Shardtober 2022 Incoming

wittylibrarian

Just a reminder to plan ahead for this year's Shardtober Event! Running the Shard realm task forces from levels 40 and up, starting in October and ending in DOOM (for Rularuu, one hopes)!

Please do plan to:

Get a flight power, temporary jet pack, anything like that to traverse the floating bastions

Get Team Teleport (TT), which speeds up the time jumping from one door mission to the next
Get Assemble The Team (ATT), which can help gather teams across a zone to any of the open map hunts

Get some cake! The cake is NOT a lie! (I'm being told that is a different game altogether, disregard)

Keep track of the Weekly Task Force calendar, which will tell you when we can run Dr. Q, Sara Moore, Justine Augustine, and Faathim TFs for double the merits and bonuses!

Keep an eye open for updates!

logo-png.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Been busy working as a librarian

Been busy writing stories and getting published!

Check me out at https://paulwstories.com/

I've forgotten what this was because I wasn't didn't participate last time.  Can someone summarize it for me please?  🙂

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

12 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I've forgotten what this was because I wasn't didn't participate last time.  Can someone summarize it for me please?  🙂

During October, the Shadow Shard TFs are WSTs. Great time to get a huge Reward Merit payout.

Hoping I can catch some of these. I had to miss out last year due to scheduling conflicts.

• Thanks 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

5 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

During October, the Shadow Shard TFs are WSTs. Great time to get a huge Reward Merit payout.

Hoping I can catch some of these. I had to miss out last year due to scheduling conflicts.

I am not sure I have that many years of my life left to me to run those TFs! 💀

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 8/28/2022 at 7:18 PM, Neuronia said:

WITTY I MADE A DOMINATOR FOR THIS AND A STALKER PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RUNTHEM WITH LEGENDS

(/woman screaming at dude meme)

GO AHEAD AND SCREAM! THE SHARD REALMS ARE MILES AWAY FROM WHERE ANYONE CAN HEAR US! BWHAHAHAHAHA.

As long as everyone understands that the Shard Task Forces - Dr. Q, Sara Moore, Justin Augustine, and Faathim the Kind - are faster now thanks to Team Teleports, Mission Teleports, Assemble the Team, Supergroup Base Teleports, and Ouroboros ports, we should find it easy to form Shard TFs every evening and weekends! Dr. Q in particular went from being an 8-hour slogfest (at best) all the way down to a speedy 1.5 hours! Shards are VERY DOABLE NOW, People!!!

On 8/29/2022 at 8:39 AM, Marshal_General said:

I am not sure I have that many years of my life left to me to run those TFs! 💀

Thanks to all the shortcuts now available, the Shard TFs are easily done within 2 hours. Just as long as you got the Veteran prestige powers, Ouro ports, and a temp flight pack if you don't have Flight slotted already.

On 8/29/2022 at 6:27 PM, TheZag said:

Mission teleporter followed by incan is a useful alternative for moving the team around as well.

There are many experts of the Shard Realm Task Forces, people. FOLLOW THEIR LEAD!!!