Trying to decide on a power set and AT

I saw that the hologram of the Crey Scorpinoid Tank is available at the vendor at the Vaults. Vert cool look but I am undecided as to which offense to use. Energy melee? Radiation Melee? Electric Melee? And which AT would benefit the most? Tank? Scrapper? Stalker? For a defensive power, I'm getting a Shield Defense vibe. Specifically the energy one since it would go on the left arm seeing as it's an arm cannon.

Edited by Stunticon_Mechanic
image wasnt showing up

4 minutes ago, Stunticon_Mechanic said:

I saw that the hologram of the Crey Scorpinoid Tank is available at the vendor at the Vaults. Vert cool look but I am undecided as to which offense to use. Energy melee? Radiation Melee? Electric Melee? And which AT would benefit the most? Tank? Scrapper? Stalker? For a defensive power, I'm getting a Shield Defense vibe. Specifically the energy one since it would go on the left arm seeing as it's an arm cannon.

they tend to be energy straight up i think if you are a purist

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Stunticon_Mechanic said:

I've never encountered those enemies; I assume they're found redside? How is the dmg for a energy melee tank?

energy is meh.  if you want to excel (and the crash does not irritate) go SS.  if you want to teleport AoE electric

energy is not horrid, since changes recently.  just not....wow

Edited by Snarky

2 minutes ago, Stunticon_Mechanic said:

Super strength? Color me intrigued. Tank would be good? or Brute? Ty for giving me your thoughts by the way!

tank is good, but benefits less from recent tanker changes in that SS was the one least improved for tanks.  footstomp was judged too good already.  SS you are going to be using footstomp and knockout blow at high level, a lot

brute will do more damage

Edited by Snarky

3 minutes ago, Snarky said:

tank is good, but benefits less from recent tanker changes in that SS was the one least improved for tanks.  footstomp was judged too good already.  SS you are going to be using footstomp and knockout blow at high level, a lot

brute will do more damage

Thank you! I might as well make a temporal warrior and test out different versions. Your feedback has been insightful!

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Stunticon_Mechanic said:

Thank you! I might as well make a temporal warrior and test out different versions. Your feedback has been insightful!

You can test out different options - you have 1000 character slots.  Create something on a whim and play for a while.  Table it if you want to try something else.  Actually, trying different versions of a Brute or a Tank could offer you some valuable insight as to what works and what you like,

To clarify, if you choose Super Strength, you will be using Punch, Knockout Blow, Foot Stomp, and Rage next to Boxing, and Cross Punch (cause the rest of SS sucks, and you have to take one of the first two powers).

Having said that, Radiation Armor/SS Tanker is incredibly fun to run, and grab the Soul Mastery for Gloom and Dark Obliteration for added kicks and it's practically unstoppable. Radiation will give you that slight "poisony" feel of being a Scorpion in theme, SS if very brutish still with more "Rawr!" than Energy Melee. I'd also say Radiation Melee wouldn't be a bad choice either, has a lot of solid AoE spread and can still be punchy.

2 hours ago, Stunticon_Mechanic said:

I've never encountered those enemies; I assume they're found redside? How is the dmg for a energy melee tank?

They are part of Black Scorpion's patron arc - basically, Crey got a hold of his suit schematics and tried making their own knockoffs.  AFAIK, it is just a Crey Power tank with an additional attack from the tail.  If that is the case, then the question you need to ask yourself is whether you want both the melee and ranged energy attacks, (go with a blaster), or if you want to be tougher, and get melee attacks elsewhere, (like a sentinel with energy blast and maybe air superiority or some fighting melee attacks).

Edited by biostem

1 hour ago, Sir Myshkin said:

To clarify, if you choose Super Strength, you will be using Punch, Knockout Blow, Foot Stomp, and Rage next to Boxing, and Cross Punch (cause the rest of SS sucks, and you have to take one of the first two powers).

Having said that, Radiation Armor/SS Tanker is incredibly fun to run, and grab the Soul Mastery for Gloom and Dark Obliteration for added kicks and it's practically unstoppable. Radiation will give you that slight "poisony" feel of being a Scorpion in theme, SS if very brutish still with more "Rawr!" than Energy Melee. I'd also say Radiation Melee wouldn't be a bad choice either, has a lot of solid AoE spread and can still be punchy.

I heartily disagree with about half this and I have spent years on SS

Everyone runs and builds different.  Find your best version