Replace Alignment icon in character selection with the Archetype icon

Lich

In character select, I would prefer to see a large icon depicting each character's Archetype instead of the large icon that currently denotes that character's alignment. I feel like it would make it easier to remember which character is which. I know that this info is written out underneath the entries, and is also available if you select them, but I feel the visual icon association is really important to the at a glance info that is available, considerably moreso than hero vs villain.

Honestly, let's just go for "Big selection screen revamp." There are so many ideas with so many things people want to see (and customize) - more filters, sorting, having actual "pages" (which the current screen, to my understanding, doesn't really understand,) various sorts of data on the character and more. (And maybe the *option* to share character data or export it.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Honestly, let's just go for "Big selection screen revamp." There are so many ideas with so many things people want to see (and customize) - more filters, sorting, having actual "pages" (which the current screen, to my understanding, doesn't really understand,) various sorts of data on the character and more. (And maybe the *option* to share character data or export it.)

This is what I want to see, though I suspect it would take a lot more work than it's worth.

What this team needs is more Defenders

6 minutes ago, Greycat said:

This is a bigger project, but it's probably the way to go eventually.

Just the ability to sort by name/archetype/level/alignment at any given time (or, dare I dream it, a two- or three- or four-level version of that -- sort by Alignment, then AT, then level) would be a massive QOL improvement. It's one of those things that probably wasn't needed in the before-times, but with a thousand character slots, some additional organizational tools are needed.

In fact, with the looming name release policy implementation, being able to sort by number of days since last login would save a lot of headaches too.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

12 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

This is what I want to see, though I suspect it would take a lot more work than it's worth.

I'd argue (and I suspect I'd have quite a bit of agreement) that it's most certainly *worth* the work.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.