Larger caves? More Giant Monster spawns RED side

There is a real lack of giant monsters that spawn regularly on redside, most of which need some sort of requirement to spawn, which to me doesn't seem fair. Blue side has Kraken, Babbage, Eochai, Jack in Irons, Lusca, Paladin, Jurassik that spawn almost regularly and some of which spawn multiple at once (Paladin, Eochai, Jack). 

Red side has no GM in Mercy (granted starter zone), Port Oakes, Cap has Deathsurge (HAS TO KILL 100 GREMLINS = TEDIOUS), Sharkhead has Scrapyard (Outside of arachnos flier which constantly moves...our only really regularly spawning GM), Nerva has Caleb another tedious requirement to spawn, St. Martial is remarkably undisturbed...

Could the devs create more GMs for redside? Or allow the ones that are there to spawn on a regular timer like those in blue side to allow more players to hop from blue to red. 

I would think this would bring more players red side.

Also, on that note, can the caves maps get wider? for sanity's sake? They have the caves for the coralax missions (the cave with the giant stone eye at the end) which are natually wider... can't those caves be the standard for radio/paper missions instead of those claustrophobic narrow maps?

Also, PI maps, Atlas Park , and sewer maps are still very laggy even on the lowest settings for everything. Water in sewers still cause lag even when settings are on the lowest standard.

Need to create more balance or reasons for people to jump onto redside more in my conclusion.

Deathsurge is tedious and Caleb is easy to spawn but not so easy to find.  Scrapyard can be spam spawned and killed very quickly,  my group of 2 people killed him about 50 times in 2 hours.  All 3 of them still share the trait of being force spawnable.  If i want any blue side monster i have to wait.

Blue side has around 25 zones and 8 giant monsters if i counted correctly for 32% of monster to zone coverage.  Red side has 7 zones and 4 giant monsters for 57% coverage.  I didnt count pvp, co-op, or echo zones.

Im not opposed to more giant monsters but comparing red side to blue side cant really work until they get about 15 more zones.  That said,  there could potentially be room for the wailers to have a GM that wants to attack the golden giza on red side.  On blue side ive always thought the minions on igneous could use a GM in the crater of the hollows.

Roomier cave maps are nice but not necessary for me.  I tend to turn off speed boosting powers in any mission so i dont get stuck on rocks in the cave anyway.  It is more variety though so i would welcome it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lkapitan2 said:

Also, PI maps, Atlas Park , and sewer maps are still very laggy even on the lowest settings for everything. Water in sewers still cause lag even when settings are on the lowest standard.

I've never had any problems with those maps and I play on very high settings. On a very old computer. Maybe it is your provider causing you problems?

Sharkhead has Scrapyard (Outside of arachnos flier which constantly moves...our only really regularly spawning GM),

There is an Arachnos flier at Mercy Island, but it is not targetable. I was unaware of there beinga flier in Sharkhead as well. The only GM flier I know of is in Grandville. (Which is much easier to deal with in a mission than the zone.)

Red side has no GM in Mercy (granted starter zone), Port Oakes, Cap has Deathsurge (HAS TO KILL 100 GREMLINS = TEDIOUS), Sharkhead has Scrapyard (Outside of arachnos flier which constantly moves...our only really regularly spawning GM), Nerva has Caleb another tedious requirement to spawn, St. Martial is remarkably undisturbed...

St. Martial may not have a GM, but it does have an event. And personally, I would rather an event over just another GM thrown into a zone. Events require me to be more involved than just standing there smacking a very large bucket of HPs. And you can spawn Scrapyard by smacking down 100 Scrapyarders, I believe. Seems to be the trigger for GMs. 100 Scrapyarders, 100 Gremlins, 100 spectral demons (during either the day or night cycle, can't remember which), 100 (very specific at very specific locations) Clockwork (for Paladin or Babbage, can't remember which) before they reverted it back to not needing the 100 Clockwork, and 100 Council WarWorks to spawn the Goliath WarWorks.

I would think this would bring more players red side.

Need to create more balance or reasons for people to jump onto redside more in my conclusion.

Players are going to play where they want. Players used to spend a lot of time red side because it had the more linear zones and most of the missions/arcs were self-contained to the contact's zone. So no need to run to Atlas Park, the Peregrine Island, then Steel Canyon, then Striga Isle. Being able to stay in zone was a large selling point for a lot of players. However, some players just don't like the idea of playing a villain. Other players don't like the missions/arcs for being red side. Some players stay blue side because that is where their friends and SG mates play. Adding more GMs isn't going to get players to suddenly run to play red side. All it will do is get their vigilante aligned characters to pop over to the red side zone to smack down the GM and then go back blue side to continue what they were doing.

And if the devs were to add incentives to get players red side? Then gold side players would demand the same thing to get their even emptier zones more populated. And as the population shifts away from blue side, blue side would demand incentives to get players back there. So basically, just let players play where they want.

18 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I've never had any problems with those maps and I play on very high settings. On a very old computer. Maybe it is your provider causing you problems?

Some graphics cards and/or drivers don't play nice with all the water in sewer maps.  I can't point to a specific cause, but try adjusting your water/reflections settings, it can help...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, biostem said:

Some graphics cards and/or drivers don't play nice with all the water in sewer maps.  I can't point to a specific cause, but try adjusting your water/reflections settings, it can help...

Forgot about that. Thanks, @biostem.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/26/2023 at 4:44 PM, biostem said:

I play on a laptop with integrated graphics. All settings are on lowest setting possible including water and reflections. 

On 4/26/2023 at 4:25 PM, Rudra said:

There is an Arachnos flier at Mercy Island, but it is not targetable. I was unaware of there beinga flier in Sharkhead as well. The only GM flier I know of is in Grandville. (Which is much easier to deal with in a mission than the zone.)

St. Martial may not have a GM, but it does have an event. And personally, I would rather an event over just another GM thrown into a zone. Events require me to be more involved than just standing there smacking a very large bucket of HPs. And you can spawn Scrapyard by smacking down 100 Scrapyarders, I believe. Seems to be the trigger for GMs. 100 Scrapyarders, 100 Gremlins, 100 spectral demons (during either the day or night cycle, can't remember which), 100 (very specific at very specific locations) Clockwork (for Paladin or Babbage, can't remember which) before they reverted it back to not needing the 100 Clockwork, and 100 Council WarWorks to spawn the Goliath WarWorks.

Players are going to play where they want. Players used to spend a lot of time red side because it had the more linear zones and most of the missions/arcs were self-contained to the contact's zone. So no need to run to Atlas Park, the Peregrine Island, then Steel Canyon, then Striga Isle. Being able to stay in zone was a large selling point for a lot of players. However, some players just don't like the idea of playing a villain. Other players don't like the missions/arcs for being red side. Some players stay blue side because that is where their friends and SG mates play. Adding more GMs isn't going to get players to suddenly run to play red side. All it will do is get their vigilante aligned characters to pop over to the red side zone to smack down the GM and then go back blue side to continue what they were doing.

And if the devs were to add incentives to get players red side? Then gold side players would demand the same thing to get their even emptier zones more populated. And as the population shifts away from blue side, blue side would demand incentives to get players back there. So basically, just let players play where they want.

I am on a laptop with integrated graphics.

Apologies, I meant the flier in GV.

Definitely like the idea of adding more events red and yellow side! Just trying to come up with suggestions to give more life to villain side. I am sure more people would flock to red side if there were such things events or gms or just new content in general but most flock to blue because that is where the majority of ppl is. A lot of people succumb to the idea that it is harder to get a team red side and not a lot of ppl like to lead teams but i do see people jump to red side when red side groups do post. Just trying to be positive i understand your points though. Any suggestions are welcome! Just want more evil teammates! >:)

Spamming Scrapyard is effective yes but come on its a little boring focusing on 1 GM to constantly respawn. I like the diversity blue side has, and yes of course they have more zones so more options to include more GMs for overall percentage but im just trying to say that it would be fun to go from mercy to po to cap to shark to nerva to st martial to gv without having some sort of requirement for most GMs. But yes, events are a big way to include others. 

I'm in the minority who prefers to play villains. Dont get me wrong i LOVE blue side but I am the kind of player that would say, start Mass Effect for the first time and play it evil. Play Fable on xbox for the first time, and play it evil. I like to be different *shrugs* but I understand where you're coming from that people will play where they want to play but flat out saying that " Adding more GMS isnt going to get players to suddenly run to play red side."  is a little closed minded. I've seen teams on blue side running around and smashng down GM's zone to zone having loads of fun. you cant deny that it would be pretty fun to do that on red side with timed spawned GMs. I am just trying to suggest some things to bring more life to red side. Yellow side as well! Events are a great idea! Only looking for positive responses. Thank you for your input.

Can't please everyone i get that, but it seems like red side is just left to way side a tad imo. Would like to see more life to the other aspects of the game. Suggestions are welcome!! 

Edited by Lkapitan2

On 4/26/2023 at 1:29 PM, TheZag said:

Deathsurge is tedious and Caleb is easy to spawn but not so easy to find.  Scrapyard can be spam spawned and killed very quickly,  my group of 2 people killed him about 50 times in 2 hours.  All 3 of them still share the trait of being force spawnable.  If i want any blue side monster i have to wait.

Blue side has around 25 zones and 8 giant monsters if i counted correctly for 32% of monster to zone coverage.  Red side has 7 zones and 4 giant monsters for 57% coverage.  I didnt count pvp, co-op, or echo zones.

Im not opposed to more giant monsters but comparing red side to blue side cant really work until they get about 15 more zones.  That said,  there could potentially be room for the wailers to have a GM that wants to attack the golden giza on red side.  On blue side ive always thought the minions on igneous could use a GM in the crater of the hollows.

Roomier cave maps are nice but not necessary for me.  I tend to turn off speed boosting powers in any mission so i dont get stuck on rocks in the cave anyway.  It is more variety though so i would welcome it.

Would LOVE a wailer GM! 

7 minutes ago, Lkapitan2 said:

What is that? Sorry not familiar.

You put it into the launcher, and it makes the game use a slightly different renderer, which runs much better on older or integrated GPUs.

Steps below:

coh launcher 1.jpg

coh launcher 2.jpg

coh launcher 3.jpg

Yes blue side has more giant monsters, but most of them don't spawn in the "regular" city zones, it's mostly in the hazard zones.  Lusca is the only one I can think of, aside from spawning Kronos or Babbage during a TF, and depending on if you consider Croatoa a hazard zone or a regular zone.  Anyway, point being, not all Rogue Isles cities make sense for a giant monster.

But maybe there are some other opportunities?  What about the Jade Spider in Siren's Call?  Could be defeated by either side (or coop, except for the splash damage *evil laugh*).  Maybe Jurassik could show up in The Abyss, or Monster Island?

• Like 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

1 minute ago, Jiro Ito said:

Yes blue side has more giant monsters, but most of them don't spawn in the "regular" city zones, it's mostly in the hazard zones.  Lusca is the only one I can think of, aside from spawning Kronos or Babbage during a TF, and depending on if you consider Croatoa a hazard zone or a regular zone

There is also the Monster Construction (Monstrous Construction? Something like that.) in King's Row. And if not destroyed, spawns Paladin in King's Row.