Anyone have a Gravity Kinetics build? I'm just getting back into controllers :)

golstat2003

Anyone have a Gravity Kinetics build? I'm just getting back into controllers 🙂

I heard such good things about Gravity on controllers and was wondering if its as fun as Storm is. Already have one up to level 42, played ages ago, but would like a build from the experts if possible. lol

The one thing I do know is that Singularity is one of the best pets in the game.

• 3 months later

So far so average for me...level 6 & not loving it. No aoe, only one control power so far.

Which powers are skippable folks? I've gone down the path of Mighty Leap SJ (just for the theme + to try something a bit different from my usual Fly/TP).

I think Lift is a must have early on, I also took Transfusion & Siphon Power, which may have been a mistake, not sure. I'd prob take Stealth next to get me through the trash in most missions, but if anyone has a good Mids file for a cheap Grav/Kin build (not so much endgame) that would be great, cheers!

Edited by Nostromo21

Game over man, game over!

On 12/16/2022 at 9:45 PM, Nostromo21 said:

So far so average for me...level 6 & not loving it. No aoe, only one control power so far.

Which powers are skippable folks? I've gone down the path of Mighty Leap SJ (just for the theme + to try something a bit different from my usual Fly/TP).

I think Lift is a must have early on, I also took Transfusion & Siphon Power, which may have been a mistake, not sure. I'd prob take Stealth next to get me through the trash in most missions, but if anyone has a good Mids file for a cheap Grav/Kin build (not so much endgame) that would be great, cheers!

I don't have a build, but I played a Grav/Kin for many years on live. Both sets are late bloomers, so you're not going to get the true feel until you hit lvl 30. Gravity doesn't pick up any true AoE control until Wormhole. Dimension Shift is useful but not an every spawn control and GDF is on a long timer. The tradeoff is that Gravity has very good ST damage and Singularity is the best controller pet in the game. Transfusion is one of the best heals in the game. Siphon Power is fine early on, but becomes redundant once you get Fulcrum Shift, so you might want to respec out of it later. Repel, Increase Density and Inertial Reduction are skippable. I would consider picking up Teleport Target so that you can position Singularity, otherwise it tends to stay at range.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

10 hours ago, Uun said:

Repel, Increase Density and Inertial Reduction are skippable.

No real argument here but if you have more power picks than slots, the latter two make great mules. 

ID: Gladiator's Armor

IR: Zephyr or if you're feeling cheeky, Unbounded Leap Stealth. Clicking IR with SS on is a great speeding tool.

2 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

No real argument here but if you have more power picks than slots, the latter two make great mules. 

ID: Gladiator's Armor

IR: Zephyr or if you're feeling cheeky, Unbounded Leap Stealth. Clicking IR with SS on is a great speeding tool.

Agreed, I do both (I actually use IR as a travel power).

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Way of the Jedi !!!

I was actually thinking of making a Gravity/Forcefield character.  However, i have alot of characters.  First off, i would say that Repel is a big skipper, although as a wanabe jedi, it could be used as Force Push.  Although, your gonna have alot of hate sent your way, especially melee characters.  I skipped Crush and Gravitational Distortion.  Picked up Lift and Propel.  I also always pick up Transfusion, Siphon Power, Siphon Speed.  Depending on your game play, as a jedi, i would pick up Hasten, Super Speed and Super Jump.  I would take the AoE powers once they open up.  I wouldnt take Dimension Shift, it gets alot of hate from players.

6 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

I skipped Crush and Gravitational Distortion. 

Lots of people skip the ST immobilize, but skipping both the ST immobilize and ST hold is just gimping yourself. The ST hold is one of the primary tools of any controller (assuming you actually want to control foes) and controllers' inherent power is Containment, which causes all its powers to do double damage to targets that are immobilized, held, slept or stunned. By skipping both, the AoE immobilize is your only means of setting up containment that's not on a long recharge. Also, on Gravity, Lift and Propel are designed to do extra damage when the target is held by Gravity Distortion. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later

Grav/Kin is a great pairing! It was my first 50 on live and ruined me for all the other controller primaries because it has the most ST damage and does decent AoE.

It's a good idea to have dual builds, one for teaming and one for solo, because solo you can skip the Speed Boost and Increase Density in favor of self-defense pool powers.

This is my level 50 build. I think Increase Density is an incredibly useful power, especially on low-level TFs like Positron to keep your teammates from bouncing in the Ruin Mages' Earthquakes.

My goal in this build was soft-cap Ranged defense, then +Recharge.

Winning attack chain:

Crushing Field on a spawn - that sticks 'em in place where they are.

Target the nearest mob and pop Gravity Distortion to hold 'em - this critter is your "battery" for Transfusion and Transference.

Stand next to your battery, spamming Crushing Field (with containment now), and tab through the spawn tossing Siphon Speed/Power, Propel, Crush, Lift,  and renewing Gravity Distortion on your battery so it can't attack you while you stand next to it. All the attacks have a damage delay, either from DoT, or Lift & Propel's damage trigger at the end of the animation, so cycling enemies lets damage take effect before your next attack.

When you get Wormhole you can stun an entire spawn and put 'em a good distance from other spawns so you control how many you fight.

I disagree that Siphon Power is skippable - it's a stackable +40% team damage buff and a -26% foe damage debuff, and you can have it available from Posi on up, way before Fulcrum Shift.  You can easily get it stacked 3 times which really helps low-level teams with +120% damage!

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.6
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Cute Kinetic: Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Crush

• (A) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (3) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (3) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (5) Apocalypse - Recharge/Accuracy

Level 1: Transfusion

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (7) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing/Absorb
  • (9) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Endurance/Healing/Absorb
  • (9) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Panacea - Heal/Recharge
  • (11) Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 2: Lift

• (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (13) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (13) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (15) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (15) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (17) Superior Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge

Level 4: Gravity Distortion

• (A) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration
  • (19) Superior Will of the Controller - Control Duration/Recharge
  • (21) Superior Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge
  • (21) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • (23) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge
  • (23) Superior Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage

Level 6: Propel

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (7) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (25) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (25) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 8: Crushing Field

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (29) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (29) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (31) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (31) Superior Overpowering Presence - RechargeTime/Energy Font

Level 10: Stealth

• (A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (33) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (34) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 12: Siphon Speed

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 14: Fly

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (34) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • (36) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 16: Increase Density

• Hamidon Origin:Ribosome Exposure

Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field

• (A) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (36) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold
  • (36) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold/Recharge
  • (37) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (37) Unbreakable Constraint - Recharge/Accuracy

Level 20: Speed Boost

• (A) Endurance Modification IO
  • (37) Endurance Modification IO

Level 22: Hover

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (39) Defense Buff IO
  • (50) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 24: Siphon Power

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 26: Wormhole

• (A) Absolute Amazement - Stun
  • (39) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge
  • (40) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (40) Absolute Amazement - Recharge/Accuracy
  • (40) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Endurance

Level 28: Boxing

• (A) Empty

Level 30: Tough

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (39) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance
  • (42) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 32: Singularity

• (A) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (42) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Call to Arms - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 35: Transference

• (A) Preemptive Optimization - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (43) Preemptive Optimization - EndMod/Endurance
  • (43) Preemptive Optimization - EndMod/Recharge
  • (45) Preemptive Optimization - EndMod/Accuracy/Endurance