Them.

Luminara

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

I don't need to do any soul-searching.  My conscience is clean.  I'm not the one behaving like a spoiled adolescent, and I have no qualms about emphasizing the absurdity of that behavior.

You're as bad as anyone else in this regard. Worse maybe because you start this thread mocking some ill defined group of other players in a very self-righteous fashion. 

You're pouring gas on the fire and if it's for your own amusement you shouldn't be lecturing other people on community.

I don't think people just straight up lose their shit and attack the developers and mods of this game out of the blue. I think people get angry over changes that happen and come to the forums to vent. Maybe they aren't being reasonable, or maybe they're not particularly eloquent in framing their grievances. Well, if they get mocked or told they are entitled or something then they become resentful. Maybe some of them have legitimate reasons to be resentful. When this sentiment progresses, this probably leads to thoughts of favoritism, cool kids, and so on. At the same time, the people defending the devs or what they see as the community mock these claims of conspiracies. Until some disgruntled player who is salty over some perceived grievance is lumped in with a supposed group that sees everything the HC staff does as an attack on them (according to someone). 

The vague nature of bullshit threads like this are manure for discontent. it's not a celebration of community by any means.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

35 minutes ago, battlewraith said:

You're as bad as anyone else in this regard. Worse maybe because you start this thread mocking some ill defined group of other players in a very self-righteous fashion. 

You're pouring gas on the fire and if it's for your own amusement you shouldn't be lecturing other people on community.

I don't think people just straight up lose their shit and attack the developers and mods of this game out of the blue. I think people get angry over changes that happen and come to the forums to vent. Maybe they aren't being reasonable, or maybe they're not particularly eloquent in framing their grievances. Well, if they get mocked or told they are entitled or something then they become resentful. Maybe some of them have legitimate reasons to be resentful. When this sentiment progresses, this probably leads to thoughts of favoritism, cool kids, and so on. At the same time, the people defending the devs or what they see as the community mock these claims of conspiracies. Until some disgruntled player who is salty over some perceived grievance is lumped in with a supposed group that sees everything the HC staff does as an attack on them (according to someone). 

The vague nature of bullshit threads like this are manure for discontent. it's not a celebration of community by any means.

Wow. The point of this thread didn't just go right over your head, it was in a totally different galaxy. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Or I'm pollyannaish in thinking you'd understand the purpose of this thread. 

Whatever your mental state, if you have some point to make, do it. The purpose of the thread--who the fuck knows, ask her.

The point? Satire of recent forum posts. If there was any doubt, it's made explicit in the follow up rant. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Luminara said:

It's nonsense.  Irrational nonsense coming from people who believe they deserve special dispensation.  That they should be granted exemptions from changes to the game, and if they can't get that, the game should never change.  That the game should never change at all, except the parts they want to be changed.  That this game should be run, that development should proceed, that everything done should be in accord with their desires.  That is what's causing problems within the community.  That overwhelming attitude of entitlement.  The freak-outs when a change to the game as a whole is regarded as a specifically targeted change to torment or ostracize them…

…and then disappear without so much as a faintly muttered apology for over-reacting, until the next patch, when they come storming out to start lambasting everyone again, in an endless cycle of arrogance and abuse.

my quoting for truth perhaps doesn’t add much value to the overall conversation, but damn, this is absolutely spot on

i also find the use of the word “dev cheerleader” as an insult very strange. it’s amazing that the game is back. some of the changes had a negative impact on my main - (a /sonic def), however it’s not my server, i am a guest in someones house and that’s how it goes

i find i restrict more and more of my conversations on recent changes to PMs to avoid the usual wave of grumpiness and downvotes from

the rather sensitive anti-change crowd. this is a shame as it seems to be a minority of less than 10 posters 

i do think the time has come to remove them from the game and forums, it is giving a bad image to the community which is and has always been, 99% friendly, funny and welcoming 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 6

1 hour ago, MoonSheep said:

i do think the time has come to remove them from the game and forums, it is giving a bad image to the community which is and has always been, 99% friendly, funny and welcoming 

Okay Praetor Moonsheep, I’ll drink the Enriche and respect the Seer Network 😏😏😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well at least it's consistent! I'm pretty sure every post I've made in the last month has maintained the same reactions from the same "clan" of trolls. Without naming names, folks can probably guess who I'm referring to. They clearly relish in adding absolutely nothing to the discussion of a given thread besides their own disdain for anything that is done by the development team or said contrary to their troll-like behavior. But it's the internet so there's gonna be things like that, not much can be done!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 hours ago, battlewraith said:

FloweryQueasyEider-size_restricted.gif.def1dc26a1c1e55f7ccb766640752090.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.