New HC SubReddit

Scutt

27 minutes ago, rebeloutlaw said:

and here we go again tried to log in and no good 

If you're not just trolling the forum, looking to get booted as a nuisance here's your answer.

You CANNOT log into the same account multiple times in a simultaneous fashion.

Each user has to have their own discrete account in the game.

And since accounts are free, there's no sane point to trying to share accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

15 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

If you're not just trolling the forum, looking to get booted as a nuisance here's your answer.

You CANNOT log into the same account multiple times in a simultaneous fashion.

Each user has to have their own discrete account in the game.

And since accounts are free, there's no sane point to trying to share accounts.

is that the craziness they have been trying to communicate?

• Haha 1

I'm mildly amused at some of the criticisms of Reddit culture. Not because they aren't true, but they equally apply to this forum and its users, or any venue for online discussion in general.

With that said, more places to talk about CoH and more online communities is never a bad thing, so I wish the subreddit success. In nature as in society, diversity is strength.

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

is that the craziness they have been trying to communicate?

That was lost on me, I thought that was some chat bot AI drivel.

Edit: Even @GM Widower took to fixing one of their posts I couldn't understand.

Screenshot_20230211_151029_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ae19ed0fbf5e48f8670b9b5b7a9bf588.jpg

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Zect said:

I'm mildly amused at some of the criticisms of Reddit culture. Not because they aren't true, but they equally apply to this forum and its users, or any venue for online discussion in general.

With that said, more places to talk about CoH and more online communities is never a bad thing, so I wish the subreddit success. In nature as in society, diversity is strength.

Hey!  We've started up a CoH group in a Hepatitis-infected outhouse!
Come on in!  It'll be fun!

<PASS!>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hilarious to me seeing people shut down the idea of a Homecoming Reddit based on the premise of it being inherently toxic.

Go look in a mirror. These boards are as toxic a place as any other for the community. Crapping on people for trying something new is not heroic. 

u/Acylion is probably hands-down the most helpful person I've ever encountered in the community and the only place I know they're active is on Reddit (though they might be elsewhere under a different name).

By contrast most of the personalities around here seem to be wrapped up in their own egos.

Honestly wish the best for Lady Vic and the HC Reddit. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Oh nice! I'll add it to my follows. Thanks, Lady Victory and Scutt!

• Like 2

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

50 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Hilarious to me seeing people shut down the idea of a Homecoming Reddit based on the premise of it being inherently toxic.

Go look in a mirror. These boards are as toxic a place as any other for the community. Crapping on people for trying something new is not heroic. 

u/Acylion is probably hands-down the most helpful person I've ever encountered in the community and the only place I know they're active is on Reddit (though they might be elsewhere under a different name).

By contrast most of the personalities around here seem to be wrapped up in their own egos.

50 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I love this community.
Thank you so much ❤️ .
I literally never use reddit at all (Outside of like, guild ads n random occasional takes on stuff I find through google), and am 90% of the time here or Discord, or just in game but
The space was sorely needed, so I'm glad that there are people who agree it's a decent ida.

All my love ❤️

Edited by Lady Victory - The Watch
  • Thumbs Up 2

𝕃𝕒𝕕𝕪 𝕍𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪
Captain of The Sentinels
Guild Leader of The Watch

Banner.png

1 hour ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I'm doing nothing of the sort.
I'm merely illuminating my perspective on Reddit and why I opt not to participate there.
You're entirely welcome to do your own thing over there.
You don't require my blessing (or the blessings of the HC crew).

As for "toxic".
I see this argument misused WAY too much.
It's entirely too easy to label anything you dislike or doesn't agree with your particular outlook as "toxic".
You're still welcome to make the claim.
Just realize that it's not an actual argument.  It's melodrama.
Just don't be surprised if some (like myself) simply don't accept this ad hom as valid.

Edited by Hyperstrike

yeah i made a off hand Snarky comment about if you like it better good riddance

and was told it was obvious i was personally insulted...

people need to dig a tad bit deeper to personally insult me. shovel? excavator? deep core drilling rig!

4 minutes ago, Snarky said:

yeah i made a off hand Snarky comment about if you like it better good riddance

and was told it was obvious i was personally insulted...

people need to dig a tad bit deeper to personally insult me. shovel? excavator? deep core drilling rig!

I just don't think we should really insult eachother at all personally, and would like to move this topic back to the positive vibes 😄

Anywhoo, yeah, thanks again guys! I just put a link up directing to the Discord and Forums! Hoping this does well to divert traffic a bit if people do happen on the SubRed :D.

2 minutes ago, battlewraith said:

He wouldn't make it to the party. He'd get the invite, see the address, and start complaining that the neighborhood sucks. That's analogous to what's happening here.

🏆

Edited by Lady Victory - The Watch
  • Like 1

𝕃𝕒𝕕𝕪 𝕍𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪
Captain of The Sentinels

Banner.png

26 minutes ago, Lady Victory - The Watch said:

I just don't think we should really insult eachother at all personally, and would like to move this topic back to the positive vibes 😄

Anywhoo, yeah, thanks again guys! I just put a link up directing to the Discord and Forums! Hoping this does well to divert traffic a bit if people do happen on the SubRed :D.

🏆

Missing the point.  I have no idea about you.  Maybe everyone insults you

For me to be insulted I have to care about your opinion, your wisdom, or something that makes a connection.   I have no idea who or what you are. Why would I care what you post?   Insulted?   No.  Mildly confused? Sure.  Like, should i try to explain or is this a lost cause.   I suppose I care enough about the forums to ramble on a bit.  Of course i am settled into my coffin.  People know i will post about anything during this time…. Hello anything!

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Mildly confused? Sure.

Yo Samesies.

Anyway-- Yeah! Thank you everyone volunteering to help and stuff, you've been very great and I appreciate the feedback ^.^ 😘

Totes taking suggestions or anything of the sort!

• Like 1

𝕃𝕒𝕕𝕪 𝕍𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪
Captain of The Sentinels

Banner.png

1 hour ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

The fact that you think I'm talking about you supports my other assertion well enough.

No.  Sorry, in case you never noticed, I have opinions about just about every damn thing on the map.

As such, my commentary ranges all over.  Whether you agree with them or not.

I disagreed with something that was said.

Doesn't mean I thought it was about me.

So if you wanna gaslight this crap?  Go ahead.
The only way you "win" something like that is if I give a damn about your attempts to push aggro.

• Thumbs Down 2

23 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

I don't use social media, I don't use Reddit, I don't go into Discord channels. I come to the official boards for info and the last thing I want to see is "Update is now LIVE: Details on REDDIT!" with a hyperlink I'll never click on.

My brother in Christ, what are you even talking about? The thread is about a Homecoming subreddit where people who use reddit can talk about Homecoming and post links to their SGs/VGs/etc without weirdness from the r/CityofHeroes mods. You've taken that and somehow made it about being forced at gunpoint to go to Reddit because you 'don't use social media.'

I'm...sorry for your imaginary inconvenience, I guess? I offer profound apologies for the thing that didn't actually happen but maybe might have in an alternate universe.

Real talk: nobody is going to force you to go anywhere, my dude. If you're not interested in reddit then this discussion literally has no bearing on you in any way, and will not impinge on your life, and you can go your way in peace.

Edited by Jacobkosh
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

We are why the mods drink.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

6 hours ago, Jacobkosh said:

My brother in Christ, what are you even talking about? The thread is about a Homecoming subreddit where people who use reddit can talk about Homecoming and post links to their SGs/VGs/etc without weirdness from the r/CityofHeroes mods. You've taken that and somehow made it about being forced at gunpoint to go to Reddit because you 'don't use social media.'

I'm...sorry for your imaginary inconvenience, I guess? I offer profound apologies for the thing that didn't actually happen but maybe might have in an alternate universe.

Real talk: nobody is going to force you to go anywhere, my dude. If you're not interested in reddit then this discussion literally has no bearing on you in any way, and will not impinge on your life, and you can go your way in peace.

Strawman: The Post.

I expressed my utter disdain for Reddit. This thread is about Reddit. It's bad enough that people here and the devs expect people to be in Discord if they want to be "the most up-to-date." Every community I've seen that starts trying to drum up more users to "check out Reddit" eventually transitions into news/updates being nearly exclusively uploaded to Reddit and nowhere else.

My post was about how I hate Reddit, which is directly related to my above point.

What was yours about, besides being belligerent for belligerent's sake? You've had that account for 4 years but your only 2 posts in all that time are in this thread, one in response to my own? I don't know if I should feel honored that my words moved you to action after such a long time, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this account is merely the alternate of someone else here that doesn't want their shit-flinging to be associated with their primary account.

But please, do go on.

Edited by ForeverLaxx

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.