Targetable Trees

Rudra

Okay, I know this request is most likely not going to make it, but I gotta ask.

The Devouring Earth tree creatures like to pose as trees. Inside warehouses. Inside offices. Inside random caves and other environments no sane person would believe trees would be able to grow in. Yet, they cannot be targeted. Would it be possible to make them targetable? I mean, there is no way anyone would believe those three trees are just growing out of the floor like that.

My Stalkers are for it... It's always been a pain to click off Hide just to make the things targetable when a whole mob is made of nothing but the things.

I kind-of imagine it as my Stalker just stopping and looking at them all standing there in the middle of the cave...

In the way real trees absolutely do not...

And breaking their cover by saying, "You guys *AREN'T FOOLING ANYONE*!" as loudly as possible.  😝

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Okay, I know this request is most likely not going to make it, but I gotta ask.

The Devouring Earth tree creatures like to pose as trees. Inside warehouses. Inside offices. Inside random caves and other environments no sane person would believe trees would be able to grow in. Yet, they cannot be targeted. Would it be possible to make them targetable? I mean, there is no way anyone would believe those three trees are just growing out of the floor like that.

This may sound weird, but are they even enemy NPCs at that point?  I may be that they actually only exist as an object, which spawns in the actual enemy once you get close.  However, while we're on the subject, I'd like to be able to target Freakshow mid-rez...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, biostem said:

This may sound weird, but are they even enemy NPCs at that point?  I may be that they actually only exist as an object, which spawns in the actual enemy once you get close.  However, while we're on the subject, I'd like to be able to target Freakshow mid-rez...

...or to have something done about the way that, during invasion events, mobs spawning in are targetable even before they appear visually, but are not attackable for several seconds after appearing, often remaining in an unattackable state until they use their first attack, or despawning without ever becoming attackable.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, biostem said:

Unknown. I know there are no models that phase out when they go active though. And agreed on the Freakshow rezzes. To be stuck there just staring at the Freakshow as they get up because they can't be targeted sucks. Especially since they apparently already have the player targeted and so always get their attacks off first.

3 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

...or to have something done about the way that, during invasion events, mobs spawning in are targetable even before they appear visually, but are not attackable for several seconds after appearing, often remaining in an unattackable state until they use their first attack, or despawning without ever becoming attackable.

Agreed.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, biostem said:

When they're trees, they don't take damage but as soon as they start animating, they can take damage.

Rain of fire will start to do stuff though I think the first tick is ignored.

Freakshow rez,  PBAOEs can hit them before you can target.  Pets also get to shoot them before players.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lemming said:

When they're trees, they don't take damage but as soon as they start animating, they can take damage.

Rain of fire will start to do stuff though I think the first tick is ignored.

Freakshow rez,  PBAOEs can hit them before you can target.  Pets also get to shoot them before players.

Yep. Pets can target and attack them long before player characters can.... I've watched Kestrel's Adept and Amtes' demons tear into rezzing Freaks the second they start their stand-up animations.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

18 hours ago, biostem said:

I'm pretty sure they are, with that being a power that makes them untouchable.  I posted something else months ago about something similar - the fir bolg patrols in croatoa occasionally stopping, tree-ing up to hide, then continuing on the patrol.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.