Stop calling it i26

Can you not call the updates in sequential i(xx) names unless it is a significant content update?  I've no particular issue with i25 being a rebirth, private streamlining issue title.  However, i26 was little more than further streamlining of i25, as is the Sniper fix/update.  It's still fixing the issues with i25 beta's incomplete mechanics.  I'm thrilled with all of that, believe me, just don't call it "i26" or "i27".  Now if a few enterprising people populated Kalisti Wharf, filled it with mobs, contacts, stories, and missions... that would be a good update to slap "i26" on.  Maybe call the current streamlining work "i25.1" and "i25.2". 

Just a thought.  I know I'm not a coder/dev type, so I'm thrilled with all the volunteer work done by SCoRE and others, but there is something meaningful about the issue titles.  They shouldn't be used and ticked up on every patch.

Thank you.

Can you not call the updates in sequential i(xx) names unless it is a significant content update?  I've no particular issue with i25 being a rebirth, private streamlining issue title.  However, i26 was little more than further streamlining of i25, as is the Sniper fix/update.  It's still fixing the issues with i25 beta's incomplete mechanics.  I'm thrilled with all of that, believe me, just don't call it "i26" or "i27".  Now if a few enterprising people populated Kalisti Wharf, filled it with mobs, contacts, stories, and missions... that would be a good update to slap "i26" on.  Maybe call the current streamlining work "i25.1" and "i25.2". 

Just a thought.  I know I'm not a coder/dev type, so I'm thrilled with all the volunteer work done by SCoRE and others, but there is something meaningful about the issue titles.  They shouldn't be used and ticked up on every patch.

Thank you.

I literally chuckled out loud.

It's a free server. I think I'm completely ok with HC calling it anything they want.

Heck, call each update a variation on spreadable cheese sauce.

I literally chuckled out loud.

It's a free server. I think I'm completely ok with HC calling it anything they want.

Heck, call each update a variation on spreadable cheese sauce.

Next updates:

Baby Bel

Cheese Whiz

Laughing Cow

Port Wine

Velveeta

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I24 - Resurgence was live on the CoX beta server at shutdown

I25 - Unbroken Spirit was all the work done by Score after I24 and before going public

I26 - Homecoming - is everything since SCORE went public (ie all of this https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3306.0.html)

Currently all releases fall under I26.

I27 will probably be after/when the next big content update is released  - the sniper changes are part of I26, not I27.

Essentially Paragon/Cryptic used to do one big update and label that an issue. SCORE does mini patches and lumps them all under one issue (currently I26) until either a significant update is released or something major changes.

I think without a paid team of full time developers, the concept of large "Issue" releases will just go bye-bye. Instead, there will be more frequent, constant patches, on a weekly or biweekly basis.

I propose we call these releases "Pages" to keep with the comic book theme.

• Page 1: Coming Home
  • Page 2: Turn the Page
  • Page 3: Nerf Regen
  • Page 4: ? ? ?
  • Page 5: PROFIT!

I'm out.

"Pages" sounds good.  I'm probably going to keep calling it i25 until there's a significant content update.

Which, fingers crossed, will be a space station or moonbase because seriously they teased it for so long, then indicated the next major baddie group was coming from OUTER SPACE and we'd fight them in... a wharf.

It's a very pretty wharf but geez.

• Haha 1

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Issue 25 covered six years of slow development.  Saying "Issue 26 only contains X" doesn't mean much, because Issue 26 probably contains a lot of stuff that will be released in the next year, if not more time than that.  I'd expect Issue 26 to ultimately contain a lot more than Issue 25 did, because there are a lot more people developing things now.

In any case, these titles are set by Leandro and / or others working with him, and he's the head developer for new releases that Homecoming (and a few other) servers will run on, so you can call it whatever you like but it's Issue 26 per Leo.

I24 - Resurgence was live on the CoX beta server at shutdown

I25 - Unbroken Spirit was all the work done by Score after I24 and before going public

I26 - Homecoming - is everything since SCORE went public (ie all of this https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3306.0.html)

Currently all releases fall under I26.

I27 will probably be after/when the next big content update is released  - the sniper changes are part of I26, not I27.

Essentially Paragon/Cryptic used to do one big update and label that an issue. SCORE does mini patches and lumps them all under one issue (currently I26) until either a significant update is released or something major changes.

Thanks for the heads up.  I hadn't found that.  Consider me content.