Most overpowered combo?

Matthias1976

Yay! Discussion of slotting choices!

13 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Yeah that's a good question - so a good rule of thumb I use is one Level 50+5 Damage IO gets you to 53%. One Level 53 Damage/Accuracy HO gets you to 38.2% for both. If I'm going to be fighting high level 54+ enemies, I tend to drop Level 50+5 Accuracy IOs in to my -def debuffs and use that instead of missing out on potential Damage/Accuracy boosting HOs in my main attack chain.

Perhaps obviously, my attitude about slotting choices varies depends on power recast times (inherently fast cycling powers typically get set bonuses or few slots) and AT (melee ATs usually don't get +Range pieces). I did want to write a couple of minor things I find myself doing with that "last, non-proc slot". I am almost always picking some piece that adds to Accuracy, occasionally it is just an IO.

In cones, I often go the D-Sync/HO combo of Acc/Range and Damage/Range.... although I pay attention to what the final range of the cone will be... on some characters I try to keep all the (AoE) ranged attack powers roughly the same. Note that Bombardment has both a %damage and a 2-piece set bonus of Global+5% range, and Positron's Blast includes a Damage/Range piece.

Procable (longer recharge) holds: I find that Gladiator's Net (PVP set) typivcally offers a better combination of what I want (boostable Acc/*) plus useful set bonuses than any other choice... although I have at least one character that uses (only) 2-pieces of Unbreakable Constraint (for a small boost to Recovery).

Every once in a blue moon one of my builds will have a power (often a proc-heavy attack, but not always) for which there is no good choice of a single piece from either PVP (boostable to 50+5), HO/DSync (combinable up to 53), Superior (or ATO, or Winter) that effects the attributes I want.... often this is a combination of Accuracy and Endurance. For example, Melee AoE doesn't have a straight-up Accuracy/Endurance Reduction piece in those categories, so I find my builds using a boosted Multi-Strike at 50+5 instead. There are a handful of other powers that cannot slot IOs but can slot (boostable) pieces from other sets where I will use this trick on level 50 builds. For example Mind Link/Link Minds cannot take Recharge IOs, but can take (boosted) Adjusted Targeting pieces.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, tidge said:

Yay! Discussion of slotting choices!

Perhaps obviously, my attitude about slotting choices varies depends on power recast times (inherently fast cycling powers typically get set bonuses or few slots) and AT (melee ATs usually don't get +Range pieces). I did want to write a couple of minor things I find myself doing with that "last, non-proc slot". I am almost always picking some piece that adds to Accuracy, occasionally it is just an IO.

In cones, I often go the D-Sync/HO combo of Acc/Range and Damage/Range.... although I pay attention to what the final range of the cone will be... on some characters I try to keep all the (AoE) ranged attack powers roughly the same. Note that Bombardment has both a %damage and a 2-piece set bonus of Global+5% range, and Positron's Blast includes a Damage/Range piece.

Procable (longer recharge) holds: I find that Gladiator's Net (PVP set) typivcally offers a better combination of what I want (boostable Acc/*) plus useful set bonuses than any other choice... although I have at least one character that uses (only) 2-pieces of Unbreakable Constraint (for a small boost to Recovery).

Every once in a blue moon one of my builds will have a power (often a proc-heavy attack, but not always) for which there is no good choice of a single piece from either PVP (boostable to 50+5), HO/DSync (combinable up to 53), Superior (or ATO, or Winter) that effects the attributes I want.... often this is a combination of Accuracy and Endurance. For example, Melee AoE doesn't have a straight-up Accuracy/Endurance Reduction piece in those categories, so I find my builds using a boosted Multi-Strike at 50+5 instead. There are a handful of other powers that cannot slot IOs but can slot (boostable) pieces from other sets where I will use this trick on level 50 builds. For example Mind Link/Link Minds cannot take Recharge IOs, but can take (boosted) Adjusted Targeting pieces.

Random thought, did they ever change Mind Link so it can't take Membrane HOs as that's how I used to do it on Live?

24 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Random thought, did they ever change Mind Link so it can't take Membrane HOs as that's how I used to do it on Live?

It can take them, but the recharge component does nothing for those powers.

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 5:50 AM, MoonSheep said:

The Lord said unto’h his creations: I have bestowed you with free will. You may choose to follow in my light and select ice mastery, with its powerful debuffing abilities, or you may stray and pick some other power that a knuckle head would choose. The choice is yours my disciples 📿🙏

The Dominator Testament, 13:7 - 14

This passage seems like it was originally written by some scaly creature to lead others astray.  This feels more like a hype job than anything, and anything worth its salt won't need parable's written for them.  What's next? Gonna offer us some apples?

Those with more ingenuity and foresight will know to see the forest of better Dominator Epic Pools behind this tiny bush of a tree one trick pony Ice Mastery. 

Ezekiel 12:35

Amen!

*whispers* Soul Mastery my child.

Edited by Mezmera
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2022 at 12:36 PM, Matthias1976 said:

What ranged combat power combos are the most overpowered? I don't do PVP. 

Throwing in my vote for Ice/Ice/Cold Blaster. Nasty damage, lots of control, safe as houses to play. 

Also DP/Martial/Mace Blaster. Be the heroic bloodshed Gun Fu badass you always knew you were. Feels epic, also very tough.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds