Hogwarts inspired character

Marshal_General

I have started playing Hogwarts Legacy and it reminded me of a character concept I had forgotten that I need some help putting together.

Basically the character if female and went to a magic school like Hogwarts so would be young. She was kill by a dark wizard with the killing curse, but came back to life.

Partially.

She would look undead, but not full on zombie and look like she is wearing some sort of official magic school outfit.

I also need some AT and power set ideas though most of the spells I have found seem to be control natured.

This is the look I have so far.

Her name will be Avada Cadaver.

Avada Cadaver.JPG

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

single or even dual elemental Wizards are easy to make

Omni-wizards jackofall trades on the otherhand wont work out well

A fire/ice/lightning blaster was attempted

then an ice/fire/lightning blaster..

then i started to get stupid with a mind/fire dom thinking heat generation/manipulation can levitate things

then i thought wait a minute what about potions and using the experimentation pool's patch with something like Burn but i crossed the line being a battlemage instead of a wizard who am i?  griffindor as a bs/fire/experiment brute?

after that i said screw it and dusted off my ps1 and flipendo'd everything.  then i logged on everquest and ran around as a level 55 mage sicing my level 49 firepet on whatever i could

Looking at the list of spells, most do seem to be control related except for the attack spells and the few defensive ones. The game does give you a spell that allows you to throw objects at people so gravity seems to fit with propel, lift and the holds. Mind also has lift, holds and confusion, but the sleeps don't fit. Maybe I can use a new kind of magic with Symphony and claim I am casting Despacito.

• Thumbs Down 1

Magic Grav/Fire/Mu Domi with Hasten, Experimentation, Leadership, and Fighting with a flying carpet.

I think these power choices would give you a pretty good coverage of what's in Hogwarts Legacy, and some variation. Experimentation for your potions, hasten for domination. Leadership because your giving leadership to your house, and fighting because you're part of the super secret dueling club. Magic carpet because there's no broom.

• Like 1

Name suggestions that are probably annoying because you've probably already happily settled on your given choice:

Instead of Avada, which somehow feels like it's missing some letters to me, I'd go with either Arvada or Aubrey.  Both keep that sort of "abracadabra" cadence.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

14 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Name suggestions that are probably annoying because you've probably already happily settled on your given choice:

Instead of Avada, which somehow feels like it's missing some letters to me, I'd go with either Arvada or Aubrey.  Both keep that sort of "abracadabra" cadence.

The joke is that if you say her name it sounds like Avada Cadabra which is the death curse in Harry Potter.

Which is to say...

On 2/11/2023 at 9:27 AM, Marshal_General said:

I have started playing Hogwarts Legacy and it reminded me of a character concept I had forgotten that I need some help putting together.

Basically the character if female and went to a magic school like Hogwarts so would be young. She was kill by a dark wizard with the killing curse, but came back to life.

Partially.

She would look undead, but not full on zombie and look like she is wearing some sort of official magic school outfit.

I also need some AT and power set ideas though most of the spells I have found seem to be control natured.

This is the look I have so far.

Her name will be Avada Cadaver.

Avada Cadaver.JPG

Depends.

I would suggest Gravity (or mind)/Fire/Mace Dominator, and take the steps to aim for perma dom.

The reason why I suggest Mace over Mu is because you don't get a lot of lightning in the game (even if avada cavabra LOOKS like lightning). And Mace gives you access to Scorpion Shield and Personal Force Field -- both of which are powerful defensive tools that simulate the defensive spells you get in the game.

From Gravity I'd take Lift/Gravity Distortion/Propel and Wormhole (the AoE version of your control powers are things you SHOULD have for GAMEPLAY but Legacy doesnt really DO AoE's so, for authenticity, you don't need them). Lift is you Levioso, Gravity Distortion is your Stupefy, Propel simulates the ancient magic ability to chuck random objects at people, and Wormhole can act as a make-shift Accio, since you could place the wormhole's end point directly infront of you.

As for /Fire you get Flares which is like the basic cast from the game, Incinerate is a lot like Incindeo in that it's a high damage close range attack. Fire Blast *and* Blaze both serve as stand-ins for Expeliamas and Congringo respectively.

Now, for your unforgivable curses.

Sadly, you don't have a confuse here, which is why Mind may be a better choice overall as it has *MANY* of the same "spells" as Gravity, and even gets a few that Gravity doesnt, *BUT* if you want an "Imperio" you can swap your alignment to "Rogue" at Null the Gull and get a Confuse that way. The "Crucio" spell is kinda just a DoT so you could honestly use the "Crush" power to satisfy this? Crush also works a "Descendo" spell as well, sorta? That's up to you.

And finally, Blazing Bolt makes for a good stand-in for your killing curse, Avadakadavra. Being a snipe, it's gonna be your biggest, longest range "spell" that can kill plenty of enemies outright. You can even color it green for good measure.

image.png.ba0f23cbe1b62e59da509ab79e2e2a59.png

You can take "Stealth" and/or "Infiltration" powers from the concealment tree to simulate the invisibility spell you get.

Now, you don't get a flying broomstick, but you can buy a Flying Carpet from P2W, or you can take fly on your own.

Then just pick up Haste to help keep your cooldowns low and you now have a "build" you might see in Hogwarts Legacy. It's even a pretty ok build.

• Like 1

Resident certified baby

Did someone mention a broadsword/fire armor brute? Add a little Sorcery pool, and it works if you have an appropriate name...

Parry_Hotter.png

Edited by Milk Sheik
  • Haha 2

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

Yeah I am going to have to narrow down exactly what I want for spells as an American witch student. Since the throwing objects seems to be tied to ancient magic, I may skip that part of it and go for the spells the rest of the Wizarding world gets. I will also skip the curses like I am in game..

Providing I can ever stop playing through game.

Edited by Marshal_General
  • Thumbs Down 1

• 2 weeks later