Color Pallets for Costume pieces and Powers.

Zep

I suspect there may be some sort of system limitation, if possible though could it be changed from a pallet of specific colors to a more modern Color Picker including Hex codes such as this ( https://htmlcolorcodes.com/color-picker/ ) or the many similar tools out there.

• Like 1

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

They'd probably have to completely rework the entire character creator.  There are some pieces that clearly consist of colors we can't directly select, so it's not an engine limitation per se.  My guess is that the current grid system was setup to try and simplify color matching for less technically inclined players.

Just for the record, I am in favor of having more colors available.

PS:  Anyone remember when there wasn't a "true" black as a selectable option?

10 hours ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

one of the other Rouge servers has a  color picker like what you shared, so it can be done.  it just isn't something they are doing here.

Can we pick "rouge" on those Rouge servers? 

Jokes aside, thumbs up on this from me too.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Can we pick "rouge" on those Rouge servers? 

That's all you CAN pick. Other colours are banned.

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

If you open the costume file in notepad, you can type in any RGB values for any piece. And when you load that costume file, it will even appear that way in the tailor window. But when you try to lock it in, anything other than the swatches will give you an error message about not being allowed to pick that colour, unless a given server has specifically made changes to the list of colours that are accepted for certain pieces.

I think the intent was to disallow skin tones from tights.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aida LaCanthe said:

I think the intent was to disallow skin tones from tights.

Considering that it's the warmer colors that are less available, you may be on  to something there.  I'd never thought about that.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

A long time ago during live, something people did was make toons with skin-colored tights to make them look fully nude. Since this is a rated T game, that obviously can't be allowed, hence the lack of certain colors for costume pieces. 

I just wish it could be done on a per-piece basis instead of banning the colors from all parts. For example coloring some baggy camo pants or giant shoulder pads in skin tones won't make you look naked. 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

I've always been told that some colors on some textures worked the way they did to prevent players from making nude characters and that skin color palette options are not available anywhere else for the same reason. I get the game is rated T, but come on. That line of reasoning was always silly. The players that figured out how to do so anyway? Their characters looked like they were wearing skin-colored body suits. (Or they just looked silly. Very, very silly.) Never naked. Kind of hard to look naked missing key attributes.

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

I've always been told that some colors on some textures worked the way they did to prevent players from making nude characters and that skin color palette options are not available anywhere else for the same reason. I get the game is rated T, but come on. That line of reasoning was always silly. The players that figured out how to do so anyway? Their characters looked like they were wearing skin-colored body suits. (Or they just looked silly. Very, very silly.) Never naked. Kind of hard to look naked missing key attributes.

I'm of a mind that it was a "look, here are steps we've taken to keep the game T-rated" kind of PR thing, more than how creative players can work around it.  That being said, I vaguely recall a discussion on how some parts of the game treat colors additively or something, in that applying a color necessarily causes it to blend with the existing underlying color, which is why some colors, when applied to faces, don't match how they look when applied to other parts...