Savage/Rad

Tachstar

I am left to wonder why people aren't heaping mounds of unmitigated praise upon the noble savage/rad combo. Granted, my guy is only level 14, so... maybe it gets really bad later? Or maybe its one of those things (thunder) THEY don't want you to know.

Pictured: Pissed-Off Badger arresting miscreants who crashed his autograph signing event.

image.thumb.png.4af36f3985ea5224296ac35dc91e8e71.png

• Like 2

I have a Savage/Electrical who was my second go as Savage on a Brute (original was Savage/Invulnerability). A damage aura powerset works well with Savage. He's fun in a hectic, go, Go, GO! sort of playstyle as it really pays to not let Blood Frenzy stacks drop. I am guessing your strategy is to mostly ignore consumption of Blood Frenzy stacks?

Savage/Electrical inspired my follow on Brute who is Psi Melee/Fire. Less control over initiating DoTs but same basic concept without the need to be continuously charging forward. 

Savage/Fire should also be a bit less go-go as Fire can do a bit more of the lifting for damage output, but I am thinking can pretty well go continuous Cuisinart if it wants.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I have a Savage/Electrical who was my second go as Savage on a Brute (original was Savage/Invulnerability). A damage aura powerset works well with Savage. He's fun in a hectic, go, Go, GO! sort of playstyle as it really pays to not let Blood Frenzy stacks drop. I am guessing your strategy is to mostly ignore consumption of Blood Frenzy stacks?

Savage/Electrical inspired my follow on Brute who is Psi Melee/Fire. Less control over initiating DoTs but same basic concept without the need to be continuously charging forward. 

Savage/Fire should also be a bit less go-go as Fire can do a bit more of the lifting for damage output, but I am thinking can pretty well go continuous Cuisinart if it wants.

Sav/Elec is an awesome concept!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I am guessing your strategy is to mostly ignore consumption of Blood Frenzy stacks?

Yah, Badger Speed! Actually, I've not seen that kick in yet (as seen on my savage/plant dom). But he's had to slow down in the mid-teens, because the bad guys have got a lot tougher and he can no longer take out several minions at a time with Shred and Sands of Muuuuu like back in the Glory Days of the single-digit levels. I'm hoping that comes back eventually, though, because it was a lotta fun. Meanwhile, hiding behind corners to 'pull' because of all the +1 Lieutenant gun-toters -- well, it's just not very Badgerly. Then again, neither is wiping the floor -- with his face!

2 hours ago, Tachstar said:

Yah, Badger Speed! Actually, I've not seen that kick in yet (as seen on my savage/plant dom). But he's had to slow down in the mid-teens, because the bad guys have got a lot tougher and he can no longer take out several minions at a time with Shred and Sands of Muuuuu like back in the Glory Days of the single-digit levels. I'm hoping that comes back eventually, though, because it was a lotta fun. Meanwhile, hiding behind corners to 'pull' because of all the +1 Lieutenant gun-toters -- well, it's just not very Badgerly. Then again, neither is wiping the floor -- with his face!

I am thinking Radiation Therapy and Particle Shielding will help a lot in maintaining Badger Speed.

• 2 months later

Sav/Rad Broot is my main and he's sooo fun to play.  Will likely end up giving him Energy mastery for laser eye beams in lieu of a fire breath, he's inspired by a certain radioactive giant lizard in convenient hero size.

I know the puke power exists but I can't really make it not look like puke.  So laser eye beams it is!