Knockback to Knockdown Question

Arnabas

My Storm Defender has Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown in Hurricane, but it is still doing knockback rather than knockdown... Is its effectiveness based on the Enhancement level? It's level 20, so will a higher level version be more likely to do Knockdown?

• City Council
1 hour ago, Arnabas said:

My Storm Defender has Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown in Hurricane, but it is still doing knockback rather than knockdown... Is its effectiveness based on the Enhancement level? It's level 20, so will a higher level version be more likely to do Knockdown?

Is it an extreme knockback, or is it relatively minor? The power (Category Five) uses two knock vector effects. Inside of 8 feet there is a vectored Knockdown, while outside of 8 feet there is a side-knock. There is a chance you are seeing a weakened side-knock, which is why I ask.

Edit: I've been so consumed by Storm Blast, I assumed you were talking about Category Five. Apologies, carry-on. As for hurricane, it should be converting its knockback to Knockdown with the KB2KD IO, but you still have the repel effect to contend with.

14 hours ago, Random Axis said:

It's a repel, not a knockback. There's nothing to mitigate it. Best thing you can do is position yourself so the enemy is pushed in a useful direction.

@Arnabas

There's both in Hurricane.  But yes the most obvious effect is a mag +1 Repel which constantly pushes the mobs away.  The knockback is +8.308 mag but only a 5% chance to occur.  How often it checks not sure.  Every 0.25 sec perhaps i.e. the activate period per target of Hurricane.

Edited by Doomguide2005

No, the effectiveness of KB2KD is not affected by the level of the enhancement. What you are likely seeing and calling KB is probably the result of momentum. If a target is already moving when they are affected by either KD or KU they will continue to move in the direction they were going. Because with hurricane enemy targets are constantly being repelled back they are already moving when they are affected by KD and are still sent away from you a little rather than being repelled and then flung away violently like they would without the KB2KD enhancement.

5 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

@Arnabas

There's both in Hurricane.  But yes the most obvious effect is a mag +1 Repel which constantly pushes the mobs away.  The knockback is +8.308 mag but only a 5% chance to occur.  How often it checks not sure.  Every 0.25 sec perhaps i.e. the activate period per target of Hurricane.

OP said they have the Sudden Acceleration KB>KD enhancement, so the hurricane isn't doing any knockback. The enemies they're seeing be pushed away are being repelled.

27 minutes ago, Thrax said:

Iirc, hurricane is only good if you stay away from the group at all times and it just replies stuff that gets close to you. Or stay on top of an AV for the -to hit debuff as they resist the repel anyway. 

Or position yourself just outside of melee so the mobs stay in range of the scrappers but can't hit anything.

17 hours ago, Random Axis said:

OP said they have the Sudden Acceleration KB>KD enhancement, so the hurricane isn't doing any knockback. The enemies they're seeing be pushed away are being repelled.

Yes.  Sorry if I wasn't clear or appeared to be correcting you.  My intent was to clarify the base knock/repel effect values sans any enhancements or other external buff/debuffs of Hurricane.

• Like 1