Suggest slight adjustment to the summoning of Adamastor to show WHO summoned him

Voltor

Sometimes when assembling players to fight him, some "wiseguy" aka troll summons him a tad too early.   It would be nice if the big message that flashes up on screen shows who summoned him, for example "Adamastor appears after being summoned by <insert character name here>"

• Thumbs Up 1

25 alts with all the badges!

I mean, I hear what you're saying? It is best and preferred (to me, anyway) if players are collaborative and try to share a common goal when they can. 

And yet, the person isn't really doing anything wrong as such. It's a spawnable mob. They fulfilled the conditions to spawn it. That easy. Yes, you may be trying to organize something in various chat channels (including Broadcast), but they may have chat windows off or minimized while they're just doing their own thing.  Maybe this person plays once a week, and has been wanting to solo Adamastor, just to see if they can, for a long long time.  MUST they park their goal for the 4,125th time, because every time they log on, some other group is trying to organize it, just because other players are waiting for a few more people to show up from several zones away?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Voltor said:

Sometimes when assembling players to fight him, some "wiseguy" aka troll summons him a tad too early.   It would be nice if the big message that flashes up on screen shows who summoned him, for example "Adamastor appears after being summoned by <insert character name here>"

And then what?  Seems you are advocating a "name and shame" type of system.  I don't do this, but neither you, nor even an organized group, "own" or have exclusive access to when Adamastor gets summoned and by whom...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

While I agree with @MTeague and @biostem on their posts, I need to point out something both of them either missed or are unaware of. And that would be troll team members.

I was on a group that was going to summon Adamastor and the group was waiting for the rest of the team to arrive. One individual we were waiting for was in Ouroboros but had gone AFK to deal with family matters and could not take the extra time to enter the zone. The other individual we were waiting on was enroute from another zone. And someone from within the team went and summoned Adamastor anyway. Denying the two individuals that everyone in the group had been made aware were coming the opportunity to even get in zone. I'm not one for name and shame, but I am one for boot and avoid when they intentionally ruin a group effort from within the group. And if two of us hadn't been watching Adamastor's spawn point, the team leader et al would have had no idea who it was that had told the two individuals we were waiting on where they could stick their participation.

7 minutes ago, Rudra said:

While I agree with @MTeague and @biostem on their posts, I need to point out something both of them either missed or are unaware of. And that would be troll team members.

I was on a group that was going to summon Adamastor and the group was waiting for the rest of the team to arrive. One individual we were waiting for was in Ouroboros but had gone AFK to deal with family matters and could not take the extra time to enter the zone. The other individual we were waiting on was enroute from another zone. And someone from within the team went and summoned Adamastor anyway. Denying the two individuals that everyone in the group had been made aware were coming the opportunity to even get in zone. I'm not one for name and shame, but I am one for boot and avoid when they intentionally ruin a group effort from within the group. And if two of us hadn't been watching Adamastor's spawn point, the team leader et al would have had no idea who it was that had told the two individuals we were waiting on where they could stick their participation.

In that case, I have to ask, why did the rest of the team attack Adamastor?  Was the one who summoned him able to solo him?

It takes one player to summon, but not many players I would say could solo him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The thing is, summoning Ada does not require team membership - only that you be at the right place within the zone.  I don't see how this suggestion would have prevented that at all, but let's say that it was implemented as presented.  What next?  Do you capture a screenshot of "Person X began summoning Adamastor"?  Then what?  Do you come to the forums and post it?  There's no context showing that person did anything wrong.  Now YOU are the one in the wrong, since you can't actually prove that person went against sort of prearranged agreement.  Maybe the team leader was in the wrong for agreeing to hold everybody up because one person had to go AFK - especially since Ada can be summoned every hour.  I would rather see someone, unfortunately, have to wait till the next Adamastor summoning than someone grab some pic with no context and go around naming-and-shaming others...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rudra said:

And that would be troll team members.

I was on a group that was going to summon Adamastor and the group was waiting for the rest of the team to arrive. One individual we were waiting for was in Ouroboros but had gone AFK to deal with family matters and could not take the extra time to enter the zone. The other individual we were waiting on was enroute from another zone. And someone from within the team went and summoned Adamastor anyway.

I am not certain that counts as trolling, vs people being impatient and fed up with waiting. 

Now, were they doing what the team leader said?  clearly not. That does not automatically mean they're at fault.

Were those players being as considerate as possible?  Arguable.  Honestly it depends how long they were waiting, or how long those family matters were expected to take.

• If it sounded like something that might literally take an hour or more (very possible depending on what was going on and detail or lack thereof that was provided), then you know what, maybe the team leader needs to realize that waiting is not really the practical choice there.  If it's a long wait, I'd say do the kill, and message the guys saying "Sorry, look buddy, I'll help you with teh kill any other night this week when you're free, just shoot me a tell"
  • If it sounded like something that would take short minutes (ex: "hey guys, I need to help carry some groceries in, brb"), then I would be willing to wait.

But.... there is no hard and fast rules on what's reasonable vs not.

Consider also, those players could simply drop team, no longer be bound by anything the team leader wants, and then immediately summon Adamastor anyway.

12 minutes ago, BrandX said:

In that case, I have to ask, why did the rest of the team attack Adamastor?  Was the one who summoned him able to solo him?

It takes one player to summon, but not many players I would say could solo him.

No, the player didn't solo Adamastor. In fact, until the rest of the team joined in, that character was getting pulped. The rest of them joined in because Adamastor was attacking everyone on the platform and the team lead's request to break off and fall back went unheeded. (Just another example of why I prefer to play solo unless people I know and trust are around to run around with.)

13 minutes ago, biostem said:

The thing is, summoning Ada does not require team membership - only that you be at the right place within the zone.  I don't see how this suggestion would have prevented that at all, but let's say that it was implemented as presented.  What next?  Do you capture a screenshot of "Person X began summoning Adamastor"?  Then what?  Do you come to the forums and post it?  There's no context showing that person did anything wrong.  Now YOU are the one in the wrong, since you can't actually prove that person went against sort of prearranged agreement.  Maybe the team leader was in the wrong for agreeing to hold everybody up because one person had to go AFK - especially since Ada can be summoned every hour.  I would rather see someone, unfortunately, have to wait till the next Adamastor summoning than someone grab some pic with no context and go around naming-and-shaming others...

I understand that. However, the team leader asked to know who had summoned Adamastor and the culprit did not confess to it so had to be reported to the team leader. And the team leader kicked the individual off the team afterwards, though not until after Adamastor had been taken down. And the team leader did offer to run Adamastor again for the individuals that didn't make it. To the best of my knowledge, they did a followup run, just without that player. (I didn't stick around. I was already pushing time before I joined their team.)

1 minute ago, MTeague said:

I am not certain that counts as trolling, vs people being impatient and fed up with waiting. 

Now, were they doing what the team leader said?  clearly not. That does not automatically mean they're at fault.

Were those players being as considerate as possible?  Arguable.  Honestly it depends how long they were waiting, or how long those family matters were expected to take.

• If it sounded like something that might literally take an hour or more (very possible depending on what was going on and detail or lack thereof that was provided), then you know what, maybe the team leader needs to realize that waiting is not really the practical choice there.  If it's a long wait, I'd say do the kill, and message the guys saying "Sorry, look buddy, I'll help you with teh kill any other night this week when you're free, just shoot me a tell"
  • If it sounded like something that would take short minutes (ex: "hey guys, I need to help carry some groceries in, brb"), then I would be willing to wait.

But.... there is no hard and fast rules on what's reasonable vs not.

Consider also, those players could simply drop team, no longer be bound by anything the team leader wants, and then immediately summon Adamastor anyway.

That's fair. (For clarity, the AFK individual told us in team chat (s)he would only be a few minutes at most. And the AFk individual even entered the zone shortly after Adamastor fell.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rudra said:

That's fair. (For clarity, the AFK individual told us in team chat (s)he would only be a few minutes at most. And the AFk individual even entered the zone shortly after Adamastor fell.)

Ok. That's important detail.  Then I'd say the people who summoned him anyway were being unkind / inconsiderate.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the whole crew putting them on gignore and never teaming with them again. 

But it really is an interplayer thing to work out, not something I really think needs developer efforts.

2 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I understand that. However, the team leader asked to know who had summoned Adamastor and the culprit did not confess to it so had to be reported to the team leader. And the team leader kicked the individual off the team afterwards, though not until after Adamastor had been taken down.

If the player who summoned Ada did so against what the team leader wanted, why would you think such a person would confess to it when asked?  Further, how did the team leader know that the person reported to them actually did the summoning?  We can whittle down the evidence for or against one way or the other, but when you come right down to it, the team would have been far better off disbanding and maybe have the AFK person send a tell to the team leader when Ada can be summoned again...

6 minutes ago, biostem said:

If the player who summoned Ada did so against what the team leader wanted, why would you think such a person would confess to it when asked?  Further, how did the team leader know that the person reported to them actually did the summoning?  We can whittle down the evidence for or against one way or the other, but when you come right down to it, the team would have been far better off disbanding and maybe have the AFK person send a tell to the team leader when Ada can be summoned again...

I won't say he knows or can know, but I will say I vouched for the reported individual being the culprit. He was the only one that moved over to the spawn point and I was one of the individuals watching the point. So interpret that as you will.

• Thumbs Up 1

Id say just dont kill it until everyone arrives when someone troll summons adamastor.  Chances are if they are that bad at teaming,  their build wont be able to take him down either.  A common solution to troll boss pulls in a different game i played was to let them die to the boss and not rez them.  You can usually rez yourself in CoH but rewarding the troll by giving them the boss kill they wanted will just encourage them to do it again.

My guess is they are young or dont speak/read the language well though.  I cant see people trolling like that very often on purpose.  And if they are grown adults that speak the language and do this on purpose,  then holy crap,  get yourself off excel and come to torch.  None of that nonsense going on over here.

Edited by TheZag
  • Like 1