Focused Feedback: Sentinel Stone Armor

• Developer

Sentinel Proliferation: Stone Armor

• New secondary for Sentinels. This version of the set does not get access to Mud Pots. Instead, it has a new power called Terra Firma.

You can transform your skin into various forms of rock and stone. Stone Armor is one of the few Sentinel Defensive Power Sets that offers defense to Psionics.

Powers:

• stonearmor_stonearmor.png.51130b790bb1bf4dda116969a5296320.png  Rock Armor  Toggle: Self +DEF(Lethal, Smashing), Res(DeBuff DEF)
    • Your skin becomes stone while this power is active. Stone Armor protects you from Smashing and Lethal attacks. They are less likely to land and affect you. Stone Armor also grants you resistance to Defense DeBuffs.

• stonearmor_stoneskin.png.ba7ab58400b9efe6deac61679ec22631.png  Stone Skin  Auto: Self +Res(All but Psionics), +DEF(All but Psionics)
    • Your tough skin is naturally resistant to most types of damage. This power is always on and costs no Endurance.
  • stonearmor_earthsembrace.png.49c08f4adf9f1eb0374b7d6b2cb2811f.png  Earth's Embrace  Self +HP, Res(Toxic)
    • You are so connected to the Earth, you can draw upon its power to add to your health. Activating this power increases your maximum Hit Points, and grants you resistance to Toxic Damage.
  • image.png.b8dd9e2a0a21beaf18bf477b36d68740.png  Terra Firma  Auto: Self + To Hit, +ACC, +Range, Res(ToHit)
    • Being on solid ground allows you to more carefully aim your attack for optimal range. This power increases your chance to hit, accuracy, and range of your attacks and makes you more resistant to To-Hit debuffs, but only applies when you are near the ground.

• StoneArmor_Rooted.png.30421bf6a4f701b33f03e6a6be34d32f.png  Rooted  Toggle: Self +Res(Knockback, Sleep, Disorient, Hold, End Drain, DeBuff DEF), +Regeneration
    • While this power is active, you merge with the Earth and draw forth its power to become resistant to Knockback, Sleep, Hold, Disorient and Endurance Drain effects, and increase your Hit Point Regeneration rate. Rooted also grants you resistance to Defense DeBuffs.

• stonearmor_crystalarmor.png.42f9339ab888174a533f157e75b9dc17.png  Crystal Armor  Toggle: Self +Recovery, +DEF(Energy, Negative), Res(DeBuff DEF)
    • While this power is active, your skin becomes encrusted in various quartz crystals. Crystal Armor makes Energy and Negative Energy attacks less likely to hit. This power also grants you an Endurance recovery buff and resistance to Defense DeBuffs.

• Crystal Armor also adds an Elusivity defense bonus to Energy and Negative Energy Attacks in PVP zones.

• stonearmor_mineralcrust.png.0baec0d6c8abf91f319ebb83acfe4eb9.png  Minerals  Toggle: Self +Recharge, +DEF(Psionic), Res(Confuse), +Perception
    • Activating this power summons several rare earth rock Minerals to orbit around you. These Minerals can disperse thought patterns and make Psionic attacks less likely to hit. They also bring clarity of the mind increasing the recharge time of your powers, increasing your perception, and making you resistant to Confusion. 
  • stonearmor_magmaarmor.png.e79b1e65e7d4c3638b0ed183fd6b000f.png  Brimstone Armor  Toggle: Self +Res(Fire, Cold, Toxic), +Special
    • While this power is active, your skin becomes encrusted in cracked magma. Brimstone Armor makes you highly resistant to Fire, Cold and Toxic damage, and helps your attacks set enemies on fire, delivering damage over time.
    • Notes on the damage over time from Brimstone Proc:
      • The DoT damage uses AT modifiers: Ranged_Damage for attacks with base ranges > 20 ft and Melee_Damage otherwise.
      • The DoT damage is scaled based on the attack's cast time (scales between 0 and 3 seconds). This mostly ensures a constant DPS increase despite the speed of one's attacks.
  • StoneArmor_Geode.png.3a685418bd5cc23cb7d48527253b6c91.png  Geode  Toggle: Self +Regeneration, +Recovery, Invulnerable; Self Hold
    • When you activate this power, you encase yourself in various protective mineral layers that can absorb incoming damage while you heal and recover endurance at an incredible rate. You can emerge at will by deactivating the power, but you cannot stay in this Geode for more than 30 seconds. If enemies inflict enough damage, they might break you out of this effect.

• If Brimstone Armor is owned, this power will also grant Geothermal Power every 2 seconds, increasing the damage inflicted by Brimstone's Fire by 8% per stack. 

• Note: The Geothermal Powers should last for 60s and can stack up to 15 times. This gives the Brimstone Proc damage a 2.2x boost at max strength.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, the power description of Terra Firma refers to itself as Mud Pots.

• Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Combat attribute window seems to show all of Terra Firma's buffs applying while flying.  Combat log doesn't report any changes when flying versus on the ground either.  Not sure if that's the case with other conditional autos as I am not familiar but wanted to point it out.

Beyond that, first impression: very sturdy as expected.  Seems comparable to the Scrapper and Stalker version.  Like the Stalker version, Sent Stone Armor is a lot more endurance friendly without Mud Pots.  I am certainly not complaining.    

Edited by electric_emu
grammar

• Developer
1 minute ago, electric_emu said:

Combat attribute window seems to show all of Terra Firma's buffs applying while flying.  Combat log doesn't report any changes when flying versus on the ground either.  Not sure if that's the case with other conditional autos as I am not familiar but wanted to point it out.

I'll double check but its possible for "ground only" effects to apply while flying if near the ground.

• Thumbs Up 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

1 hour ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

I'll double check but its possible for "ground only" effects to apply while flying if near the ground.

For what it's worth, I moved around a bit to see if anything changed further from the ground.  I was able to fight mobs at max range (from above) with the buffs still showing.  And flying to the top of the map (out of combat) didn't change anything either.

• City Council
12 minutes ago, electric_emu said:

For what it's worth, I moved around a bit to see if anything changed further from the ground.  I was able to fight mobs at max range (from above) with the buffs still showing.  And flying to the top of the map (out of combat) didn't change anything either.

When monitoring take a look at the totals. Although you'll always see the Terra Firma stats in green, you should see those contributions disappear from the totals (in white) when you're not near the ground.

• GM Impervium changed the title to Focused Feedback: Sentinel Stone Armor
24 minutes ago, Booper said:

When monitoring take a look at the totals. Although you'll always see the Terra Firma stats in green, you should see those contributions disappear from the totals (in white) when you're not near the ground.

Ah okay I see what you mean.  My mistake, it seems to be working properly.

• City Council
2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Also, the power description of Terra Firma refers to itself as Mud Pots.

That was a patch note bug...more specifically, a copy/paste mistake when generating the patch notes. The correct description has been updated in the patch notes.

image.png.45aae2c2ac3017ed076cb5f9b10e00bf.png

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Booper pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later

Not really a numbers feedback, but of a general feedback.  The stone armor set has so many goodies that when making some my normal test toons and pushing them to 35 (where I spend most of my time) makes for some extremely tight builds.  This is true of almost all stone armor capable AT's.  Almost all of stone armors powers are worth taking (and slotting) that any time I've made one it almost always results in some really tough choices.

Not a criticism, but just an observation of someone who makes a LOT of alts.  I realize this isn't an issue at 50, but 2/3's of the way there (where things tend to really slow down) builds are frustratingly tight.

• Like 1

• Widower unpinned and locked this topic