Akai's Proc Calulator

http://proc-calc.weebly.com/

The goal of this calculator is to make the math of procs highly accessible. In an effort to reduce the need for "updating" powers, I have left the fields and rates open to experiment with the math. What is best for your build is for you to decide, this just helps inform you.

Special credit goes to @Bopper and his excellent guides and detailed breakdown of how the live game functions. Please let me know if there are any errors or change requests in this thread.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Edited by Nexros
  • Like 1

There are some bugs and misinformation (the tick rate in toggles don't matter). If you'd like to cross reference your formulas with my own, you can use my tool here: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

49 minutes ago, Bopper said:

There are some bugs and misinformation (the tick rate in toggles don't matter). If you'd like to cross reference your formulas with my own, you can use my tool here: 

This is excellent!! Thank you! I wasn't aware that ticks didn't matter. 

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I don't see anything concerning how to interpret the percentage for fast ticking powers. Are these abilities being calculated different, or are the "ticks" being remapped to appear as "hit per second"? These are guesses, I really have no idea and no access to the code.

1 hour ago, Nexros said:

I don't see anything concerning how to interpret the percentage for fast ticking powers. Are these abilities being calculated different, or are the "ticks" being remapped to appear as "hit per second"? These are guesses, I really have no idea and no access to the code.

Toggles will only proc once every 10s, and that 10s will be used by the formula.

Chance = PPM x 10s / 60s / (1 + 0.15 x 0.75 x Radius)

• Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

I take it that crazy background art's some AI nightmare that resulted when you plugged in "proc rate"?  😃

• Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I take it that crazy background art's some AI nightmare that resulted when you plugged in "proc rate"?  😃

pretty much, yup. Just wanted something other than black. Swap it to solid color?

6 hours ago, Bopper said:

Toggles will only proc once every 10s, and that 10s will be used by the formula.

Chance = PPM x 10s / 60s / (1 + 0.15 x 0.75 x Radius)

Hmm, that can't be right and it isn't factoring in activation time. 

chance per 10s = PPM * ((Activate Period) / (60 * Area Factor)), where the Area Factor has the .15*.75*Radius included. Is my math wrong?

Am I misunderstanding "Activate Period" to mean the time required to activate the power, when in fact it's some arbitrary number which is 10?

If this is the case, what is the correct interpretation of the chance? Chance per activation (like clicks)? Chance per second? I was reading it as chance per 10s.

Source:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Procs_Per_Minute (I would not be surprised if this is wrong!! Just where I fact check myself a lot)

Edited by Nexros

2 minutes ago, Nexros said:

Hmm, that can't be right and it isn't factoring in activation time. 

chance per 10s = PPM * ((Activate Period) / (60 * Area Factor)), where the Area Factor has the .15*.75*Radius included. Is my math wrong?

Source:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Procs_Per_Minute (I would not be surprised if this is wrong!! Just where I fact check myself a lot)

Your source is from i23. In i24 (which was in beta at the time of shutdown), they changed the formula. I speak to it here, and I link to my sources in this guide: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Your source is from i23. In i24 (which was in beta at the time of shutdown), they changed the formula. I speak to it here, and I link to my sources in this guide: 

Thanks so much for you patience with me! I've read through that many times, but I still can't find how chance is applied in toggles. I understand very well how chance is being calculated, but how often does this chance roll, so-to-speak? I don't see that anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Nexros said:

Thanks so much for you patience with me! I've read through that many times, but I still can't find how chance is applied in toggles. I understand very well how chance is being calculated, but how often does this chance roll, so-to-speak? I don't see that anywhere.

I first show it in the breakdown of formulas. Take a look at the notes in yellow.

image.thumb.png.c05c80bfad887bebc6aaf7b8cf8b5570.png

Also read the Activation Period section in the link. I mention the 10s again.

3 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Also read the Activation Period section in the link. I mention the 10s again.

Gotcha, so it is BOTH calculated and applied at 10s. Sorry to pester so much, but if this is the case the math turns out the same no matter what you place in "activate time" as long as you consider the application interval to be the same as activate time. This significantly simplifies things -- thanks.

Here's my logic on the site thanks to your excellent feedback: 

function AreaFactor(){
	areaFactor = 1 + (0.15 * radius.valueAsNumber ) - (0.011 * radius.valueAsNumber * (360 - arc.valueAsNumber) / 30);
	return (.25 + (.75 * areaFactor));
}

function calculate(){
	document.getElementById("probMin").innerHTML = parseFloat(0.05 + 0.015 * ppm.valueAsNumber).toFixed(2);
	if(type.value === "click"){
		rechTime.disabled = false;
		actTime.disabled = false;
		radius.disabled = false;
		arc.disabled = false;
		result.innerHTML = parseFloat(ppm.valueAsNumber * ((rechTime.valueAsNumber + actTime.valueAsNumber) / (60 * AreaFactor())) * 100).toFixed(2) + "%";
	}
	else {
		rechTime.disabled = true;
		rechTime.value = "";
		actTime.disabled = true;
		actTime.value = "10";
		if (type.value === "auto"){
			radius.disabled = true;
			radius.value = "0";
			arc.disabled = true;
			arc.value = "0";
		}
		else{
			radius.disabled = false;
			arc.disabled = false;
		}
		result.innerHTML = parseFloat(ppm.valueAsNumber * (actTime.valueAsNumber / (60 * AreaFactor())) * 100).toFixed(2) + "%";
	}
}

Be careful with what you're doing with arc. If a power is a sphere attack (not a cone), the arc is treated as 360 for the formulas. This would simplify your Area Factor calculation to 1 + 0.15 x Radius (before applying the .75 dampening factor)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nexros said:

pretty much, yup. Just wanted something other than black. Swap it to solid color?

Nah, I like it's nightmarish qualities. It's seasonal!

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

43 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Be careful with what you're doing with arc. If a power is a sphere attack (not a cone), the arc is treated as 360 for the formulas. This would simplify your Area Factor calculation to 1 + 0.15 x Radius (before applying the .75 dampening factor)

areaFactor = 1 + (0.15 * radius.valueAsNumber ) - (0.011 * radius.valueAsNumber * (360 - arc.valueAsNumber) / 30);

360 would collapse that to:

areaFactor = 1 + (0.15 * radius.valueAsNumber );

Edited by Nexros