Tab System

Hangover

I have stated this before but the tabbing system is so broken I am getting deaths by aggroing multiple mob groups...when you tab you expect the next mob to go closest to you, instead I am sending pets half way across the map after groups I never intended them to even if there are mobs close to my fighting position...please fix

The Original Hangover since the early 90's...this asks for your birth date...WHAT you NEED a birth date? I don't know mine..forgot it, gave mine away years ago um No thanks...do not need a new one.

I agree that it needs to be looked at. It's been this way since launch.

In the interim you could probably do something like /bind TAB target_enemy_near (which, by default, is what happens with ctrl+tab but that's clumsy). You'd lose the ability to hit tab to cycle through nearby enemies but you could maybe then change ctrl+tab to do that, depending on how often you do that sort of thing.

Thanks I will try that.

The Original Hangover since the early 90's...this asks for your birth date...WHAT you NEED a birth date? I don't know mine..forgot it, gave mine away years ago um No thanks...do not need a new one.

I always do /bind T "target_enemy_near", which leaves the Tab key intact, but gives me an easy key in reach of the QWE keys to always focus on the closest target...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I dont remember tab targeting being this bad before. In fact I used to brag about this game and its targeting system. I do t ever remember it being bad, but it sure is now. It will target everything BUT my intended target.

I dont remember tab targeting being this bad before. In fact I used to brag about this game and its targeting system. I do t ever remember it being bad, but it sure is now. It will target everything BUT my intended target.

It's always been like this...my trick from above was something I've done since I first learned binds in Live...

Being a melee scrapper can be so annoying when everything you target is out of range...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Being a melee scrapper can be so annoying when everything you target is out of range...

All of my Scrapper's attacks have target_enemy_near bound to them. While that does produce occasional issues like a minion edging closer than the boss I'm working on, forcing me to reposition, overall it's a sanity-saver.

Until I get back into binds I've been nudging Escape to reset the tab distance.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I use my numpad for firing off all my powers, so I have the following binds:

. is bound to the nearest enemy

+ is the next enemy

-  is the previous enemy.

It's easier for me to do that and keep my fingers on the WASD keys for moving.

It's always been like this...my trick from above was something I've done since I first learned binds in Live...

I LOLed pretty hard at this one...because I have been there and I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, lol.