Long road to a character I like

DougGraves

I have found a new character I like.  It did not exist when CoH came out.  It is a stalker, an AT added during CoV.

I did not like stalker back then.  I like the stealth but they  were too slow.  Eventually they got the quick assassin strike and I found I liked them.

And they just recently proliferated stone melee to stalkers.  An idea that seems dumb thematically.  But it turns out I really like it.  The animations are fun and the sound and the knockdown are very satisfying.

So now I am playing a stone melee stalker.  A character that took years and many changes to appear at all.

What characters do you like that did not exist until recently or were not enjoyable until recently?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

What characters do you like that did not exist until recently or were not enjoyable until recently?

I had a Fire/Energy blaster on Live that I really wanted to like.  I think I only had like 4 or 5 powers tops from primary powerset (Fireblast, Rain of Fire, Aim, and Blaze) and I focused heavily on the energy melee and pool powers to make a blapper.  But she just wasn't sturdy enough and it was always a chore.

Game shuts down, there was a lot of sadness and emptiness, then Homecoming showed up with sentinels.  Forget blapping, I embraced the shorter range fire attacks for the added durability of fiery aura, and that character became one of my top 5 and and my second level 50.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've been finding myself having a ton of fun with an Ill/Sav Dom recently, something that never existed until now. I'm not the biggest fan of Dominators, but something about the mix of powers this toon has access to is so fun and I can't get enough of it. I might actually hit 50 soon.

Speaking of, there's a thread I have to necro.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

On 11/5/2022 at 4:32 PM, Tachstar said:

I'd never leveled a stalker to 50 -- heck, never got one out of the teens, even -- before they could get stoned. But now I have! And it was FUN.

Stoner stalker?  Stalker stoner?  Either way, that amuses me.

On 11/5/2022 at 11:19 AM, Spaghetti Betty said:

I've been finding myself having a ton of fun with an Ill/Sav Dom recently, something that never existed until now. I'm not the biggest fan of Dominators, but something about the mix of powers this toon has access to is so fun and I can't get enough of it. I might actually hit 50 soon.

Speaking of, there's a thread I have to necro.

Isn't this combo a delight? I love doms, but haven't really gotten /Savage to work for me (in terms of meshing with a primary and character concept that I really liked). Until I paired it with Illusion/. Idk what it is, but something about this pairing just makes for fun, though I suppose it helps I had a concept for it almost instantly when it was still in beta.

My Mercs/Traps MM also became so much more fun now. I was making it work, but oh did this most recent page make them great. All those spent bullet casings on the floor finally mean my boys did real damage, and not that they were spending mass quantities of ammo tickling opponents. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 11/5/2022 at 10:29 AM, DougGraves said:

I tried a bots/EA MM right after EA dropped, and he was at best marginally playable.  The increase in the lethality of bots in page 5 made him playable and fun.  Unfortunately, the Really Really Cool name I came up with for him...  I've already transferred to an Elec/EA 'troller.  So he's rolled up and standing next to Officer Flint - waiting on a name.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)