Altaholics Anonymous

Tigersoul78

Somehow I've managed to limit myself to two characters at the present (well, I've made a whole bunch more but I'm only playing two) as I really do want to get at least one of them up to 50. Once I've done that though, I suspect the floodgates will open for me, and I'll have a dozen or so toons on the go....

Like I keep telling people... I don't have Multiple Alts Disorder (MAD) I have Multiple Mains Syndrome (MMS). I love all my characters equally, even the toons I've made just to help new people learn how to play with certain ATs.

No I think we're all fine.  But I would like to see a character creator on Android or iOS so when we are unable to launch the game we're never too far away from creating a character!

Emergencies happen yano!

I've always been an altoholic regardless of game.  I have multiple servers full of characters in WoW and EQ.  Even the Final Fantasy MMOs, where you only need one character, I made and played multiple characters. Also, I don't get hardly any to level cap, only 3 characters in nearly 20 years of MMO playing have ever been level capped for the time.  I'm only up to 11 characters here, but I have limited playing time and my highest character so far is 17.

Excelsior

Nightsaber - DM/DA Scrapper

Angel Shots - DP/Rad Sentinel

Sweet and Innocent - SJ/Inv Brute

Treevenge - Plant/Thorn Dominator

Hello, I'm Mister Mass & I'm an altoholic.  Back on old servers, I had dozens of characters, most of them recreations of concepts from PnP Champions campaigns dating back to 1981.  I had 7 50s blue-side & 3 50s red-side, almost all of them fully-Incarnated, along with a lots of other alts scattered across the levels.  After NCSoft shuttered the game, I eventually recreated many of them on DCUO, but it was never the same.

Now that Homecoming has brought my City back to me, I am controlling my altoholic tendencies.  I have only recreated 6 of my characters so far.  And I am focusing on just one for now, doing all of the missions from the contacts as I level up, turning off xp to complete each contact's missions.  But once Mister Mass hits 50, I know that the siren call of my alts will be irresistible.

Hello, I'm Mister Mass & I'm an altoholic.  And I'm okay with that. :)

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

I've got "only" 12-15 characters, but no one is capped yet (I've got three heroes into their 30s, and two villains into the high 20s, one of which I think is about to really take off).  I keep on getting the urge to recreate guys from "back in the day," even when it means making a slightly different build (like when I rerolled my old Kin/Elec Defender as an Elec/Kin Controller).  I don't see the problem abating any time soon, as I keep on saying to myself, "Hey, remember [some other random character I haven't yet created]?  You should totally remake him!"  And then I do, and get him up to like 20, and find that those high 20s & 30s guys are standing there, impatiently tapping their feet...

And yes, as I type this, I'm looking down at my desk at work and seeing the chicken-scratched version of the new Stalker I want to get rolling tonight.  <sigh>

Well....Ummm...Ya well, I have had my share of Characters not completed on the old servers...I did get quite a few up to 50...a scrapper, a blaster and even a peace bringer...all with the help of dedicated COH friends...I admit, I have made A LOT of characters on the Justin here...The people and powers that be totally pissed me off when they nerfed scrappers on the original servers...whinny complaining people.. if you did not want OP characters, leveling from rooftops, either dont do it or find a different character or game to play...there was no PVP that I remember back in those days...the nerve of those folks but I digress. here I can just keep creating and deleting those nasty little buggers until I find the perfect Character... and I have done my fair share of trying is all I will admit to!!!!!

The Original Hangover since the early 90's...this asks for your birth date...WHAT you NEED a birth date? I don't know mine..forgot it, gave mine away years ago um No thanks...do not need a new one.

I've been forcing myself to play the characters I've currently made, which is now about 12. (probably more) I believe I have every AT except stalker. I've been doing this for a few weeks now, so I can actually get one of them to max level and have an income inflow. The problem is, when I'm away from the game, I am thinking of alts and power combos and old characters or characters from other games I could make. I could easily have double the amount I currently have, but I just don't have any time to actually play them. Help me!

On live, I had characters on every U.S. server, just because it made more slots available.  Even after years of play, I didn't have a single character at 50 (I believe my highest was ~38).  When the servers went down, I saved everything.  Sentinel+ files for over a dozen of my favorites, screenshots of several dozen more characters, and well over a hundred saved costume files.

When I found Homecoming a couple of weeks ago, I set to work recreating everything I could, and coming up with some new ones along the way.  I currently have 39 characters, with more planned.  None of them have hit level 10 yet (highest is 7).  So far, I've been playing each character for about 20 minutes at a time, just until the Patrol XP is used up, then I switch to another.  I keep thinking I should pick one or two and focus on them, but so far haven't been able to settle on which one, so I keep rotating through them all.

I definitely spend more time in the character creator than actually in the game; I can literally get lost in there for hours exploring possibilities for concepts.

Do I have a problem? 

No I think we're all fine.  But I would like to see a character creator on Android or iOS so when we are unable to launch the game we're never too far away from creating a character!

Emergencies happen yano!

So, the CoX altaholics version of a hip flask?  I'd be good with that.