sleeping enemies now:

• Incarnate/Interface: Damage over Time effects should now only apply to enemies that are not asleep.

On 8/24/2022 at 11:07 AM, Dahle said:

Ice Slick, I'm slotting Ragnarok.  Not necessarily for the damage increase but instead for the set bonuses and the large amount of +Rech the set offers to a now buffed power.  

All in all, Ice Slick's changes are the big win IMO.  I'm happiest with my Ice/Time, it got a small boost to damage and the ability to slot a meaningful set bonus into a must take power that offers some of the set's soft mitigation.  On the Dominator side, my Ice/Ice/Ice gets to drop Ice Slick+Sleet+Ice Storm on a group of Immobilized foes for absolute hilarity and Ice Slick contributes to the already massively raining numbers.

I made an Ice/Time a while ago and I might have to finish the build because even though I did no damage I was extremely safe.