There is Irony in the Beta Changes to Blast Sets, Fam.

oldskool

Ya know, for a long time Sentinels have had some advantages in their versions of the Blast Sets, and now all of the ATs are going to be eating at our table. 

Folks may look at the new Assault Rifle and say "HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME", and we're here in this dusty subforum just nodding our heads. Yeah... Those were good changes in 2019. 

😉 

• Haha 2

Truth... 

I don't want to have to go and re-write everything in the sticky post. I know there are now outdated entries in there, but its a lot more now (soon even more!!). 😭

Anyway, we've had it too quiet in this forum for too long. These changes may hopefully bring back the "OMG YOU ALL SUCK" posts that people that wanted spout their Blaster supremacy used to do.

I for one, welcome our new overlords (not really; I don't advocate people being douchebags on the Internet, unless it is funny). 

Edited by oldskool
I can't spell for shit.
  • Like 1

I'm happy to see Fire Blast (the power) fixed. Old Paragon devs adding this godawful pause for the sake of normalizing Blaster attacks during the Blaster revamp ruined one of the most enjoyable powers in the game, then for some reason Sentinels got that version ported instead of the pristine Defender/Corruptor one.

No more making do with Flares for me. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I am liking the new AR revamp. 

But Full auto between a Blaster and a Sentinel or even Corruptor is a little uneven. The Blasters version does about 25% more damage than the sentinel version and recharges in 1 minute compared to 1minute 30 second. With the increased recharge for Sentinels i thought they would be much closer damage considering the increased damage scale for Sentinels.

I know they hit the same amount of targets but they they have an extra 30 seconds downtime.

Anyone else notice this?

Edited by Gobbledigook
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Gobbledigook said:

I am liking the new AR revamp. 

But Full auto between a Blaster and a Sentinel or even Corruptor is a little uneven. The Blasters version does about 25% more damage than the sentinel version and recharges in 1 minute compared to 1minute 30 second. With the increased recharge for Sentinels i thought they would be much closer damage considering the increased damage scale for Sentinels.

I know they hit the same amount of targets but they they have an extra 30 seconds downtime.

Anyone else notice this?

Sad Sentinel noises. 😞

Rain of Arrows is the same way but with an even bigger damage gap. 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

Sentinel nuke normalization has always been iffy what with secondary characteristics varying widely in effectiveness. Blackstar and Thunderous Blast big winners, Full Auto and Rain of Arrows big losers. I would love to see some love there - especially given the "losers" are the powersets that already took a relative hit in their original form, when other sets lost the crash on full nukes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FupDup said:

Rain of Arrows is the same way but with an even bigger damage gap. 

Sentinel ultimates generally do ~195 damage while Rain of Arrows does ~185 damage. However, Rain of Arrows hits 16 targets over a 25 yard radius while conventional Sentinel ultimates hit 10 targets over 20 yard radius and only do maximum damage within an 8 yard radius. Given that Sentinel ultimates line up with Aim, they're structured to reliably be a massive alpha strike on every spawn - and Rain of Arrows is arguably the best of them for this purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Hjarki said:

Sentinel ultimates generally do ~195 damage while Rain of Arrows does ~185 damage. However, Rain of Arrows hits 16 targets over a 25 yard radius while conventional Sentinel ultimates hit 10 targets over 20 yard radius and only do maximum damage within an 8 yard radius. Given that Sentinel ultimates line up with Aim, they're structured to reliably be a massive alpha strike on every spawn - and Rain of Arrows is arguably the best of them for this purpose.

Where are you getting the figures from?

Full auto went from a 1 minute recharge to a 1 minute 30 seconds recharge. The damage is still lower than a Blasters, so that is a nerf. Rain of Arrows is a location nuke like Blizzard but it also went from a 1 minute 5 seconds power to 1 minute 30 seconds and it does not do anywhere near the damage you are listing. It is more like 120 damage.

Full auto for Sentinels shows 2 sets of damage listed. It is applying the first set of damage (13.83x11) only, which is significantly lower than the Blasters. The second set (5.72x11) is a small chance to apply i think, probably 10% also. The blasters full auto shows 1 set of damage (17.23x11) which is higher than the Sentinels and has a 10% chance of hitting for extra damage(62.56). Blasters recharges a full 30 seconds faster and has double the range (also buffed by the Snipe) of the Sentinels version with the same cone on test server.

Sentinel version is 152.13 damage + 10% chance 62.92 damage. 90 seconds recharge. 40' cone 90 degree arc.

Blaster version is 189.53 damage + 10% chance 62.56 damage. 60 seconds recharge. 80'cone 90 degree arc.

That which made the Sentinel unique they have just given to the Blaster and the Blaster gets a  better version altogether. 

Edited by Gobbledigook
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gobbledigook said:

Rain of Arrows is a location nuke like Blizzard but it also went from a 1 minute 5 seconds power to 1 minute 30 seconds and it does not do anywhere near the damage you are listing. It is more like 120 damage.

Rain of Arrows (Sentinel) does 3 ticks of this: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=pets.rainofarrows_sentinel.rainofarrows&at=minion_pets

On 4/7/2023 at 9:20 AM, oldskool said:

Ya know, for a long time Sentinels have had some advantages in their versions of the Blast Sets, and now all of the ATs are going to be eating at our table. 

Folks may look at the new Assault Rifle and say "HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME", and we're here in this dusty subforum just nodding our heads. Yeah... Those were good changes in 2019. 

😉

I for one, am not impressed at the swap from Ignite to Incinerate. Ignite is a heavy hitting power, even if the fear effect causes scatter. Oranbega maps, for example, are great for "nowhere to run to baby...nowhere to hide" 

And I'd JUST set up all my macros to capitalize on Ignite, too. It just sucks