Can we move characters between accounts

Stormangel

No, moving characters from one account to another isn't something that can be done. Or rather, it's not something that's ever been done on Homecoming or Live - I can't actually say 100% that it can't be done period because Not A Dev™. The closest thing that players are allowed to do is copy characters from the live shards to the Beta/Testing shards, but they're still locked to that specific account.

The only option currently to get that Blaster on your main account is to make them fresh on said main account and level them up to the same point. On the plus side though, you can still totally keep the original farming version under a different name so it's not like the progression is lost. Use that version to test build changes, dual-box as your character's own clone, use them as bonus loot storage - there's options!

Edited by El D
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

• Game Master

We get asked this a lot and the simple answer is no. The complicated answer is also no, but it involves discussions of how each character is stored in the database with unique numbers and are tied to accounts also with unique numbers. If for example a character is accidentally duplicated both characters are locked until Cipher does some kind of dark incantation and probably sacrifices a rotisserie chicken which takes him quite a while. He has to get the grease off the keyboard for a start.......

It was looked into, but sadly it's a mess up in the high levels of admin and most of the time touching one thing breaks five other things unexpectedly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

We get asked this a lot and the simple answer is no. The complicated answer is also no, but it involves discussions of how each character is stored in the database with unique numbers and are tied to accounts also with unique numbers. If for example a character is accidentally duplicated both characters are locked until Cipher does some kind of dark incantation and probably sacrifices a rotisserie chicken which takes him quite a while. He has to get the grease off the keyboard for a start.......

It was looked into, but sadly it's a mess up in the high levels of admin and most of the time touching one thing breaks five other things unexpectedly. 

Surely it couldn't possibly be more complicated than copying the unique account identifier and pasting it over the old one on the character you want to move. SURELY. 😂

I mean who doesn't enjoy a good ritual rotisserie sacrifice?

7 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

If for example a character is accidentally duplicated both characters are locked until Cipher does some kind of dark incantation and probably sacrifices a rotisserie chicken which takes him quite a while. He has to get the grease off the keyboard for a start.......

The implication being that he 'sacrifices' the chicken by beating it with the keyboard?

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.