Savage melee??

WitchofDread

5 hours ago, Sebastian said:

It’s bad on scrapper. It’s 100% a brute set. Savage/dark brute slaps. Try the new axe tho!

The set is very DOT heavy so it does "best" on a brute. If you want frontloaded damage you're gonna look more at a tanker or a scrapper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SomeGuy said:

The set is very DOT heavy so it does "best" on a brute. If you want frontloaded damage you're gonna look more at a tanker or a scrapper.

My most played Brute is a Sav/Bio. The synergy is really great, with Sav and Bio's DOTS being pumped up by Fury. Just a ton of orange numbers floating around, which is very satisfying 😂

7 hours ago, Sebastian said:

It’s bad on scrapper. It’s 100% a brute set. Savage/dark brute slaps. Try the new axe tho!

I am currently levelling a Savage/Dark Scrapper.  If you know how to actually use the crit mechanic in Scrapper, it is INCREDIBLE.  If you don't know how to use it, it's only awesome.

I have had several savage melee toons, including the Savage/Dark on a brute (my first toon on Homecoming).  They are good.  My fire farmer is a Savage/Fire brute.  It isn't bad on a tanker (bigger AoE).  I will be trying it on a stalker one day.  You just have to know how to use it.  Savage has SEVERAL mechanics going on that require player adjustment to optimize.  It isn't as cut and dry as stacks of blood frenzy, especially when savage leap is involved.  Savage Leap has it's own mechanic going.  It does more damage depending on the distance from which you start the attack.  At close range, it isn't that strong.  At it's max range, it's insanely powerful.  I always add 2 +5 range IOs to it for more damage.

Server:  Everlasting

Notable Toons:  Nux Aukairo (Savage Melee/Dark Armor Brute), Boanerges Aukairo (Electric Melee/Shield Defense Brute) Lux Aukairo (Beam Rifle/Radiation Emission Corruptor), EVENT HORlZON (Fire/Gravity Dominator), CharcoaI (Savage Melee/Fiery Aura Brute), lsotope (Radiation Melee/Dark Armor Brute), CLERlC (Dual Pistols/Time Corruptor), RoidRage (Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank), BasiIisk (Psi/Dark Stalker), Meissner Effect (Electric/Energy Tanker), Burn Card (Dual Pistols/Fiery Aura Sentinel), Nux (Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper), Mecha Nux (Radiation Armor/Energy Melee Tanker), AE0NAUT (Beam Rifle/Temporal Manipulation Blaster)

23 minutes ago, Krimson said:

My Savage Brute can farm... About as well as a Scrapper. My shiny new Bio/Savage Tanker? I don't even have Interface and Hybrid and it's out pacing everything. 

If you are on Excelsior later, I will happily show you what a Tanker can do. 

What is your brute's secondary?

1 hour ago, cfarevival said:

At it's max range, it's insanely powerful.  I always add 2 +5 range IOs to it for more damage.

Sadly, doesn't work.  The extra damage on Savage Leap is capped.  The deal is, you get no extra damage at range 0 through 25', then more damage for more distance between 25' and 40', and then after 40', you no longer get any more extra damage (ie, 60' away is the same as 40' away in terms of extra damage).

EDIT:  Fun fact, the same breakpoints also determine how much blood fury you get.  1 point for distance < 25', 2 points for 25 to 40', 3 points for 40+.

EDIT again:  This was wrong, the damage caps at 65', not 40', see below.

Edited by aethereal
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, aethereal said:

Sadly, doesn't work.  The extra damage on Savage Leap is capped.  The deal is, you get no extra damage at range 0 through 25', then more damage for more distance between 25' and 40', and then after 40', you no longer get any more extra damage (ie, 60' away is the same as 40' away in terms of extra damage).

Gonna test this out definively.

• Thumbs Up 1

Server:  Everlasting

Notable Toons:  Nux Aukairo (Savage Melee/Dark Armor Brute), Boanerges Aukairo (Electric Melee/Shield Defense Brute) Lux Aukairo (Beam Rifle/Radiation Emission Corruptor), EVENT HORlZON (Fire/Gravity Dominator), CharcoaI (Savage Melee/Fiery Aura Brute), lsotope (Radiation Melee/Dark Armor Brute), CLERlC (Dual Pistols/Time Corruptor), RoidRage (Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank), BasiIisk (Psi/Dark Stalker), Meissner Effect (Electric/Energy Tanker), Burn Card (Dual Pistols/Fiery Aura Sentinel), Nux (Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper), Mecha Nux (Radiation Armor/Energy Melee Tanker), AE0NAUT (Beam Rifle/Temporal Manipulation Blaster)

Oooops, sorry, just looked at the power formula again, and my info above was incorrect in detail (though correct in saying that you can't benefit from range enhancement).

It's no extra damage below 25'

Yes extra damage between 25' and 65', more the further away you are (very specifically, +2.5% of the base damage per foot of additional range, topping out at +100% of base damage at 65')

After 65', your damage is capped and won't get any more than it does at 65'

Base range of the power is 70'

This damage is all enhanceable, so basically whatever damage you do (excluding procs) at 0-25', you'll double it at 65'+.

I apologize for the misinformation, @cfarevival

Edited by aethereal

5 hours ago, Krimson said:

Shield but that isn't even the point of it. 

I would say it is. You've built a Tanker with a damage auras on top of having greater area to work with on the damage aura and the SM attacks and compared it to a Brute who is getting a much smaller gain through Shield than from Fury, has no damage aura, and smaller area attacks. Offensive Stance is a fixed damage buff for the Tankers, Against All Odds is variable. It is in no way an apple-to-apple comparison but more apple-to-koala comparison, especially as goes talking about Savage Melee.

Edit: And since Pets are notoriously a poor damage vector for Brutes, so Shield Charge is no grand thing.

I'll be in Pocket D.

I had a dinner date and am just now getting home.

Edited by Erratic1

17 hours ago, StriderIV said:

My most played Brute is a Sav/Bio. The synergy is really great, with Sav and Bio's DOTS being pumped up by Fury. Just a ton of orange numbers floating around, which is very satisfying 😂

MOAR

DOTS