More Low- to Mid-Level Missions?

Rudra

My question is can we get some new low level and mid level content? Not new TFs/SFs. New story arcs. Maybe digging into the backgrounds of the available factions a bit more. Yes, I know I can hit up AE for this, assuming relevant content has been made by players, but I'm hoping for more official content.

Like maybe, who is the demon lord or prince that the Hellions have contracts with? We get some hints in the mission where we have to destroy the altars, but nothing is developed from that. What about dealing with Morganna of the Skulls? Last we see of her, she simply avoids us and leaves. Port Oakes has the Family and Mooks, but all we really get are that the Marcones and whoever leads the Mooks are fighting for territory. (And the duplicity of two of their lieutenants in their failed bid to work together and overthrow both sides.) What about the Family's attempts to clean up their image in Paragon City? (Yes, I know it is a sham, but aside from a brief comment by the sole council member you manage to save on the New Regulators arc, nothing is mentioned about the Family and their attempts to change how others perceive them.) So many elements that we are teased with, but never get really get past the surface of.

Yes, the low levels are a blur for most players, so time developing new stories for them may not be a practical use of time. I also realize a lot of players prefer to only do the end game content. So I don't really have high hopes for this, but some new low level to mid level arcs would be nice.

5 hours ago, Rudra said:

Yes, the low levels are a blur for most players, so time developing new stories for them may not be a practical use of time. I also realize a lot of players prefer to only do the end game content. So I don't really have high hopes for this, but some new low level to mid level arcs would be nice.

Definitely wouldn't be a waste. Right now the mid levels are where the majority of my favourite content lives.  And we have had a *little* new content there. More would be nice - there's plenty to explore.

Honestly, with the apparent "we want to rein in farming" attitude we're seeing dev-wise, what they should do is - well, a lot of work, granted, but new series of contacts with a connected, followable set of 1-50 story arcs. DO what they do with the Hollows, Faultline or Croatoa - you do the full series, at the end you get a badge and extra rewards (perhaps even some number of prismatics, since this would take some degree of dedication.)  Make them origin related, for instance. (Say, if you're Tech, you find Crey wanting to help/sponsor you... til you start finding out what they're really doing.)  Or find lore that was introduced and not touched - the Blood of the Black Stream, for instance, while meant to be an EAT originally, should have "storyline" enough to investigate to do a 1-50 set of arcs.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Or, given the destruction of Galaxy City, a series of missions that variously send you to rescue citizens, retrieve equipment or research, and defend facilities against an incursion of Shivans, both as a story arc and as 'filler' missions to fill out a contact's mission list. And it doesn't have to be exclusively against Shivans, either -- with all the destruction, there would be any number of groups looking to recover things from the ruins of Galaxy City, with a few missions that could turn things on their heads, like a mission to free captured Shivans from a covert Crey facility where Crey is looking to figure out how the Shivans work to either duplicate their powers, make their own, or just control them. And, of course, one or two TFs into the ruined zone -- strip down Agent G's arc about the PsychChronoMetron to its framework and rebuild it around Arachnos trying to retrieve something, with both Arachnos and Shivans as obstacles.

10 hours ago, Rudra said:

My question is can we get some new low level and mid level content? Not new TFs/SFs. New story arcs. Maybe digging into the backgrounds of the available factions a bit more. Yes, I know I can hit up AE for this, assuming relevant content has been made by players, but I'm hoping for more official content.

Like maybe, who is the demon lord or prince that the Hellions have contracts with? We get some hints in the mission where we have to destroy the altars, but nothing is developed from that. What about dealing with Morganna of the Skulls? Last we see of her, she simply avoids us and leaves. Port Oakes has the Family and Mooks, but all we really get are that the Marcones and whoever leads the Mooks are fighting for territory. (And the duplicity of two of their lieutenants in their failed bid to work together and overthrow both sides.) What about the Family's attempts to clean up their image in Paragon City? (Yes, I know it is a sham, but aside from a brief comment by the sole council member you manage to save on the New Regulators arc, nothing is mentioned about the Family and their attempts to change how others perceive them.) So many elements that we are teased with, but never get really get past the surface of.

There is actually a ton of this stuff.  Granted, a lot of it (Im looking at you Blueside) is very repetitive

While i would personally love what you are talking about I know resources (time) is limited. Although if some of the AE content already written could be tidied up and could get assigned to a “real world” contact that would be awesome.  

I know, but most of it is like 25+. I'm more interested in 1-20, with 21-30 getting additional supplemental content.

Edit: As for repetitive? That seems to be blue side's schtick. I still have horrible memories of the story arc that had you do the same mission 5 times in a row, just with a different boss name each time. The arc I was happy to endure as a TF because the TF had less missions despite being the exact same arc.

Edited by Rudra

I've already made my own arc. And aside from a few friends I conned into trying it, it sits forgotten even by me. (Unfortunately, since I could really use some actual feedback on the arc. I haven't bothered making the follow up arc because of that.)

And as I already said in the OP, I know AE is an option for new content. However, I personally find that while AE is a great way to explore side stories not related to official content (dependent heavily on the writer), it is decidedly less enjoyable when used to change official content or even address various loose ends from official content. Especially as contrived as most of the official content related AE arcs I have tried seemed to me. (I stopped bothering even trying anyone's official related AE arcs because of that. Oh boy, some of those arcs I couldn't even finish because of the given story. Hells, I've basically abandoned AE because of them. Though I really enjoyed someone's Dark Astoria AE arc where you deal with mannequins as the arc walks through the background for people disappearing in DA.) Yes, that is entirely on me.

As I also already said however, I would like some official content that delves into the various loose ends the early arcs all leave dangling. I don't expect it will actually happen, but I'm asking anyway in hopes it might.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Parabola said:

I'd love to see Perez Park get the same treatment as the Hollows with a series of arcs leading up to a trial or tf. Boomtown is another prime candidate for this.

I like the idea, which reminds me I haven't played the Faultline arcs in awhile with Penny Yin's father.

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg