Disable Hospital Option?

Spankea

2 minutes ago, TheZag said:

So if 1 person dies and cant rez and nobody else will rez them?

If you got on a bad team like that you would quit it and then rez.  You don't want to play on those types of team that are intentionally griefing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Wavicle said:

The only way I would support this idea is if you got a dialog box when you join the team asking if you agreed, like with level changes and teleportation.

Also, if everyone on the team is dead, the mission should fail. If we’re talking advanced difficulty options.

Good ideas...

8 minutes ago, Spankea said:

Advanced difficulty option.

Hey! That's the same argument that was given the last time this was brought up!  Are you that same person just re-posting this?

Prohibiting players from using the hospital does not add, reduce, or otherwise affect difficulty. If you want a defeat difficulty? We already have it in the form of limited and no deaths options. The hospital is something that is used when the character is defeated. It has absolutely no impact on what happens in a mission until the player is defeated. So it is not a difficulty option. Neither does prohibiting its use promote teamwork. And the last person to use the difficulty option argument basically wanted it to be able to punish players that dared be defeated in the mission. So: NO.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "is" to "it". Also to add missing "prohibiting its use", "you", "argument", and "same".
  • Thumbs Up 4

29 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

maybe give a reason, just one

why should team leaders have this option?

Three words..."Apex: Battle Maiden".  In that one, it might kinda be in the players' best interest.  Due to the potential fatality-risk simply for entering the arena, as well as the possibility of losing out on the reward for the entire TF if the AV goes down while a player is running back, it's actually in a team's general best interest not to be separated due to player deaths.

That's kind of an outlier that could also be solved by having an in-mission hospital (like its counterpart, Tin Mage) though, I guess.  But it's "one" reason, like you asked for...

Just now, Lazarillo said:

Three words..."Apex: Battle Maiden".  In that one, it might kinda be in the players' best interest.  Due to the potential fatality-risk simply for entering the arena, as well as the possibility of losing out on the reward for the entire TF if the AV goes down while a player is running back, it's actually in a team's general best interest not to be separated due to player deaths.

That's kind of an outlier that could also be solved by having an in-mission hospital (like its counterpart, Tin Mage) though, I guess.  But it's "one" reason, like you asked for...

Yea that sounds like a better fix then giving than leaders griefing buttons.

1 minute ago, Lazarillo said:

I wouldn't mind having more in mission hosp options for specific missions.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Yea that sounds like a better fix then giving than leaders griefing buttons.

While I don't necessarily feel like this suggestion is "giving leaders griefing buttons" (or at least, no moreso than the ones they already have, like buffed enemies, no inspirations, etc...), it is, FWIW, what I immediately thought of when I read the thread title, even before I saw you asking that.  So I guess I understand a method to the madness, is all.

But I do agree that it feels like an in-mission hospital (especially a "coordinated" one like ITrials get, for that one especially) would probably be an even better solution to that problem.

• Like 1

Just now, Rudra said:

What would be the point of having every mission rez the character at the entrance? It works for trials and some TFs/SFs, but makes no sense in general use. Do you just hate the in-game hospitals THAT much?

I don’t see why we should have to zone twice to rez up. Just put me at the start of the instance, just like most games.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Rudra said:

Prohibiting players from using the hospital does not add, reduce, or otherwise affect difficulty. If you want a defeat difficulty? We already have it in the form of limited and no deaths options.

I think that what the OP wants is an 'ablative' option for increasing TF difficulty -- where, if a team member goes down and either can't or isn't rezzed, they're done, either until the mission is done or kicked from the TF depending on the leader's choice of difficulty.

Another way to go about it would be a 'cannot re-enter mission' option, although that would punish people with bad connections who DC.

41 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

I think that what the OP wants is an 'ablative' option for increasing TF difficulty -- where, if a team member goes down and either can't or isn't rezzed, they're done, either until the mission is done or kicked from the TF depending on the leader's choice of difficulty.

Another way to go about it would be a 'cannot re-enter mission' option, although that would punish people with bad connections who DC.

The OP and your 'cannot re-enter mission' option would also punish players who are playing through lag and are defeated through no fault of their own. And the "ablative team" option you are citing would be an RP thing and something the team leader can discuss with the team to get buy in. It is not something anyone has the right to impose on others. "You cannot use the hospital or base if defeated" is something everyone involved should agree on, not have shoved down their throats by a power hungry team leader.

Edit: And before anyone tells me "but what about the enemies buffed and similar settings we already have?", those actually affect game difficulty and provide challenge. Making players remain stuck defeated until someone decides to rez them does not affect difficulty or provide any challenge. It's punitive in nature.

Edited by Rudra
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Making players remain stuck defeated until someone decides to rez them does not affect difficulty or provide any challenge. It's punitive in nature.

You can make the argument that it 'encourages' more tactical awareness to make all the players in a team keep track of the condition of their teammates; however, I see it as an underhanded effort to force 'trinity' team composition into the game, essentially requiring at least one team member to have an 'organic' rez power -- i.e., dedicated 'healers'.

• Thumbs Up 2