Nothing to look forward to

Diantane

40 minutes ago, ZemX said:

I notice you haven't said what, specifically, you don't understand about the incarnate system, the online tutorials, or even any of the "supportive" replies you've gotten in this thread.

I was gonna say. Ask for clarification, maybe?

This whole thread strikes me as the overly-defensive complaints of someone who doesn't actually want to learn, they've already decided going in that a subject is "too hard" and that they'll "never get it" so they aren't going to bother trying. I work with a lot of retirees who have that same "stonewall" mentality regarding simple tech concepts like passwords despite those having been commonplace for at least twenty-five years now, and in my free time I teach people how to play board games, so I see it a lot -- glance at thing, fail to instantly understand thing, declare thing impossible, blame thing for being impossible.

"We've tried nothing, and we're all out of ideas!"

Edited by Mjolnerd
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

5 minutes ago, ZemX said:

The OP in this thread didn't ask a single question.  I think a lot of people missed that.

Most people see a problem and want to help, even when the person isn't receptive to the help provided.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, lemming said:

Most people see a problem and want to help, even when the person isn't receptive to the help provided.

I know.  The trolls know that too and exploit it.  Anyone wondering why the reception in this thread has been a little frosty should do some searching.  There is history here.

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

I know.  The trolls know that too and exploit it.  Anyone wondering why the reception in this thread has been a little frosty should do some searching.  There is history here.

I did take a peek and TC is the same one complaining about how the drop in the enhancement booster market killed their ability to play. Best advice I can give to TC is step back, take a breather and realize it's just (I know, I know) a game. If it brings you no joy and you feel the need to bring others down with you, it may be time to take a break and get in a better headspace.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

8 hours ago, lemming said:

I mean, this is a discussion forum. Discussing things is literally what it's for. If you need to complain about a problem but don't want people to offer feedback or solutions or otherwise respond to you, I don't know, man... start a blog or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

make a necro, get zombie walk, stop being in a harrumph, OP!

even better, save your inf and get some prismy things for a costume. you can sort of grind them i think, but i dunno how, so...

anyways, its tons of fun to play as a wicked npc!

spacer.png

On 5/5/2023 at 9:57 AM, Greycat said:

Stop rushing. Do the contacts at level, with no 2xp buff, no farms, no PI radio teams. You may have a bunch of powersets at 50, but I can't possibly believe you've actually *experienced* them and how they grow in 3-4 days, *CERTAINLY* not in 7 hours, or dealt with *not* being super-tanky or uber-damage or whatever. There is absolutely *no* reason to rush to 50 - can't even say "except maybe for PVP" any more, as you can make Temporal Warriors now.

Rushing to 50 to grind raids for gear is an "other MMOs" thing. Not a COH thing. Play slower. Yes, you'll be less powerful, it may even be frustrating at times because you're getting hit, running out of END, etc. But you'll be facing enemies at the levels they're supposed to be. Take the time to *get to know the game and the lore.* Pay attention to the comments, the plaques, the clues. The easter eggs in the names of places and NPCs.

Don't forget the other half of MMO is RPG. Dip your toes into RPing. The only reason *any* character of mine is "finished" is because I've gone through their storylines - they may be 50, they may not, but the only characters I have that are "finished" are legacies from live, where the people they were involved with may not be here (or may have passed.) But they've usually been played to a satisfying conclusion in whatever storylines we've made for ourselves. I have others at 50 who've got hundreds of hours on them - yes, they're incarnated out, etc, etc, but certainly not *finished* in the least. Get to know other players and what their characters are doing *as characters.*

If that's not your thing, give yourself other goals. How many badges does your highest badger have? What accolades do you have? Or give yourself other goals - just use SOs, play oddball characters (as many pool powers/few primary/secondary powers as possible, for instance.) On live, I'd done things like "every control set to 50."

Don't sabotage your own game experience with the 2xp/rush to 50.

Love this reply - thanks!

I'm not rushing to 50. Another player had suggested not using 2X and I went back to life without that. Was able to do more missions, more contacts that I missed before (over running the content). Hosted teams in the Hollows to do all of the arcs (not just Wincott and Flux). They get increasingly tougher, but mostly enjoyable.

One difficulty is deciding which alt I want to use the incarnates with for my first experience. Not a grinder, yes, but I'm talking farming with a rad/fire brute (that is grinding that I tried and didn't care for). Doing the storyline arcs is not grinding to me and I really enjoy them, but the most difficult part is finding and playing new arcs. Tired of playing the same arcs over and over again. Like Lockhart, Agent Watkins, Roy Cooling, Provost Marchland (have done all these over 80 times). One day I did the Provost arc three times @ 5 hours each on three alts.

Not a badge collector (collect them all). I do find exploration badges because it allows me to go to other places fast using the Long Range Teleporter accolade. This has changed gameplay a lot. No longer do I have to "find" the base portal to train. Now I go to the entrance of the next mission (don't go in). Then cast the accolade and select my base where I have a trainer, quartermaster and nurse. When I'm done I exit the base and I'm back at the mission entrance again. Amazing.

Edited by Diantane
  • Thumbs Up 1