Brute's Advantage

Rudra

On 12/28/2022 at 5:21 AM, Rudra said:

This request will likely upset many players. At least the Tanker players. Anyway, the request is simple:

Give Brute's back their advantage. Give them back their higher damage output.

When CoV launched, Brute's had the advantage of higher damage output compared to Tankers. Tankers had the better starting resists (and in some cases defense), but Brutes had the better damage. At least when they got their Fury going. However, I tried building a Tanker and a Brute with the exact same powers and enhancements. Admittedly, it was in Mids. And the Tanker had better damage resist. The Tanker had better END recovery compared to END use. The Tanker had better HP. The Tanker had the better status protections and status resists. They had more or less the same defense and regeneration though. And surprisingly, the Tanker had the better damage even though both builds were operating at the same 126% damage. Even with the Fury bar maxxed out, which is something no Brute can accomplish in game because of the insane rate of decay, the Tanker was doing much better damage than the Brute.

So I'm at a loss as to what the Brute can do that isn't done hands down better by the Tanker. If anyone can explain to me what advantage the Brute still enjoys over Tankers, I will consider deleting/hiding this request.

The Brutes were the red side version of Tankers. Tankers took damage better than Brutes, or at least had an easier time achieving max resists, but the Brute AT was the more damage focused red side version of Tankers. And before anyone chimes in with MMs are the red side version of Tankers, that isn't true and was never the design. MMs got Bodyguard Mode after the fact because MM players were complaining that mobs were ignoring all their pets and butchering the MMs. MMs weren't the red side equivalent of any blue side AT.

People see to much into Mids rather than actual testing in game lol. Try the test server for a better comparison. Check in game also as Mids gets it wrong quite often.

Edited by Gobbledegook
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Stalkers were sad.

wow

the hate is real folks.. 😛

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

4 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

People see to much into Mids rather than actual testing in game lol. Try the test server for a better comparison. Check in game also as Mids gets it wrong quite often.

I actually play Brutes. (And people ask me why bother when Tankers are better.) I use Mids to plan out my characters' development. However, on the character I was planning that started this thread, I wasn't sure whether the character should be a Scrapper, Tanker, or Brute. So I built a version of all of them and ran comparisons to see which fit the idea better. And was dismayed when I saw the Tanker build had better everything compared to the Brute. Which was a glitch in Mids, but here we are.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/9/2023 at 1:55 PM, Luminara said:

Amazon.com: Anal Ese Cream Cherry 0.5 Oz : Health & Household

How many merits is *this* ATO?!?! Asking for … um… an alt.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

• 3 weeks later
On 1/8/2023 at 6:58 PM, Snarky said:

So.... You missed the whole City of Villains era didn't you...?

What was your point of saying that??  - I was talking about NOW, you know, Now? I was saying Brutes needed some reason - some thing that the others *don't do* and you just can't see past your forum 'leetness to brain that.

If you can't answer the serious question or find rational thought than perhaps saying nothing is your best option. 
IRL you wouldn't be a douche, right? So why now?

(I apologize in advance to the devs/moderators -- but F*** this guy. Grow up. --- Go ahead call for a ban, Snarky and anyone else who thinks that kind of douchebaggery is okay... as you can see, I don't live on here like you thousands of post folks. So tired of forum jockeys being dicks. Good night.)

Edited by AlabasterKnight

I still believe good guys wear white hats and it's okay hold doors for others.

Original Server: Protector  ||  Supergroup: The Garrison <||>  Homecoming Server: Excelsior  ||  Supergroup: The Watchguard

10 minutes ago, AlabasterKnight said:

What was your point of saying that??  - I was talking about NOW, you know, Now? I was saying Brutes needed some reason - some thing that the others *don't do* and you just can't see past your forum 'leetness to brain that.

i see your genius now.  put a suggestion in to streamline the game and delete the AT

You delete Brutes over my Sav/Rad's dead body!  And good luck because he's got capped Resists!

Edit:  Seriously, though, Brutes are fun.  That's all the reason they need to exist.  I feel like they're interchangeable enough with Tankers for the role of a tank and are perfectly capable of good DPS.  If you get passed over in a group cuz you're a Brute then they're gits and doing you a favor.

Edited by dangeraaron10
  • Like 2