Purchase Experienced Buff with Empyrean Merits

I am always seeking out the experienced buff, especially for my characters 35-49. A thought occurred that this could be a way to drain emp merits from the economy now that converting to reward merits don't work. Maybe they could be used to purchase the experienced buff. Maybe some of the other buffs like windfall could also be purchased like this? Just a random idea. 

• Like 1

<Witch> of Everlasting

<Mythical Creature> of Excelsior
Global Name: @Mythical Creature
"Monsters are real and they look like people." - Unknown

It's not that I'm against the idea... I just don't think it's necessary.

Empyrean merits have basically been completely drained from the economy because there's just not anything you can convert them into that is worth anything to anyone but your own account.  So yes, people will have hordes of them, but it's to nobody's detriment.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

10 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Empyrean merits have basically been completely drained from the economy because there's just not anything you can convert them into that is worth anything to anyone but your own account.

That's kind of what I was thinking, are they good for anything once you feel you've had enough?  I'm no expert but I thought that was what led to the complaints once they killed the conversion to merit rewards, "now we have nothing to do with them!"

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

"now we have nothing to do with them!"

T4 an alt? I mean shit that's pretty awesome right there.

Maybe try a different Incarnate ability rather than just the one suggested when coping a forum build.

We can have alternate abilities. That'll gobble up the monster caches of emps.

These are, of course, merely suggestions. Folks should play how they want.. unless they copied a build, then they're really playing someone else's way.. but I digress..

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Troo said:

Maybe try a different Incarnate ability rather than just the one suggested when coping a forum build.

These are, of course, merely suggestions. Folks should play how they want.. unless they copied a build, then they're really playing someone else's way.. but I digress..

Oh, even if they copy a build, unless they're afk farming, they'll have subtly different play styles.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Troo said:

All good ideas, if one can sustain interest in a single toon long enough for that, which I don't do; I think at best I have two toons out say 20 fifties that are T3 on everything. 

That said, that was me quoting the uproar, not necessarily my stand on the topic (although...).

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

All good ideas, if one can sustain interest in a single toon long enough for that, which I don't do; I think at best I have two toons out say 20 fifties that are T3 on everything. 

That said, that was me quoting the uproar, not necessarily my stand on the topic (although...).

CD5, yeah I'm just putting it out there. Not at you.

I realized I shouldn't have gone Muscular on one character and it sure felt expensive to switch to a different ability. I was glad to have some emps left over.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum