I think it is time to get rid of Reward Merits and PAPs

kelika2

7 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

At this point I dont think you know how carrots on a stick work now

Nope. Not a clue. (I'm being sarcastic by the way.)

I don't believe I have to explain this, but here goes:

When you have a horse-drawn carriage, such as is used for tourism at my home city, the driver has a carrot dangling from a line attached to a stick that (s)he holds out in front of the horse to motivate the horse to move forward. The horse sees the carrot, goes to eat it, and pulls the carriage forward trying to reach the carrot. The carrot is kept out of the horse's reach so the carriage keeps moving forward and the paying customers get a nice, leisurely tour of the sights. (Provided the horse doesn't smell that bad....) On the very rare occasion the horse actually manages to get the carrot, the carriage comes to a stop. And the carriage stays stopped until the driver is able to get the carrot away from the horse or is able to provide another incentive for the horse to move forward again. The one time I saw that happen, the carriage was stuck there partially blocking traffic because the horse would not move until another carriage arrived and provided the driver of the first carriage with a replacement carrot.

There! Happy now?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Nope. Not a clue. (I'm being sarcastic by the way.)

I don't believe I have to explain this, but here goes:

When you have a horse-drawn carriage, such as is used for tourism at my home city, the driver has a carrot dangling from a line attached to a stick that (s)he holds out in front of the horse to motivate the horse to move forward. The horse sees the carrot, goes to eat it, and pulls the carriage forward trying to reach the carrot. The carrot is kept out of the horse's reach so the carriage keeps moving forward and the paying customers get a nice, leisurely tour of the sights. (Provided the horse doesn't smell that bad....) On the very rare occasion the horse actually manages to get the carrot, the carriage comes to a stop. And the carriage stays stopped until the driver is able to get the carrot away from the horse or is able to provide another incentive for the horse to move forward again. The one time I saw that happen, the carriage was stuck there partially blocking traffic because the horse would not move until another carriage arrived and provided the driver of the first carriage with a replacement carrot.

There! Happy now?

so wait we have a carrot, a stick, a horse and a carriage.

which one are we, which is merits and what one is inf and which one is everyone misunderstanding one another on purpose

• Haha 1

The whole base post is TC extrapolating themselves to everyone, so, to do the same:

Everyone LOVES running Task Forces. They think it is good. So leave rewards as they are. The list could go on but it won't because reasons. Thank you. A penny saved is worth two in the bush. 

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting

10 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

so wait we have a carrot, a stick, a horse and a carriage.

which one are we, which is merits and what one is inf and which one is everyone misunderstanding one another on purpose

Are you kidding me? You're just trolling me, aren't you?

The initial horse and carrot comment was a JOKE. That was why I included the laughing emoji I did. You said that was your intent, despite my comment being a joke. So I then clarified the JOKE you said was your intent into the original statement the joke was broken off of.

If my JOKE is your take on how the game is supposed to work, especially a joke where the end result is the failure of the process (the carriage comes to a halt), then I felt there was a need to clarify the joke and the outcome.

We the players, the merits, the inf'? It has nothing to do with a joke I made based on your carrot on short stick comment.

As for which one is everyone misunderstanding on purpose? My response is YOU are on purpose misunderstanding my comments.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Indystruck said:

The whole base post is TC extrapolating themselves to everyone, so, to do the same:

Everyone LOVES running Task Forces. They think it is good. So leave rewards as they are. The list could go on but it won't because reasons. Thank you. A penny saved is worth two in the bush. 

Ever go on the test server, insta 50 with free  enhancements and thought this is a better alternative?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Rudra said:

Are you kidding me? You're just trolling me, aren't you?

The initial horse and carrot comment was a JOKE. That was why I included the laughing emoji I did. You said that was your intent, despite my comment being a joke. So I then clarified the JOKE you said was your intent into the original statement the joke was broken off of.

If my JOKE is your take on how the game is supposed to work, especially a joke where the end result is the failure of the process (the carriage comes to a halt), then I felt there was a need to clarify the joke and the outcome.

We the players, the merits, the inf'? It has nothing to do with a joke I made based on your carrot on short stick comment.

As for which one is everyone misunderstanding on purpose? My response is YOU are on purpose misunderstanding my comments.

So wait, now that we dont have a horse who is running the carrot on the stick?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Good bye, @kelika2. You went from a person I respected on the forums to @battlewraith levels of needing to be ignored. I really hope this is just transient, but you have successfully annoyed the holy hells out of me.

Why do the butthurt people that have me ignored feel the need to reference me when they have a meltdown lol? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Luminara said:

We did that on the original servers.  It resulted in a hyper-inflated economy, a massive division between haves and have-nots, and RMT traders spamming every channel.

Not looking to repeat that experience, thank

This. The hyperinflation was crazy on live. So crazy I afk farmed pvp while 6 boxing to finance things.

An example of this was I dumped 2 bil inf into a SG offshoot like it was nothing because I had more inf than I ever needed but if everyone did that then no one would.

The current system better fits a functioning economic system where things have caps and inf is currently in good shape because prices don't drastically change...

My hunch however is that the value of inf is stable but the amount is vastly out of control. Because of ceilings for everything in the game there's already more than can be spent and spending it at the auction house is cheaper than buying with merits.

My question for OP is what would be your inf sink? Where is all this going and how are reward merits converted?

In the end this is an economics question and youtube has a number of videos on game design of financial systems for those who want to better understand the types of systems used and when they do and don't work.

I'm just glad inf sellers aren't a thing tbh. No more broadcast spam.

16 minutes ago, kelika2 said:
24 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Spend any amount of time on a populated server.  even the ones that just say "task force lfm" will drop a "speed btw" after the group is finished.

Against my better judgement:

On Excel I see all manner of recruitment in LFG chat, even that small sample does not approach your 99% threshold of "everyone just skips to endgame and does speed runs."

Further, LFG Chat recruitment is definitely not representative of 99% of teams on any given server.  Coalition chat is widely and frequently used to assemble teams for all manner of content, as is local chat near TF recruiters and the like. You'd have had me here at a more realistic number that is not based on forum posters alone. 60% of all teams are formed in LFG chat? I'd be more inclined to listen.  I think we could all do with a bit less of that sort of hyperbolic, counter-productive presentation.

For the record: I really don't care how other folks engage with the game, but let's not pretend that "literally everyone" is just skipping to T4'd 50s and speed running hard modes.  Plenty of us suss out what we want out of a character at endgame during the leveling process (or in my case, more often deciding the idea was better than the actualization and starting a new idea). Folks in my SG's Discord are forming leveling teams rather frequently, come to think of it, although that is natural after a Page release with new toys or proliferated sets.  And here's a fun one - we're a small group, so once the team is partially full we usually grab PUGs for the ride if we want to fill up. Full disclosure: my game time in the last 6 weeks has been minimal, but when I've been on Excel it looks pretty much the same as it ever was.  Which is/was definitely not dominated by 99% of teams just "skipping to the end."

Here's the ironical bit:  I might have actually agreed with a proposal to reduce the number of currencies (but not the currencies you suggest in the OP, those are fine and should stay) in the game had it been an actual constructive change and a decently presented idea, but hyperbolic drivel and an OP that was more like a stream of rant than a proposal aren't going make a very good presentation.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

4 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

The vendors are not going away, i proposed getting rid of merits and using INF while increasing INF gains across the board

I'm for increasing options for people. Right now you can get merits and convert them to something to sell. It's exactly what you're looking for but provides an additional option.

1 minute ago, Sirius.Games said:

I'm for increasing options for people. Right now you can get merits and convert them to something to sell. It's exactly what you're looking for but provides an additional option.

Yes but that also takes away my incentive to do the things between the merits.

6 hours ago, kelika2 said:

when 99% of the players want to skip the game its time to take a step back and question what we are really doing

Strikeout because it missed the point hard

Ah you must be quite the mathmagician! I will try to cast a similar spell!

When 99% of players want to play the way the want to play, your suggestion is doomed to fail. 

Oh that was easy!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Just now, GM Impervium said:

When everyone disagrees with you, it's time to take a step back, instead of watching a thread like a hawk and instantly responding to everything that gets posted.

Cool it down, everyone.

Stay bullied by people who miss the point or dont want to get the point, got it

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1