Does Concealment Stack with Hide?

drgantz

I think I read that a recent patch caused stealth powers to stack. 

My StJ/SR Stalker just reached lvl 47 and I'm running out of  powers to choose that fit within character conception as a Natural Stalker.

I was thinking of taking some Concealment Pool powers that might improve stealth.

For PvE it is unlikely you will see benefit from additional stealth stacking beyond hide. Foes that have perception bonuses like Knives of Artemis, Rikti drones, or Rularuu eyeballs will see you regardless. For super reflexes you dont really need additional defense power set bonus mules, so it is unlikely concealment would be a better option for you than something else.

• Like 1

Currently on fire.

You are mistaken. While you can now run multiple stealth powers at the same time, they do not stack. From the patch notes:

Player Stealth Toggles, with the exception of temporary powers, are no longer exclusive. Players can now use multiple stealth toggle powers at the same time, however the stealth radius, defense, and threat level of these powers will not stack. Instead, the strongest effect from these powers will be used (much like how travel power stacking currently works).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

• City Council
18 hours ago, drgantz said:

My StJ/SR Stalker just reached lvl 47 and I'm running out of  powers to choose that fit within character conception as a Natural Stalker.

I was thinking of taking some Concealment Pool powers that might improve stealth.

Stalkers Hide has always been able to stack with concealment stealth toggles, and it still can. Hide was not a part of the stealth exclusivity revamp.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stalker "Hide" is Uber-stealth, and as such, you'll rarely need to stack it with anything.  If something can see through Hide... it'll see through Concealment as well.  That doesn't mean you can't stack defense, though, and a lot of Concealment powers allow positional Defense slotting.  If you have any 'strike at a distance' powers, hitting things like Rikti Drones from Hide will usually Crit and blow them up, whereas trying to get close to hit them will aggro the whole spawn.

That said, triggered ambushes ALWAYS know where to find you for some stupid reason, and stacking Hide with another concealment power probably wouldn't really change things.  Best thing there is to Run Like Hell, because ambushes tend to trigger on the location you're standing at - many stalkers (myself included) have been able to avoid the ambush by putting some distance between the trigger point and the character... and if an ambush does give chase, at some point they give up and drop aggro, and then you're truly in Hide again and can pick them off.

• Like 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

9 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

That said, triggered ambushes ALWAYS know where to find you for some stupid reason, and stacking Hide with another concealment power probably wouldn't really change things.  Best thing there is to Run Like Hell, because ambushes tend to trigger on the location you're standing at - many stalkers (myself included) have been able to avoid the ambush by putting some distance between the trigger point and the character... and if an ambush does give chase, at some point they give up and drop aggro, and then you're truly in Hide again and can pick them off.

Though, not all ambushed will attack a hidden player.  Unfortunately it's inconsistent, but I've been followed thru the entire mission while walking a hostage out. 😄  It would be quicker to just kill defeat them, but it's funny.

On 11/28/2022 at 6:31 PM, drgantz said:

I run Hide and Stealth.

The additional defense and Luck of the Gamble mules are helpful.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

More stealth as has been pointed out is at 47th level unlikely to make a noticeable difference in your overall stealthiness.  Snipers will perceive and aggro at 149ft. Stalker Hide at 47th is 150ft.  The distance at which you'll be perceived is 149 (their perception) minus 150ft (your total stealth on Hide alone) = -1 ft.  Anything at 0 or less and nothing will see you.  Except things that ignore stealth where the above becomes 149 minus (ignored) = 149 ft.  Fortunately there are no Snipers who ignore stealth currently.

Stalkers stealth cap is 300ft at 50th (but probably caps much lower (~32nd but idk for certain)  But 300 vs 150 not sure there's anything currently that makes the difference matter.  If there is it's probably in Hardmode where some foes run a version of Tactics and their base perception is 66ft.  I just don't know how their version of Tactics work.

One other thing to note is Cimerorans who use or otherwise get buffed by Shout of Command.  CoD doesn't seem to list a perception buff outside of the text description but Sonic Resonance's Clarity and an Empath's Clear Mind both buff perception in characters.  If Shout of Command or their Tactics mimics the character powers steathiness just went bye-bye basically while the foes are buffed that way (or stack the team with Grant Invisibility and/or Flash Arrow/Smoke).  The only question is more about Limits on both and how anything above those limits is calculated.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthoughts