Dragging Macro Icon in Power Tray Causes Error Prompt

El D

So, I attempted to move an old macro around in my power tray ('powexec_location target Lightning Rod') by clicking and dragging it and got kicked out of my windowed client and given these prompts.

1329067120_Error1.png.be881866ba8ae009d5bcad38dd6dd086.png

997422977_Error2.png.834531b286b30a77c88a34b7491d8fb5.png

I couldn't return to the game until clicking through both of them. The macro was still effectively being dragged although it didn't show up with the cursor - it did show up when I moused over an empty slot and was put back in the tray. It also still worked as normal when clicked on.

image.png.4efb78f45effe644b31cd38b4a9b253d.png

Testing it outside of the mission I was doing gave me a third, different-yet-similar error prompt.

image.png.4d928506eedf5429ae3d8c7e3cedb05c.png

I made a new Lightning Rod macro, and it works just fine - no broken icons and is fully draggable throughout the power tray. Opting to drag another power icon overtop of the broken macro icon has them shift places normally, with no error prompts. Seems like the prompt is something specific to the power missing icon when it's directly interacted with.

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

Are you running any cursor or power icon mods? The errors look like an issue with the info in the DDS header of a texture. I saw a similar error a few years ago when I was tinkering with some cursor mods, but it was so long ago I don't recall the exact message. The errors I saw were constant though (whenever I moved the mouse) so that isn't consistent with the behavior you saw. Unless there is a specific cursor icon for when something is being dragged (cursor_hand_closed.texture maybe?) that has issues.

Does the error occur if you try to drag other power icons?

Nope - no icon or cursor mods. The only mod I've ever had installed is VidiotMaps. All my regular power icons move around just fine, as do the few other macros I've got on other characters (like the same 'location_target' macro for Shield Charge on my /Shield brute - though hers is set up to display the actual Shield Charge icon in the tray).

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update! I took a look at the Power_Missing icon in a hex editor (and compared it to another icon) but nothing jumped out at me, although I could easily have missed something. If I can remember tonight, I'll make a macro with that icon and see if I can replicate the issue.

EDIT: I made a macro on Brainstorm using the Power_Missing icon, but did not see any error messages when trying to drag the icon around. I tried this with my custom cursor mod installed and with it uninstalled, but wasn't able to replicate the errors.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
add test results
  • Thanks 1

That's interesting. Just hopped back on the same character and confirmed the broken macro is still giving me the error message. I also tried the same thing - making a new version of the same macro specifically with that Power-Missing icon - but it worked as-normal and was fully maneuverable around the tray with no errors.

I guess it could just be a fluke with my client, or perhaps with that character specifically. Which is fine, as that means the solution is just 'spend a few seconds to remake the macro.' >.>

Edited by El D