empty maps/maps vides

Blyzzard

Hello
Would it be possible to have maps a little more filled?
I mean filled with furniture, labs, pnj etc.
The game has been around since 2004 and the number of empty maps with just enemies is amazing.
In 2004 I could understand that computers weren't as powerful as they are now, but now it's time for a change.
Yes I know there are other things to do but for me seeing empty maps spoils the fun a bit.
Basically that there is some life in these maps.

I put you a screenshot

Thanks to you

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Bonjour
Serait-il possible d'avoir des maps un peu plus remplies ?
Je veux dire emplies par du mobilier, des labos, des pnj etc
Le jeu existe depuis 2004 et le nombre de maps vides avec juste des ennemis c'est hallucinant.
En 2004 je pouvais comprendre les ordinateurs n'étaient pas aussi puissants que maintenant, mais là il serait tant que ça évolue un peu.
Oui je sais il y a d'autres choses à faire mais pour moi voir des maps vides gâchent un peu le plaisir de jeu.
En gros qu'il y ait de la vie dans ces maps.

Je vous met un screenshot

Merci à vous

screenshot_220610-02-06-32.jpg

4 hours ago, Blyzzard said:

Bonjour

Bonjour, cher citoyen de Paragon City!

Il s'agit d'une nouvelle carte de style conçue pour une équipe complète de 8 à x8 +> 4.
Je ne vois que vous sur la carte, et je suppose qu'il y avait plus d'une foule dans cette pièce.
Il y a des situations où ces pièces sont vides, mais c'est rare à moins qu'il y ait une embuscade sur le chemin.

Si vous souhaitez voir plus d'ennemis dans la salle, veuillez rejoindre des équipes avec plus de membres et ajuster votre notoriété pour augmenter la taille de spawn.

Google translated

Good day, fellow citizen of Paragon City!

This is a new style map designed for a full team of 8 at x8+>4.

I only see you on the map, and I guess there was more than one crowd in that room.

There are situations where these rooms are empty, but that's rare unless there's an ambush in the way.

If you want to see more enemies in the room, please join teams with more members and adjust your notoriety to increase spawn size.

• Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

It's funny that you chose a sterile facility map as the example. (Those tend to not be cluttered.) Compare that map to the various warehouse maps where there is no room for anything. The map isn't empty because of dated system performance, it is empty because of facility design. Praetorian maps maintain a sterile appearance because Praetoria presents itself as a "safe, clean, properly organized environment where the people are looked after" as opposed to the "chaos and clutter of Primal Earth".

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add missing "properly organized".
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I do agree that praetorian maps look ok without 'stuff' but also the complete lack of stuff in many rooms is somewhat out of place.  A few computers or some lab equipment wouldnt be the end of the world.  But we're talking praetoria so maybe it would be the end of the world.

• Like 1

I'd also like to see more groups get properly-themed maps -- the 'check out Nemesis base' missions in generic lab maps, instead of wood paneling with brass accents and steampunk equipment, or even going back to a Victorian esthetic, like the Crossness Pumping Station:

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Rudra said:

It's funny that you chose a sterile facility map as the example. (Those tend to not be cluttered.) Compare that map to the various warehouse maps where there is no room for anything. The map isn't empty because of dated system performance, it is empty because of facility design. Praetorian maps maintain a sterile appearance because Praetoria presents itself as a "safe, clean, properly organized environment where the people are looked after" as opposed to the "chaos and clutter of Primal Earth".

Des maps comme celle-là il y en a plusieurs a Pretoria. Tout ce qu'il y a dedans ce sont des mobs et rien d'autre. Dans ces maps (comme celle-là) il n'y a même pas un bureau, une chaise une affiche ou quoi que ce soit. Vous voyez quand même bien qu'il n'y a rien dans cette pièce quand même ??? Rien au sol, des étagères vides aux murs... Vous les voyez j'espère sinon c'est inquiétant !

Je ne demande pas un truc délirant, mais juste que ça fasse réel.

Most Praetorian lab maps are intentionally empty. Some of the maps were apparently made for the empty spaces to be filled with Clockwork in storage and got used for other missions as well. Those same Clockwork attack you because they are active, but having other things clutter the nice, pristine, "orderly" Clockwork storage is against the theme of Praetoria. The Praetorians tend to hide their clutter. Yes, there should be some storage shelves and some work desks on the maps, but they are basically empty because the Praetorian presentation is sterile. Overly sanitized. You can see pretty much the same thing in the Praetorian office maps. Their office maps are much more sensible to me than the regular office maps, but they can be considered empty compared to the regular office maps because Praetoria is all about control and appearance. Even the Praetorian sewers are amazingly clean. Because it is all about the glitter, and the rot is hidden. And because it is all about a sterile and orderly appearance, the work is hidden.

(Yes though, I would be fine with the Praetorian lab maps having some shelves or work desks in some of the areas. Even if those spaces are meant as Clockwork storage areas. Having a computer desk means you have the means of processing the Clockwork's data prior to shipping. And with mob placement on the maps, you can fit the shelves or computer desks along the walls without causing issues, I think.)

(Edit: I also find it funny that you thumbs down anyone trying to explain the maps to you.)

Edited by Rudra

On 1/11/2023 at 6:33 AM, Blyzzard said:

Bonjour

On 1/11/2023 at 6:33 AM, Blyzzard said:

Thanks to you

J'ai pris le temps de te répondre. Et votre seule réponse est un pouce vers le bas ?
Tu n'as même pas eu la courtoisie d'expliquer pourquoi tu n'étais pas d'accord avec ce que j'avais à dire ?
Tout ce que j'ai dit était légitime sur la base de ma compréhension de ce que vous aviez posté.
Vous avez apparemment un problème avec ce que j'ai dit dont vous n'avez pas pris la peine de discuter.
Je prends le temps de traduire et d'essayer de vous être utile.
Je m'offusque.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.