Reduce the activation time of Storm Cell

For the ability we're using every fight, the activation time is kind of annoying. It really should be immediate. Why do we need to wait 2 seconds before it begins? Why can't the rain just start pouring as soon as we lift our hands up? If Storm Cell's activation time is much reduced (I think it should be near instantaneous), the set will feel much smoother. As it is now, it feels delayed. Not a great feeling. I know this is supposed to be like a slow-moving storm, but that does not mean the activation needs to be lagged -- especially since we depend on this ability for every other ability. Please.

Edited by AxerJ
  • Like 1

i think thematically storms take time to build up and form. The devs have said that this is supposed to be a fun set, not a top tier set. I think it mostly succeeds. just a heads up in the storm secondary set most of the powers have a cast time of 2 seconds or longer. So the cast time is more or less in line with its counterpart.

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen
  • Like 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

He's 100% accurate on this though, many teams kill mobs very fast, often so much so that in the time it takes for you to get all your stuff in, the mob is already dead.  I'd argue storm blast is a phenomenal solo set that doesn't work well in high damage teams, as by itself it can do a lot of AoE once everything gets moving, but the problem is everything HAS to get moving and rev up.  The revup factor is very very bad for doing burst AoE which is more important in teams as you just don't get to do anything otherwise.

Storm cell should also move quicker once its summoned, much quicker.  It should fly and should even teleport to whatever your attacking.  Or I'd have asked to make it an AoE toggle.  Again, it produces no agro.  But it's necessary for all the powers to work.

Everything in CoH is activation time economy, and Storm blasts biggest problem so far is just that, so it's actually, while a fun set numbers wise, they rarely are relevant in teamplay.  It does seem to be an exceptional solo set though, as then once its going the mobs die very quickly, quicker than average in fact as the high AoE damage just keeps going.  I cannot help but feel it wasn't tested long enough for feedback to matter, it was pushed out to early.

Activation time and burst is 'everything' for AoE power in the current meta of the game.  Thats why fire, ice and water blast are so powerful, they need no setup time to inflict the maximum damage, or can prep 'before' engaging.

57 minutes ago, DrunkFlux said:

He's 100% accurate on this though, many teams kill mobs very fast, often so much so that in the time it takes for you to get all your stuff in, the mob is already dead.  I'd argue storm blast is a phenomenal solo set that doesn't work well in high damage teams, as by itself it can do a lot of AoE once everything gets moving, but the problem is everything HAS to get moving and rev up.  The revup factor is very very bad for doing burst AoE which is more important in teams as you just don't get to do anything otherwise.

Storm cell should also move quicker once its summoned, much quicker.  It should fly and should even teleport to whatever your attacking.  Or I'd have asked to make it an AoE toggle.  Again, it produces no agro.  But it's necessary for all the powers to work.

Everything in CoH is activation time economy, and Storm blasts biggest problem so far is just that, so it's actually, while a fun set numbers wise, they rarely are relevant in teamplay.  It does seem to be an exceptional solo set though, as then once its going the mobs die very quickly, quicker than average in fact as the high AoE damage just keeps going.  I cannot help but feel it wasn't tested long enough for feedback to matter, it was pushed out to early.

Activation time and burst is 'everything' for AoE power in the current meta of the game.  Thats why fire, ice and water blast are so powerful, they need no setup time to inflict the maximum damage, or can prep 'before' engaging.

If you are on a high damage team like that, then you don't need the time setting everything up. Add your available damage, buffs, and/or debuffs to the mix and keep going. If you run up against a Monster class foe or something else that slows the team down? Then open up with your full power. I'm glad there is a set that plays differently, that isn't trying to be Fire Blast Redux. It can still mesh well with the current meta for team play, you just have to focus on doing what you can instead of trying to be the star eating everything on the map.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

If you are on a high damage team like that, then you don't need the time setting everything up. Add your available damage, buffs, and/or debuffs to the mix and keep going. If you run up against a Monster class foe or something else that slows the team down? Then open up with your full power. I'm glad there is a set that plays differently, that isn't trying to be Fire Blast Redux. It can still mesh well with the current meta for team play, you just have to focus on doing what you can instead of trying to be the star eating everything on the map.

And if the player is a blaster?  Then what?

As for the star eating everything on the map, well thats why I spear-head, but thats actually so mobs are dealt with faster and the map is cleared faster overall.  Honestly I don't do that except on my main blaster who is made to be a hyper-aggressive build, which I'm building my own storm/time manip for a similar play style.  Again I'd brought up it has tremendous staying power, so it's effectively an Archvillain killer, it does seem less valuable on anything without AV's though, or without lots of high health enemies.

I wonder if someone could make a fire farmer with storm blast :D.

I'd add though, I think storm blast screams to be used on a corruptor and I think it can be crazy with any secondary.  Its attacks seem to hit hard even with the lower damage modifier without scourge and just hit like a truck with scourge.  Since corrs/defenders aren't known for being super devastating with most T9s as it is, this works out for them.

37 minutes ago, DrunkFlux said:

And if the player is a blaster?  Then what?

As for the star eating everything on the map, well thats why I spear-head, but thats actually so mobs are dealt with faster and the map is cleared faster overall.  Honestly I don't do that except on my main blaster who is made to be a hyper-aggressive build, which I'm building my own storm/time manip for a similar play style.  Again I'd brought up it has tremendous staying power, so it's effectively an Archvillain killer, it does seem less valuable on anything without AV's though, or without lots of high health enemies.

I wonder if someone could make a fire farmer with storm blast :D.

What difference does it make if the player is on a Blaster? You use your attacks and blast the targets. If it takes time you don't want in order to use some abilities, then you don't use those abilities until they are actually needed. You can still slot your attacks for damage. You can still floor stomp everything in your path. And then when things bog down, you cut loose and utterly annihilate your foe(s).

(Edit: Though honestly, a 2.03 second cast time is not actually that long. And would likely work just fine even on high damage teams on Hard Mode content. Or on +4/x8 runs where multiple spawns are in close proximity to each other.)

Edited by Rudra

2.03 seconds I'd seen entire mobs die in that time.  In fact, i see it all the time.

Thats why me and Axer are bringing it up.  It only matters when a majority of mobs are very very tough, but a lot of the games content the mobs aren't.  If your soloing the mobs on 8x and able to handle fine, more power to you it'll work fine.  But your practically forced to do that to see the powers actually come into play, its either that or AV's which storm blast can definently do well against.

It's just down to the law of practicality :/.  It's not the most impractical thing i've seen, and honestly we are trying to give constructive criticism and your basically stating it's perfectly fine, when multiple times in the forums they brought up these potential issues, and now its seen in play.

28 minutes ago, DrunkFlux said:

It only matters when a majority of mobs are very very tough, but a lot of the games content the mobs aren't. 

That very statement also applies to the need for using Storm Cell on a regular basis while on a high damage team.

29 minutes ago, DrunkFlux said:

It's just down to the law of practicality :/.  It's not the most impractical thing i've seen, and honestly we are trying to give constructive criticism and your basically stating it's perfectly fine, when multiple times in the forums they brought up these potential issues, and now its seen in play.

Not really. It comes down to the fact it does not mesh perfectly with the current meta of "uber maximum damage at all times!!!!!!". When the spawns melt before the team? The extra oomph from Storm Cell isn't necessary. When the spawns are able to stand up to the party? It's a great time to use it.

49 minutes ago, Rudra said:

That very statement also applies to the need for using Storm Cell on a regular basis while on a high damage team.

Not really. It comes down to the fact it does not mesh perfectly with the current meta of "uber maximum damage at all times!!!!!!". When the spawns melt before the team? The extra oomph from Storm Cell isn't necessary. When the spawns are able to stand up to the party? It's a great time to use it.

Actually i'm not arguing about "Uber maximum damage at all times" but actually the power getting to apply and be a factor 'at all', theres a huge difference.  A energy torrent for example if it fires off and lands, even if the mobs are killed before anything else is used, is still a power that got to be a factor in that fight.  Is freezing rain useful if the mobs die so fast it doesn't land?  Nope, even fulcrum shift can become irrelevent if the mobs die way, way to fast for it to apply.  But thats a case of speed to the mob and it's still able to get a sizable damage buff on a few enemies.

Problem is, Cat 5 doesn't matter in most fights since well your likely to get 1-2 powers off after using it even if you opened up with it but ignored storm cell, or vice versa with storm cell.  Only if your way ahead of the team does it matter.  Thats what I am talking about.  It becomes a wasted power use when you fire it at anything anyone else is already engaging and they are powerful enough.  The mobs have to live long enough for it to work at all.

Even if it did even so much as say, 100 damage upfront it'd be 100 times more useful than it is now, because then at LEAST you get to see 'that' damage inflicted.

And my point is that if the mobs are melting that fast, what does it matter if you pop Storm Cell or not? Use your other attacks until you need Storm Cell. If I pop Rain of Fire and everything dies before it starts? Okay, I didn't even need to use that power at all. If I pop Build Up and the target dies before I can use my next attack? Then I didn't need to use Build Up. Not every attack or buff or debuff needs to be fired when you're just fighting opponents your team can eat before anyone can even blink. Some powers are not needed as often as others on some teams. That does not mean those powers need to be changed.

Can you give me a reason other than you can't fit Storm Cell into your sequence while on a high damage team to change Storm Cell? Can you even give me a reason why every power in a power set needs to be able to be used efficiently in every fight?

Some powers are best reserved for when they are needed. Other powers can be used as much as the player/character wants in every situation.

Well I dunno, I just don't seem to feel like storm blast is a useful powerset, in fact I feel it kind of sucks and if the idea of "fun over performance" well, I'm just gonna stick with ahem;

Fire blast

Ice blast

Water Blast

Beam Rifle

The new Assault Rifle

Energy Blast

Archery

Dark Blast

Dual Pistols

Sonic Blast

Aka, every other set in the game where if I fire the tier 9, unless everything had died before it lands its because I messed up, not because someone else quickly joined in and fired off there judgement or own T9 that isn't Category 5.  No other set has this problem.

Category 5 sucks and storm cell just seems unreliable and to slow for the meta, the powerset as a whole suffers tremendously for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

And an FYI:  I have a lot of fun with most every one of the other power sets and enjoy them a LOT, its more than the numbers, in fact if I only cared about damage sure I'd just pick fire blast and call it a day, but in fact I actually value UTILITY in my builds(including blasters), but I don't even see that with storm blast.  The effects are awesome to, I also enjoyed seismic a ton because it had utility and I was still able to land the meteors in time with how I adjusted my playstyle to ensure meteor could land on the mobs before everyone else melted them.  Cat 5 cannot even do that.

Edited by DrunkFlux

Shhh you can't suggest that it's not just Council farmers that want to be able to kill things or the brigade will come for you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

The discussion was about Storm Cell. Not about Cat 5. If you want to talk about Cat 5 too?

10 minutes ago, DrunkFlux said:

Well I dunno, I just don't seem to feel like storm blast is a useful powerset, in fact I feel it kind of sucks and if the idea of "fun over performance" well, I'm just gonna stick with ahem;

Fire blast

Ice blast

Water Blast

Beam Rifle

The new Assault Rifle

Energy Blast

Archery

Dark Blast

Dual Pistols

Sonic Blast

Aka, every other set in the game where if I fire the tier 9, unless everything had died before it lands its because I messed up, not because someone else quickly joined in and fired off there judgement or own T9 that isn't Category 5.  No other set has this problem.

Category 5 sucks and storm cell just seems unreliable and to slow for the meta, the powerset as a whole suffers tremendously for it.

1 minute ago, DrunkFlux said:

And an FYI:  I have a lot of fun with most every one of the other power sets and enjoy them a LOT, its more than the numbers, in fact if I only cared about damage sure I'd just pick fire blast and call it a day, but in fact I actually value UTILITY in my sets, but I don't even see that with storm blast.  The effects are awesome to, I also enjoyed seismic a ton because it had utility and I was still able to land the meteors in time with how I adjusted my playstyle to ensure meteor could land on the mobs before everyone else melted them.  Cat 5 cannot even do that.

You like Meteor? Okay, how's this:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.storm_blast.category_five&at=blaster

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.seismic_blast.meteor&at=blaster

Meteor has a cast time of 2.57 seconds. Category 5 has a cast time of 2.5 seconds.

Meteor starts applying damage at .5 seconds into the animation. Category 5 does so at .833 seconds into the animation.

Meteor has an accuracy of 1.0. Category 5 has an accuracy of 2.0.

So Category 5 is 1/3 of a second slower in applying damage than Meteor, has double the accuracy so it is much more likely to do its damage when it hits, and has the faster cast time. What about Fire Blast? Okay:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.fire_blast.inferno&at=blaster

Inferno has a cast time of 3 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Inferno does not apply its damage until 1.833 seconds into its animation as compared to the .833 seconds of Category 5.

Inferno has an accuracy of 1.4 as compared to Category 5's 2.0.

I can do more comparisons if you want. So please, go on and tell me about how bad Category 5 is compared to the oh so much better powers you would rather use.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Wravis said:

Do it.

Water Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.water_blast.geyser&at=blaster

Geyser has a cast time of 2.93 seconds as compared to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Geyser applies its damage 1.833 seconds into its animation as compared to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Geyser has an accuracy of 1.4 as compared to Category 5's 2.0.

Sonic Attack:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.sonic_attack.dreadful_wail&at=blaster

Dreadful Wail has a cast time of 1.97 seconds as compared to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Dreadful Wail applies its damage 0.567 seconds into its animation as compared to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Dreadful Wail has an accuracy of 1.4 as compared to Category 5's 2.0.

This is a power I will accept as outperforming Category 5.

Radiation Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.radiation_blast.atomic_blast&at=blaster

Atomic Blast has a cast time of 2.93 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Atomic Blast applies its damage 2.067 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Atomic Blast has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Psychic Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.psychic_blast.psychic_wail&at=blaster

Psychic Wail has a cast time of 1.97 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Psychic Wail applies its damage 0.567 seconds into tis animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Psychic Wail has an accuracy of 1.5 to Category 5's 2.0.

I can also agree that this power performs better.

Ice Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.ice_blast.blizzard&at=blaster

Blizzard has a cast time of 2.03 seconds.

Blizzard applies it damage at 0.833 just like Category 5.

Blizzard has an accuracy of 2. just like Category 5.

I would call these two equal.

Energy Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.energy_blast.nova&at=blaster

Nova has a cast time of 3.0 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Nova applies its damage 1.833 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Nova has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Electrical Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.electrical_blast.thunderous_blast&at=blaster

Thunderous Blast has a cast time of 2.93 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Thunderous Balst applies its damage 2.367 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Thunderous Blast has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Dual Pistols:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.dual_pistols.hail_of_bullets&at=blaster

Hail of Bullets has a cast time of 2.47 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Hail of Bullets applies its damage 0.2 seconds into its animation to 0.833 seconds for Category 5.

Hail of Bullets has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Dark Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.dark_blast.blackstar&at=blaster

Blackstar has a cast time of 3.0 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Blackstar applies its damage 1.833 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Blackstar has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Beam Rifle:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.beam_rifle.overcharge&at=blaster

Overcharge has a cast time of 2.9 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Overcharge applies its damage 1.833 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Overcharge has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Assault Rifle:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.assault_rifle.full_auto&at=blaster

Full Auto has a cast time of 2.5 seconds just like Category 5.

Full Auto applies its damage 0.3 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Full Auto has an accuracy of 1.35 to Category 5's 2.0.

Archery:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.archery.rain_of_arrows&at=blaster

Rain of Arrows has a cast time of 2.0 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Rain of Arrows applies its damage 1.8 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Rain of Arrows has an accuracy of 1.0 to Category 5's 2.0.

There, every Blaster set between the two posts. And Category 5 outperforms most of them for how long it takes to cast, when it applies its damage, and the likelihood of its damage being applied when it activated.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The discussion was about Storm Cell. Not about Cat 5. If you want to talk about Cat 5 too?

You like Meteor? Okay, how's this:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.storm_blast.category_five&at=blaster

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.seismic_blast.meteor&at=blaster

Meteor has a cast time of 2.57 seconds. Category 5 has a cast time of 2.5 seconds.

Meteor starts applying damage at .5 seconds into the animation. Category 5 does so at .833 seconds into the animation.

Meteor has an accuracy of 1.0. Category 5 has an accuracy of 2.0.

So Category 5 is 1/3 of a second slower in applying damage than Meteor, has double the accuracy so it is much more likely to do its damage when it hits, and has the faster cast time. What about Fire Blast? Okay:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.fire_blast.inferno&at=blaster

Inferno has a cast time of 3 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Inferno does not apply its damage until 1.833 seconds into its animation as compared to the .833 seconds of Category 5.

Inferno has an accuracy of 1.4 as compared to Category 5's 2.0.

I can do more comparisons if you want. So please, go on and tell me about how bad Category 5 is compared to the oh so much better powers you would rather use.

Cat 5 I brought up and derailed a little as it has the same problems as Storm cell.  Actually worst, since it doesn't even move.

Both powers need a LOT of time to matter.  I'm talking 10-20 seconds+.

Inferno, at that 3 seconds hits for its FULL damage.

Meteor once landed hits for FULL damage.

Even Rain of arrows hits for full damage much, much, MUCH faster than either storm cell or Category 5.

Some sets have even higher initiative:

Water Geyser not only applies full damage but is targetted AoE so easy as pie to fire off.
Electrical blasts Tier 9 Also hits for full as does Beam rifle and both are targetted AoE.

Non tier 9s, standard powers that are slow but I still use them:  Fire breath needs about 3 seconds, but unless enemy dies right away, it'll usually get its damage in.  Many melee attacks at high tier have long activations but still get full effect.  Also them failing doesnt egregiously effect your other powers.

In fact, every powerset when you activate a power, unless you fired it when everything already was dead practically your getting the full effect out of them.

Both Storm Cell and Category five need at least 10 or so seconds to be useful.  And even then, may not be useful if RNG decides not to trigger the lightning strikes.  THAT is the problem here as why the OP wanted the activation time to be lowered.  You not only have the activation time of storm cell and category five but ALSO THE ACTIVATION TIME OF EVERY SINGLE ATTACK YOU USE DURING THAT.  AND EVEN THEN IT DOES NOT ALWAYS APPLY!  It's unreliable, horribly unreliable and that was a complaint in the test forums.

So you've got a powerset that has a finicky mechanic at best.  It has almost no initiative.  It's effectively a set thats only useful vs AV's and really, really tough mobs that don't die right away.  Yet every other set I play also is useful vs really, really tough mobs.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, DrunkFlux said:

You focused entirely on the wrong thing in that comparison chart.

Did I? You said:

8 hours ago, DrunkFlux said:

Everything in CoH is activation time economy,

And what I compared? Was the cast times and how long into the animation you have to wait before damage is applied.

Also:

6 minutes ago, DrunkFlux said:

Inferno, at that 3 seconds hits for its FULL damage.

No, it doesn't. Read the linked page. It does some of its damage at 1.833 seconds into its animation. Then it does the rest of its damage over the next 8.1 seconds.

• Thumbs Down 1

In fact I don't think you even know what your talking about in the rule of practicality, at all.  You focus only on the end result of the power in THEORY but not in ACTUAL PRACTICE.

90% of the fights I see in teams last about 3-8 seconds on lower difficulties.  Even at +4 if its an easier group like council a few more seconds but all the minions and lts are dead.  If Theres an incarnate or two judgements usually wipe out the minions/lts almost immedietly.  Normally, I try to keep my t9s back until i'm sure I'll get them off, so it ends up cycling the t9s/judgements.  Thats standard.

Storm cell and Category 5 just need to much time to be relevent, they are way to slow.  They lack speed, not movement, i'm talking they need a lot of time to really come into effect.  The fact is they are only good in AV fights or when theres a lot of elite bosses around.  Storm cell isn't the end of the world but category 5 is to me just way overly situational.  But its the same problem for both; there effects just way to often do not come into play due to the sheer amount of time needed for them to matter.

10 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Water Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.water_blast.geyser&at=blaster

Geyser has a cast time of 2.93 seconds as compared to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Geyser applies its damage 1.833 seconds into its animation as compared to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Geyser has an accuracy of 1.4 as compared to Category 5's 2.0.

Sonic Attack:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.sonic_attack.dreadful_wail&at=blaster

Dreadful Wail has a cast time of 1.97 seconds as compared to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Dreadful Wail applies its damage 0.567 seconds into its animation as compared to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Dreadful Wail has an accuracy of 1.4 as compared to Category 5's 2.0.

This is a power I will accept as outperforming Category 5.

Radiation Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.radiation_blast.atomic_blast&at=blaster

Atomic Blast has a cast time of 2.93 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Atomic Blast applies its damage 2.067 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Atomic Blast has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Psychic Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.psychic_blast.psychic_wail&at=blaster

Psychic Wail has a cast time of 1.97 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Psychic Wail applies its damage 0.567 seconds into tis animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Psychic Wail has an accuracy of 1.5 to Category 5's 2.0.

I can also agree that this power performs better.

Ice Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.ice_blast.blizzard&at=blaster

Blizzard has a cast time of 2.03 seconds.

Blizzard applies it damage at 0.833 just like Category 5.

Blizzard has an accuracy of 2. just like Category 5.

I would call these two equal.

Energy Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.energy_blast.nova&at=blaster

Nova has a cast time of 3.0 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Nova applies its damage 1.833 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Nova has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Electrical Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.electrical_blast.thunderous_blast&at=blaster

Thunderous Blast has a cast time of 2.93 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Thunderous Balst applies its damage 2.367 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Thunderous Blast has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Dual Pistols:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.dual_pistols.hail_of_bullets&at=blaster

Hail of Bullets has a cast time of 2.47 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Hail of Bullets applies its damage 0.2 seconds into its animation to 0.833 seconds for Category 5.

Hail of Bullets has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Dark Blast:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.dark_blast.blackstar&at=blaster

Blackstar has a cast time of 3.0 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Blackstar applies its damage 1.833 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Blackstar has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Beam Rifle:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.beam_rifle.overcharge&at=blaster

Overcharge has a cast time of 2.9 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Overcharge applies its damage 1.833 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Overcharge has an accuracy of 1.4 to Category 5's 2.0.

Assault Rifle:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.assault_rifle.full_auto&at=blaster

Full Auto has a cast time of 2.5 seconds just like Category 5.

Full Auto applies its damage 0.3 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Full Auto has an accuracy of 1.35 to Category 5's 2.0.

Archery:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.archery.rain_of_arrows&at=blaster

Rain of Arrows has a cast time of 2.0 seconds to Category 5's 2.5 seconds.

Rain of Arrows applies its damage 1.8 seconds into its animation to Category 5's 0.833 seconds.

Rain of Arrows has an accuracy of 1.0 to Category 5's 2.0.

There, every Blaster set between the two posts. And Category 5 outperforms most of them for how long it takes to cast, when it applies its damage, and the likelihood of its damage being applied when it activated.

I'm convinced you don't actually play this game and instead spend all of your time opining on the feedback section.
Compare how long is takes for the full amount of damage to be applied.  Things will be dead before Cat 5's damage gets there.

• Thumbs Up 4

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

Just now, Rudra said:

Did I? You said:

And what I compared? Was the cast times and how long into the animation you have to wait before damage is applied.

Also:

No, it doesn't. Read the linked page. It does some of its damage at 1.833 seconds into its animation. Then it does the rest of its damage over the next 8.1 seconds.

I stand by that the damage is still done fully when the animation time ends, where-as category 5 and storm cell need far far more tiem than you'd think due to the mechanics by nature.  Every single group I played so far nothing was alive long enough for storm cell or category 5 to matter.  Whereas I never had that problem on any other set in the game, the closest being seismic even then I found ways around it.

Just now, Wravis said:

I'm convinced you don't actually play this game and instead spend all of your time opining on the feedback section.
Compare how long is takes for the full amount of damage to be applied.  Things will be dead before Cat 5's damage gets there.

Same can be said of pretty much every other T9 listed in the scenario @DrunkFlux posits.

• Haha 1