Is this Possible?

hakurr

can a macro be created that would auto activate a power and upon completion of that power activate another power?

example: auto active burn and on completion activate foot stomp

Edited by hakurr

3 minutes ago, hakurr said:

can a macro be created that would auto activate a power and upon completion of that power activate another power?

It's intended not to be.

You can approximate it in some cases by activating a power and then setting another power to be your auto-activate power.

12 minutes ago, hakurr said:

Macros and binds can't determine when a power begins or ends animation or recharge, nor can they activate powers simultaneously (powers are activated sequentially, according to where in the string they're place, from last to first).

What you can do is create a macro or bind which activates a power, then loads a bind file which changes the macro or bind to activate a different power.

Example:  my Ice/Willpower sentinel uses one mouse button to activate both Blizzard and Ice Storm, alternating the bind with two bind files.

Blizzard bind file

button5 "powexec_location self Blizzard$$bindloadfilesilent e:\Games\Homecoming\settings\live\ice.txt"

Ice Storm bind file

button5 "powexec_location self Ice Storm$$bindloadfilesilent e:\Games\Homecoming\settings\live\bliz.txt"

When I activate Blizzard, the game reads bindloadfilesilent and loads ice.txt, which rebinds button5 to Ice Storm.  When I activate Ice Storm, the game reads bindloadfilesilent and loads bliz.txt.  Every time I press button5, the game activates whichever power is bound to it, finds the next bind file and loads it, which rebinds button5 to the next power.

So you can activate multiple powers with one key or button, but each activation requires a press.  You can't automate the whole process, the game requires you to interact to some degree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Luminara gave the perfect description.  With files.  I was just going to say "there is a way" to hit one button, have it do X and the next time you hit it do Y....then Z or back to X depending on its presets.  People like Luminara go that extra step.....and then take it another 26 miles until someone tells them the marathon is over.

If you use something like a Razer Tarterus (and possibly a Naga mouse) it should be possible to bind a keystroke to simulate a keypress and after a user-defined time activate a similar one. I've not tried it myself - I've honestly never felt the need, having all the keys I need to hand and never wanting to bind my keys so inflexibly.

I would not be certain that wouldn't be considered an exploit or gaming the system however so I'd caution against it

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

59 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

If you use something like a Razer Tarterus (and possibly a Naga mouse) it should be possible to bind a keystroke to simulate a keypress and after a user-defined time activate a similar one. I've not tried it myself - I've honestly never felt the need, having all the keys I need to hand and never wanting to bind my keys so inflexibly.

I would not be certain that wouldn't be considered an exploit or gaming the system however so I'd caution against it

Possibly, but I'd worry that something like that would fall afoul of anti-cheat protections.

I know that CoH doesn't actively use anti-cheat.

But I know some platforms use rather....*COUGH*AGGRESSIVELY ZEALOUS*COUGH* anti-cheat environments.

• Thanks 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!