Alternate Dominant-Hands for Weapons

I would really like to be able to hold a katana or a titan weapon with a right-hand-dominant grip. I'm picky about that type of thing and can't find myself able to play with those powers because it bugs me that it's left-handed. Alternatively, make it to that normally right-handed weapons can be held with a left hand.

• Like 1

It's not just what hand you hold the weapon in; the animations for the attacks and idling tie into how the character moves, so it would be necessary to create a second version of all the animations in a powerset and all the possible secondaries where they interact with the primaries to allow you have your weapon in your other hand.

The mirror might be the key though.  Older games than this had mirror mode.  Mario Kart 64 had it in 1996.  If it were possible to apply mirror mode to a character and not the entire game,  then anyone could be left or right handed on any character.  Minecraft has this functionality already,  using a name tag with 'Grumm' or 'Dinnerbone' will flip an entity upside down without affecting the rest of the game.  It would goof a few chest emblems that are numbers or letters and thats about it.  And even though the idea is simple,  it doesnt mean that implementation would be.

Whether by character only mirroring or by brand new animations, being able to choose your character's handedness is fine with me.

Edit: Not just for weapons either, though that is a good starting point. Being able to fire your fire blasts or whatever from either your right or left hands to show your primary handedness makes sense for a followup to the OP.

Edited by Rudra