Summer's Over - A Halloween Fire Farm (page 5 version)

Troo

Having been told this is what the players want.. NO FIRE SWORDS!!

Summer's Over - A Halloween Fire Farm (page  4 5)

Arc ID: 52116

addtext_com_MTMyNzQzMjMwMg.jpg.442ee82200927f934e22a2227c94a1af.jpg

Something bad has happened in a tunnel north of the city and Jackalynn is too blame.

Something about offspring disappearing, getting scooped out, carved up and burned from the inside.

Luckily she only does fire damage and is a lottery ticket for experience.

feedback.. welcome?

Edited by Troo
  • Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Tried to beat the Trick or Treat event.. oh well.

Any feedback?

It should be a Maximum Experience with a little fun and a bit of a change up.

I'd like to get it dialed in before the next round of AE nerfs (aw Troo why you foreshadow so hard).

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Well people do tend to post "I mad ea new AE thingy" over in the Mission Architect section, sure.  Probably most people just didn't have anythign to say?

I like the costume shown, but I'm a sucker of the Jack-o-lantern head.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Troo said:

@Darmian did I put this in the wrong place or are crickets par for the course?

Cross post to Mission Architect 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Bottom line: Satisfying alternative that effectively addresses the new AE changes. Nice work.

My build's stats (screenshot taken mid-fight):

image.png.7cd356bb89a26e3381426a79a01a74cd.png

Pros:

• Big fan of Colonel Smith. Reminds me of how a real O6 would talk if put in to a similar situation ("The Colonel looks worried")
  • Love how fast the bosses go down at Level 54/8. Real wet paper bags!
  • Enemy names and costumes are fun
  • Multi-mission farms are super convenient over one-and-dones
  • Patrolling enemies in the second mission were a nice addition

Cons:

• Not a fan of the tunnel map. I prefer the asteroid map - though that isn't really a critique on this AE farm. 

Question - do Rise of the Phoenix enemies (who come back from defeat) drop xp/inf a second time?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Question - do Rise of the Phoenix enemies (who come back from defeat) drop xp/inf a second time?

They do not.

Should just be some of the minions so it doesn't slow anything but still gets a double take when it happens.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Troo said:

They do not.

Should just be some of the minions so it doesn't slow anything but still gets a double take when it happens.

Does that power help get to the 100% xp rate?

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

Does that power help get to the 100% xp rate?

Not substantially.

BUT it is a point or two (I think). When the creator slider says 100% it isn't always quite 100% in-game.

A lot of create > test > change > test > change > test > publish > retest > switch character > retest

At only two missions, it's a little shorter than usual, but still good fun. 

I also liked the patrols in mission 2. They're great for the zen thing and *unlike* patrols on the Atta cave map, there's really no way they can end up patrolling their way behind you.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

23 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

At only two missions, it's a little shorter than usual, but still good fun. 

With the changes coming I wanted to keep it a pretty short bang for the buck.

Thanks for checking it out.

• Troo changed the title to Summer's Over - A Halloween Fire Farm (page 5 version)

Adjusted for Page 5.

Will be looking at a new longer option in a new arc.