Enhancements

Sirius.Games

Question

Why do purple and archtype enhancement sets have levels?

It's a driving question for the benefit of racing to 50 then exempting vs leveling and slotting as things come.

Suggestion:

Remove the level requirement for level adapting sets.

Question:

Why do some sets cap at a certain level

Set bonuses are usually inferior as is the capped bonuses.

Suggestion

Change the level cap for all enhancements

Or

Change set bonuses for underused sets

Possible benefits:

Remove a race to 50 carrot

Encourage build diversification

Smooth out the power spike of hitting 50 through the leveling process

Allows non 50s to have more comparable impact on their level of missions when teaming.

ATOs do not have levels. In fact, they're only available as attuned enhancements and you can slot them starting at level 10.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

ATOs do not have levels. In fact, they're only available as attuned enhancements and you can slot them starting at level 10.

Cool I'm glad my understanding was incorrect. I thought I had to be 50 to slot purple sets or the minimum level available for the enhancement to slot it. Thanks for the correction.

I'll purchase the attuned purple and archtype enhancements since my suggestion is actually already live.

17 minutes ago, Sirius.Games said:

Cool I'm glad my understanding was incorrect. I thought I had to be 50 to slot purple sets or the minimum level available for the enhancement to slot it. Thanks for the correction.

I'll purchase the attuned purple and archtype enhancements since my suggestion is actually already live.

You need to be 50 to slot purples. No reason to attune them ( or PVP sets) since they retain their set bonuses.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

17 minutes ago, Sirius.Games said:

You have to be 50 to slot purple enhancements.  And there's no point in getting attuned purples.

ATOs are auto-attuned and can be slotted at 10 or 7 or something.  However, you won't be able to slot superior ATOs until 50, though they still are technically attuned.

48 minutes ago, aethereal said:

You have to be 50 to slot purple enhancements.  And there's no point in getting attuned purples.

In fact, getting attuned purples jerks you over, because you can boost regular purples; boosting a set of purples to +5 won't get you much on the primary effect, which usually hits the ED barrier pretty hard, but generally at least two of the secondary increases will benefit significantly.

3 hours ago, Sirius.Games said:

Why do purple and archtype enhancement sets have levels?

Level 50 is when the toughest challenges are presented, so that's when the most powerful enhancement sets are offered.

Remove the level requirement for level adapting sets.

Minimum level requirements allow those sets to be made better than other sets in various ways.  Those Superior ATOs are Superior because they require you to be level 50 to slot them.  Same with the purples, they're stronger than orange sets specifically because they require you to be level 50 to slot them.  That's how they're balanced against other sets.

Change the level cap for all enhancements

Again, balance.  Some sets are more powerful than others in the same tier and category, but are restricted to a specified maximum level.

Think of it like this: every set has a budget, and a variety of ways it can spend that budget.  The set can go to max level, but have lesser set bonuses or attributes; or it can go to a lower level and have stronger set bonuses or attributes.  Every set is designed this way.  There are always balance points and trade-offs, and that's necessary to ensure that all sets are roughly comparable from a development perspective.  The budget creates a standardized system and gives that system a measure of predictability and reliability so players always have a fair idea of what they should be getting out of a set.  They may not look comparable from where the player sits, but the budget ensures that you don't have wildly overpowered uncommon sets or laughably underpowered very rare (purple) sets.

Change set bonuses for underused sets

Specify which sets you feel are in need of attention, what bonuses you believe warrant improvement, and why.  "Change the bonuses" is no more helpful for development than "Add bananas".  Be aware, though, that simply asking for all set bonuses to include, say, global +Recharge, or +Defense (All), will fall flat because that's basically requesting that all set budgets be ignored and the entire game rebuilt around unbalanced IO usage.

You should note, though, that every set you consider to be underwhelming is a set someone else considers to be perfect, and campaigning for changes to sets is guaranteed to generate controversy.  The bonuses you value aren't necessarily the bonuses others value.  But that's why we have so many sets with so many variations in bonuses, so everyone can find something they do value without forcing others to accept their valuation as gospel.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Yeah!  Don't make the mistake I did early in the game.  Wanted to use those PvP IOs early in the build, so attuned them.  Can't +5 them after that.  😞

Luckily, for those I just converted into the PvP IO Procs, as those couldn't be +5 anyways, so IOs saved!

Also, when you do want to use them, getting those procs set at level 10 (able to be slotted at level 7 I believe) are just as good as them being at level 50. 🙂

34 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Yeah!  Don't make the mistake I did early in the game.  Wanted to use those PvP IOs early in the build, so attuned them.  Can't +5 them after that.  😞

Luckily, for those I just converted into the PvP IO Procs, as those couldn't be +5 anyways, so IOs saved!

You can always use a respec to take them out at 50 and launder them through the market for non-attuned versions, if you really want to boost them.  You only lose the market fee -- or not, if you set your bids and sale prices right.

(Personally, though, I find that the benefits of boosting don't make up for the loss of being able to slot the sets ASAP, and then I'm too lazy to change them at 50 :-)

Edited by Grouchybeast

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

You can always use a respec to take them out at 50 and launder them through the market for non-attuned versions, if you really want to boost them.  You only lose the market fee -- or not, if you set your bids and sale prices right.

(Personally, though, I find that the benefits of boosting don't make up for the loss of being able to slot the sets ASAP, and then I'm too lazy to change them at 50 :-)

I admit, that is a really nice perk 🙂

However, the benefits of the ability to boost them usually comes from being able to boost them enough to get them to just the right recharge or just a bit more end reduction.