Did Page 4 change anything an SR cares about?

Generator

Hey,

So, NGL, With the recent update, a lot of things just got taken in at like, a "20 words or less" level.  Like, for Attack Typing Adjustments, all my brain took in was "Some attacks' typed defense it checks against changed."  But nothing should've changed that radically changes how an SR plays, right?

I had what felt like kind of an anomalous experience earlier today.  Since the new page dropped, I've been going down my roster and logging into folks that are flagged.  This morning, I went to my SR/Claws Tanker; she's about 48, and when she's rolling, all her positional defenses are up in the low 50s.  She ran a tip mission against Arachnos, not set especially difficult, +2/x4, and she ate floor like, 3 or 4 times.  I had all her pos Defs monitored, and they were all up, so it wasn't like I had a cascade failure on anything.  Just every so often, I'd start losing HP at an alarming rate.

Anyone got any bright ideas on someplace I might need to check/tighten up?

Thanks,

Generator

2 hours ago, Falsey said:

That's very odd. I havent experienced any changes when playing my SR toons in regular content. Unless I over aggro. But at +2/4 I assume that's not the case.

Yeah it didn't strike me as anything I'd have been over my head with.  I'll try to keep an eye on things, see if I notice any common situations.

21 hours ago, Generator said:

Hey,

So, NGL, With the recent update, a lot of things just got taken in at like, a "20 words or less" level.  Like, for Attack Typing Adjustments, all my brain took in was "Some attacks' typed defense it checks against changed."  But nothing should've changed that radically changes how an SR plays, right?

I had what felt like kind of an anomalous experience earlier today.  Since the new page dropped, I've been going down my roster and logging into folks that are flagged.  This morning, I went to my SR/Claws Tanker; she's about 48, and when she's rolling, all her positional defenses are up in the low 50s.  She ran a tip mission against Arachnos, not set especially difficult, +2/x4, and she ate floor like, 3 or 4 times.  I had all her pos Defs monitored, and they were all up, so it wasn't like I had a cascade failure on anything.  Just every so often, I'd start losing HP at an alarming rate.

Thanks,

Generator

SR should not have been affected - unless one of the tags that changed the enemy attack type from S/L to Toxic or Psi is also under the category that does not assign a position - which means it will bypass your positionals and check off whatever typed defense you have in that category.   I don't remember any of the attacks that were changed having this setup though, but it may be a question worth asking on the update thread.

On 8/27/2022 at 1:36 PM, Generator said:

Hey,

Thanks,

Generator

Here's the extensive explanation and commentary:

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

2 hours ago, Generator said:

@Infinitum now you've got me wondering.  Do the mobs that have predominantly Toxic/Psi attacks just use the type tags, or do they get positional too?  Could I have just not been accounting for things like Toxic Tarantulas and Fort Mistresses?

From how I understood and even tested - they did have positional tags also - and your defense response would tag against whatever was greater - ie if it tags toxic defense and ranged defense. - and you have 21 T defense and 45 ranged then ranged would be the fortress under attack in that case.

If you could, would you be willing to duplicate what was nagging you and read your combat log to see what attacks and how they attacked and report back?

2 hours ago, Infinitum said:

From how I understood and even tested - they did have positional tags also - and your defense response would tag against whatever was greater - ie if it tags toxic defense and ranged defense. - and you have 21 T defense and 45 ranged then ranged would be the fortress under attack in that case.

If you could, would you be willing to duplicate what was nagging you and read your combat log to see what attacks and how they attacked and report back?

Sure, it's a tip mission, I'll get it again before too long.

On 8/27/2022 at 11:36 AM, Generator said:

She ran a tip mission against Arachnos, not set especially difficult, +2/x4, and she ate floor like, 3 or 4 times.

I remember Arachnos being particularly hard for Super Reflexes, but I actually think they might have added positional tags to a number of psionic and toxic attacks in page four.

Took BZB tank (sr/claws) into a +4/x8 arachnos radio mission, saw nothing of note. Had to eat the occasional edit: wrong name, catch a breath, not respite, when conserve power was down but never needed rebirth regen as I never saw health go below 90%. Survivability was never in question. Can't think of any reason Arachnos would be different in a tip mission but maybe?

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

2 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

I remember Arachnos being particularly hard for Super Reflexes, but I actually think they might have added positional tags to a number of psionic and toxic attacks in page four.

They didn't.  But do Arachnos have any non-positional psi attacks anyway?   Mental Blast, Psionic Lance, Psychic Scream, and Subdue all have positional tags.  But I could be missing some.  Just browsing various Arachnos Widows and Fortunatas in CoD.

15 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

As I recall, there was something about Tarantula Queens and Lieutenents and Toxic Tarantulas, but I might be misremembering.

Arachnos did benefit the most from the attack types changes. Since, they have a lot of toxic attacks.

Still the attacks have a positional type, so not sure what's happening.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Major_Decoy said:

As I recall, there was something about Tarantula Queens and Lieutenents and Toxic Tarantulas, but I might be misremembering.

Ah, didn't check them.  They have a lot of psi attacks but again, all of them seem to have positional tags in CoD.  Mesmerize is a good example of a psi attack that is non-positional.  Council vampires have it, but I don't see it on any Arachnos.

I don't see anything in the patch that should have buffed Arachnos against anybody.  I'd expect just the aggro change could account for more damage soloing, but at x4 that shouldn't be an issue either as already noted.

• Thanks 1