Crey Protectors, huh.

Marine X

Ran into a trio of Crey Protectors in Crey's Folly over the weekend, they were level 33, my Scrapper was level 37 and pretty well equipped. Was never able to make more than about 1 attack a minute land and they couldn't really hurt me either, so after about 20 minutes of futile clicking I decided it just wasn't worth it and left. They were virtually untouchable and it was a little demoralizing, but seeing 3 of them alone without any other Crey seemed like an odd occurance. They all 3 had both of their Shields up and running. Since at that point they were only susceptible to Psyonics, which I don't have, it was a waste of time. Tough Critters.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

You run across those guys all the time running Manticore's TF.  You end up in Crey's Folly having to down 40 or so Crey.  I usually try to skip them but the pickings can be slim if you don't know where to look.   Fortunately, it's usually a whole team looking and doesn't take long.

I don't recall them being that hard to hit.  Maybe someone on a Manti had been through just recently and aggroed them without putting them down.

32 minutes ago, ZemX said:

You run across those guys all the time running Manticore's TF.  You end up in Crey's Folly having to down 40 or so Crey.  I usually try to skip them but the pickings can be slim if you don't know where to look.   Fortunately, it's usually a whole team looking and doesn't take long.

I don't recall them being that hard to hit.  Maybe someone on a Manti had been through just recently and aggroed them without putting them down.

when they mog they are near impossible to hit

4 minutes ago, Snarky said:

when they mog they are near impossible to hit

You may be thinking of Paragon Protectors.  Crey Protectors are the armor suited dudes that put up Force Field powers like Dispersion Bubble and Deflection Shield.  That does give the trios you can run across in Crey's Folly MoG levels of defense though when they overlap.  I can't recall if they put those powers on immediately or only in response to being damaged.  I can say for whatever reason, I usually don't have trouble taking them down.  They take longer but are not impossible, so I might need to check them out again.  I try to avoid them just in the interest of time on a Manti TF, which is 9 times out of 10 a speed run.

The tenth time is a +4 where the team lead wasn't 35, the whole thing is bugged, and we're down a man because the vampire quit!🤬

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I recently ran Janet Kellum's Countess Crey arc for the first time since HC buffed the Crey a few issues back. The Eliminators now have -perception. The Crisis Units now have confuse. The Juggernauts now have taunt. And the Rad/Rad Paragon Protector Elites are no joke (unresistable Enervating Field and Lingering Radiation).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

15 minutes ago, Uun said:

And the Rad/Rad Paragon Protector Elites are no joke (unresistable Enervating Field and Lingering Radiation).

Yeah, ever since I learned about Tar Patches and Enervating Fields being unresistable, I have made sure to keep a few resistance values in my combat monitor at all times so I know when to bravely run away (away) from the fight with my resistance-based tanker.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please @Snarky, don't kick the hornets nest. At least run a distraction afterwards by getting some spam going so we can unite on something else.

• Haha 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

5 hours ago, Marine X said:

Ran into a trio of Crey Protectors in Crey's Folly over the weekend, they were level 33, my Scrapper was level 37 and pretty well equipped. Was never able to make more than about 1 attack a minute land and they couldn't really hurt me either, so after about 20 minutes of futile clicking I decided it just wasn't worth it and left. They were virtually untouchable and it was a little demoralizing, but seeing 3 of them alone without any other Crey seemed like an odd occurance. They all 3 had both of their Shields up and running. Since at that point they were only susceptible to Psyonics, which I don't have, it was a waste of time. Tough Critters.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Eh, I've seen them standing in trios in Crey's on their own before... not infrequently, come to think of it.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.