Having a problem in a fire farm

Diantane

When my brute spines/fire was 22 my fire resistance was capped and I entered the AE on a fire farm mission (solo) and stayed there until I was past 50. Now with a fire/fire sentinel with his fire resistance capped I entered the AE at 31 and can barely stay alive. My health drops quickly as i take a good bit of damage. What's the difference between the sentinel and brute in this case?  

12 minutes ago, Diantane said:

When my brute spines/fire was 22 my fire resistance was capped and I entered the AE on a fire farm mission (solo) and stayed there until I was past 50. Now with a fire/fire sentinel with his fire resistance capped I entered the AE at 31 and can barely stay alive. My health drops quickly as i take a good bit of damage. What's the difference between the sentinel and brute in this case?  

What is your fire defense? You must have 45% fire defense and 90% fire resists to survive in fire farms if you aggro multiple group under the page 4 changes.

There are discussions about this in general. 

Looked at the brutes. Their capped fire resistance says 90% while the sentinel's is only 75, but still capped. Does this make a difference?

None of the brutes have a 45% defense (only 2-3%), but they can stay on the farm all day

Edited by Diantane

6 minutes ago, Diantane said:

Looked at the brutes. Their capped fire resistance says 90% while the sentinel's is only 75, but still capped. Does this make a difference?

None of the brutes have a 45% defense (only 2-3%), but they can stay on the farm all day

Are you sure they don't have 45% fire defense?

Because even 90% res is not usually enough to withstand any fire farm at +4/8.

90% and 75% is a lot of difference. Sentinels are really not the best choice to farm with though, like most things, they will work. They just won't work very well. Much like eating jello with knitting needles.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Depends on how much you like jello.

And that's where the 'they will work'. When I was introduced to the simile in my youth I immediately started thinking of ways to make it work. Even though they were never put to practice I'm fairly certain I could eat jello with knitting needles. Just like farming with a Sentinel.

• Haha 1

The difference is resist caps, hap caps, regeneration rates, the recent changes in Fire Farms Difficulty and XP, and likely many other variables

If you want to farm with a squishy, you are really going to want to cap both fire defense (45) and fire resist (75).  Even then, depending on your ability to replace Lost HP, you may still need to set lower difficulty levels or rely on inspirations or temps.

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE.

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard*, ..., 801.5 Moderate**, ..., 801.6 Hard***, ..., 801.7 Four Star****, ... 801.F Death.

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.